Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

58 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wouldn’t we usually be in Nickel in 2nd and 3rd and long though?  I don’t think I would play Collins at MLB in our base formation.

Yeah, I'm talking about playing Collins at MIKE in nickel and dime groups, mostly to run Tampa 2.  Imagine a personnel group where the back 7 is Dunbar, Moreland, X corner on the outside (Moreau?), Apke, X safety (Harris?), Collins, and Reuben Foster or Shaun Dion Hamilton as the seventh man.  In dime you might swap out Foster/SDH for a fourth corner.  That puts Landon in the middle of the field instead of in a deep shell or an overhang role.  I got the idea from watching a video of Malcolm Jenkins talking about how they used him in Cover 2 defense against long leverage shotgun 2x2 against the Giants.  He was responsible for covering the seams in the zone and he baited Eli into throwing the left middle seam and got an interception off of it.  I thought to myself, Landon would be really well-suited to this role.  It's a good way to get Holcomb off the field on passing downs and get some playmaking out of the defense without being too aggressive and giving up deep shots.

In that situation, the threat of the run would be minimal.  But if they ran, it's Cover 2 so you have an 8 or 9 man front depending on the depth of Landon's drop.  We should be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about playing Collins at MIKE in nickel and dime groups, mostly to run Tampa 2.  Imagine a personnel group where the back 7 is Dunbar, Moreland, X corner on the outside (Moreau?), Apke, X safety (Harris?), Collins, and Reuben Foster or Shaun Dion Hamilton as the seventh man.  In dime you might swap out Foster/SDH for a fourth corner.  That puts Landon in the middle of the field instead of in a deep shell or an overhang role.  I got the idea from watching a video of Malcolm Jenkins talking about how they used him in Cover 2 defense against long leverage shotgun 2x2 against the Giants.  He was responsible for covering the seams in the zone and he baited Eli into throwing the left middle seam and got an interception off of it.  I thought to myself, Landon would be really well-suited to this role.  It's a good way to get Holcomb off the field on passing downs and get some playmaking out of the defense without being too aggressive and giving up deep shots

I love this post and concept. And I totally don’t trust our DB’s. We have GOT to upgrade here. I wish this were a better DB draft. 

What do you think of Kyle Duggar?

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I totally want a FB. I am a HUGE believer in needing that position. Especially if your OL is as questionable as Washington's. 

Agree. Why they keep trying to go single back and block with TE's that suck at blocking is beyond me.

Get a big bruiser fullback and keep Hentges on as your blocking TE and you've got a far more effective combo than Sprinkle/Hentges or Sprinkle/Reed/Davis

Remember the Mike Sellers days? He was a very handy guy to have blocking for CP, and same with DY as the lead blocker for Morris in his heyday.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

So they're worried about Stafford's health issues but NOT worried about Tua's?  :ols:

If they really want a QB maybe it's more likely they'd be in play for a trade back and then taking Herbert as opposed to trading up for Tua. 

Trading back may be an option, either a trade up or down likely benefits the skins if things fall right.

But to address your point, they have to balance Tua's health issues with the fact that he is a dynamic qb, and a likely #1 overall pick in most drafts, and it ain't even close.

When the guy who could lead your franchise for the next decade is there for the taking.. do you NOT make a move to secure him?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I love this post and concept. And I totally don’t trust our DB’s. We have GOT to upgrade here. I wish this were a better DB draft. 

I know you weren’t asking me, but the problem I have in really evaluating a guy like Dugger (besides the major issue of finding a sufficient amount decent quality film), is that there’s a lot of projection involved.  Kyle Dugger, the athlete, is special, but it’s so hard for us, as fans, to get a real sense for a player’s mental makeup.  
How much film work do they put in?  More importantly, are they good at watching film?  Can they retain info?  Are they interested in learning what an offense is trying to do to get a bigger picture?  How coachable are they?

JMO, but it makes the range I’d be comfortable taking him anywhere from 1st, to a later round flyer, depending on the answers to those questions.

Broader strokes, I’m looking harder at guys that are film junkies rather than gym rats, but special athleticism is hard to pass up.  

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Talk of the Lions drafting Tua at #3 is getting louder....now Mel Kiper is saying that "if Tua is healthy, the Lions may very well select him at #3". 

These kinds of rumors make the Skins pick even more desirable if others want Tua (Miami?)

Hold on to your helmets.....

The real ideal move here is to leverage this into real Miami interest which you then leverage into a small move up by the Lions from 3 to 2, like the Bears did for Trubisky. You do it with 30 seconds left on the clock if you feel sure the Lions really want Tua, not enough time for Miami to get desperate and overwhelm them for the pick or some wild scenario. Then you have extra picks and Young at #3. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Trading back may be an option, either a trade up or down likely benefits the skins if things fall right.

But to address your point, they have to balance Tua's health issues with the fact that he is a dynamic qb, and a likely #1 overall pick in most drafts, and it ain't even close.

When the guy who could lead your franchise for the next decade is there for the taking.. do you NOT make a move to secure him?

Tua WAS a dynamic QB and a likely #1 overall pick in most drafts. That being said, even if he were healthy "and it ain't even close" isn't true...even before his crazy play in the playoffs and championship game, Burrow was having a better year than Tua and had played against and beaten better teams/defenses. I think there would be a good chance that Burrow would still be taken #1 overall if Tua hadn't had his injury.

That being said, as I mentioned, Tua WAS a dynamic QB before his injury. That was a huge injury and one that could affect his mobility and play making prowess, which was a big part of what made him so good. Just because he'll likely heal fully from his injury doesn't necessarily mean he'll still be the same guy on the football field. He still may end up being that same guy, but he may not. There's almost no way to know. So any team pulling the trigger on him high is going to deal with the possibility that they may not be getting the guy that they watched in college. 

might make a move to secure him but then not only would you be using a high pick on a QB with major injury question marks, but you'd be giving up other high draft picks in order to move up to get him. That's basically a GM/HC putting his career on the line. 

41 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I agree.  I think it's a decent DB class, but not a great one.  And if we take a BPA approach, I think we're more likely to find BPAs on the offensive side at positions like OL, RB, and WR with our picks on day 2 and early day 3.

That's why I've been looking at the FA class more than I typically have in the past.  Feels like opportunity meets need there, and I'm becoming very enthusiastic about the notion of signing Anthony Harris in particular.  I've been looking at this snap count chart of San Francisco's defense and it was surprising to me that five of their top eight guys were safety/overhang types.  Three safety rotations where your third guy gets 500-600 snaps is not uncommon, plus that overhang defender who plays a lot of safety-type coverages and blitzes is getting 600+ snaps too.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/snap-counts?team=SF&week=ALL&position=DB&year=2019&op=Submit&form_build_id=form-czx_Mxz1vSLILleRnpPy5NjJPyQk-qm2wpdKVlH0mk8&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

I had previously been placing a relatively low value on safeties, mainly guys who spent most of their time in deep shells, because I thought their drops were to deep for them to get involved in enough plays to justify high draft pick/dollar commitments.  But the truth is that these roles are much more fluid and multiple than I had realized.  Realistically,  a modern DB is going to play a hybrid role in a great secondary.  I don't know if you can just be a traditional man cover corner or just be a traditional safety any more.  Corners will be playing both man and zone and they will need to be able to play deep zone at times depending on the situation.  And they will need to be able to force runs too.  And realistically, safeties will spend a fair amount of a game in man coverage on receivers.  And if you're a box safety, I think you're still going to draw deep shells and you're also probably going to have to play some linebacker on passing downs.  Versatility in all of your defensive backs is really the only solution available to a defense to disguise it's coverages against an elite motion-heavy offense.

I haven't watched Dugger yet, but I'll get around to him soon I think.  I'm working through some of the safeties.  I loved what I saw from Antoine Winfield and PFF loved him too, he was their All American selection.  I really liked Xavier McKinney too, but expect him to be long gone before we pick again after 2.  And I've liked pretty much everything i've seen from the Utah secondary players.  I was able to follow them pretty well this season and see five or six of their games.  Blackmon and Johnson were the stars of the group, but the 3rd-6th guys were future NFL players too.  It's such a shame that they lost to Oregon in the Pac-12 championship game, I would have much rather seen that secondary go up against LSU's passing game than Oklahoma's dead dog group.  I also wish all of them had played in their bowl game, that was a pretty big let down to see the unit get torched by Texas.  They were missing three of their best guys.

• Like 2

So they're worried about Stafford's health issues but NOT worried about Tua's?  :ols:

If they really want a QB maybe it's more likely they'd be in play for a trade back and then taking Herbert as opposed to trading up for Tua. 

That's my guess. Makes way more sense. Giants behind them too, so it's safe. Only real concern is if San Diego, Carolina or a few others want to get ahead of them.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about playing Collins at MIKE in nickel and dime groups, mostly to run Tampa 2. 

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I meant in my posts as well.  It's a role I think he would thrive in.

When you referred to him as the MIKE, I automatically assumed you were talking about him as the MLB in our base 4-3 formation.  But now I see you meant as a Nickel or Dime MIKE LB, which I 100% agree with.

I think where we might differ is that I would give him a try at WILL in our base 4-3 packages as well.  Though it would depend on the talent we can get at safety via FA.

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Tua WAS a dynamic QB and a likely #1 overall pick in most drafts. That being said, even if he were healthy "and it ain't even close" isn't true...even before his crazy play in the playoffs and championship game, Burrow was having a better year than Tua and had played against and beaten better teams/defenses. I think there would be a good chance that Burrow would still be taken #1 overall if Tua hadn't had his injury.

That being said, as I mentioned, Tua WAS a dynamic QB before his injury. That was a huge injury and one that could affect his mobility and play making prowess, which was a big part of what made him so good. Just because he'll likely heal fully from his injury doesn't necessarily mean he'll still be the same guy on the football field. He still may end up being that same guy, but he may not. There's almost no way to know. So any team pulling the trigger on him high is going to deal with the possibility that they may not be getting the guy that they watched in college. 

might make a move to secure him but then not only would you be using a high pick on a QB with major injury question marks, but you'd be giving up other high draft picks in order to move up to get him. That's basically a GM/HC putting his career on the line. 

That's why I said IN MOST YEARS he would be a #1 overall. Burrow obviously is this year even if Tua was healthy.

The GM and HC are both on the hotseat this year anyway.  This could be a last gasp desperate attempt to hold their jobs for another year, doing things "their way"

who knows.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

54 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Supposedly Detroit was looking hard at QB high in the draft last at last years draft too but didn't pull the trigger? Maybe Tua isn't the QB they'd want, guess we'll see after the combine and pro days.....Maybe Tua rates out higher than Mayfield and Kyler Murray, both of whom went #1 overall and they feel like they have to take him? I can easily see that scenario, especially if Tua is given a clean bill of health. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Supposedly Detroit was looking hard at QB high in the draft last at last years draft too but didn't pull the trigger? Maybe Tua isn't the QB they'd want, guess we'll see after the combine and pro days.....Maybe Tua rates out higher than Mayfield and Kyler Murray, both of whom went #1 overall and they feel like they have to take him? I can easily see that scenario, especially if Tua is given a clean bill of health. 

I doubt Tua is going to be able to participate in the combine. Depending on his recovery time he might be able to have a pro day. A restricted one would be my guess, if any. Neither Mayfield nor Murray had just come off of a devastating season ending injury. 

Again, after an injury like that a "clean bill of health" doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the same player he was. Alex Smith will eventually get a "clean bill of health" this season...does that make it likely that he'll be able to play at the same level?

I suppose I could potentially see Detroit taking Tua at 3 and then sitting him for a year behind Stafford. But holy crap, their defense has more holes than a cheese grater. Worst defense in the NFL against the pass and bottom 10 against the run. No pass rush to speak of, **** secondary, mediocre LBs. QB is probably the position of least need for them unless for some reason Stafford has a huge setback. But from what I've read he's recovering pretty well and is mostly healed at this point. 

Here are the big movers in PFF's big board post Senior Bowl:

2020 NFL Draft: PFF Top 100 Big Board Post Senior Bowl

16. T JOSH JONES, HOUSTON

January 20, 2020 Rank: 18th

Jones was quite clearly the best offensive tackle in attendance at the Senior Bowl. He finished the week winning over half of his reps in the one-on-ones and had the highest win rate of any offensive tackle in attendance. For a supposed project, Jones is already very advanced.

37. WR DENZEL MIMS, BAYLOR

January 20, 2020 Rank: 71st

No player moved up the PFF draft board more at the Senior Bowl than Mims. In a loaded receiver group, Mims was quite clearly the most explosive. Showing he could maintain that explosiveness and separation on the full route tree was massive for him.

41. DI MARLON DAVIDSON, AUBURN

January 20, 2020 Rank: 76th

We were hesitant on Davidson heading into the Senior Bowl, as he looked like a tweener on tape. Well he showed up at 297 in Mobile after playing at 280 for Auburn and proved he could be a full-time 3-tech in the NFL. Davidson was the most impressive lineman in attendance after Javon Kinlaw.

56. LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER, APPALACHIAN STATE

January 20, 2020 Rank: 61st

58. EDGE JOSH UCHE, MICHIGAN

January 20, 2020 Rank: 63rd

63. G DAMIEN LEWIS, LSU

January 20, 2020 Rank: 87th

71. C NICK HARRIS, WASHINGTON

January 20, 2020 Rank: 46th

73. CB TROY PRIDE JR., NOTRE DAME

January 20, 2020 Rank: 90th

77. G LOGAN STENBERG, KENTUCKY

January 20, 2020 Rank: 57th

80. WR K.J. HILL, OHIO STATE

January 20, 2020 Rank: —

86. TE ADAM TRAUTMAN, DAYTON

87. C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY, LSA

96. DI DAVON HAMILTON, OHIO STATE

• Like 1

Anybody got an opinion on AJ Terrell, CB from Clemson?

Him and sometimes Jaylon Johnson and Damon Arnette are the only CB's I see with value left at Pick 66 when simulating on Fanspeak.

Judging by things at this stage, it looks like TE, WR, and maybe OT/G are our best bets at that pick for top draft value. Of course it's still early, but it's fun to think about.

I doubt Tua is going to be able to participate in the combine. Depending on his recovery time he might be able to have a pro day. A restricted one would be my guess, if any. Neither Mayfield nor Murray had just come off of a devastating season ending injury. 

Again, after an injury like that a "clean bill of health" doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the same player he was. Alex Smith will eventually get a "clean bill of health" this season...does that make it likely that he'll be able to play at the same level?

I suppose I could potentially see Detroit taking Tua at 3 and then sitting him for a year behind Stafford. But holy crap, their defense has more holes than a cheese grater. Worst defense in the NFL against the pass and bottom 10 against the run. No pass rush to speak of, **** secondary, mediocre LBs. QB is probably the position of least need for them unless for some reason Stafford has a huge setback. But from what I've read he's recovering pretty well and is mostly healed at this point. 

I agree, but 11 years with Stafford may be enough for them? They literally haven't sniffed being a really good team in some time now. I keep going back to the theory of getting the franchise QB when you're picking high enough to get one cause you might not get the chance again for several years. I think we are all just speculating on Tua until more info comes out on his health but wasn't he the top rated pro QB going into this season? If he's good to go he's gonna have several teams interested in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Him and sometimes Jaylon Johnson and Damon Arnette are the only CB's I see with value left at Pick 66 when simulating on Fanspeak.

Judging by things at this stage, it looks like TE, WR, and maybe OT/G are our best bets at that pick for top draft value. Of course it's still early, but it's fun to think about.

He got abused over and over again by LSU. The identified him as their fish and kept going at him. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree, but 11 years with Stafford may be enough for them? They literally haven't sniffed being a really good team in some time now. I keep going back to the theory of getting the franchise QB when you're picking high enough to get one cause you might not get the chance again for several years. I think we are all just speculating on Tua until more info comes out on his health but wasn't he the top rated pro QB going into this season? If he's good to go he's gonna have several teams interested in my opinion.

He was the top rated going into the season. But Burrow surpassed him. Even if Tua had been healthy all year, Burrow would have won the Heisman and probably be the #1 overall pick. And regardless of the years they've had Stafford, he's still 31. It's not like he's pushing 40 or something. He's a very talented QB on a ****ty team with absolutely no defense to speak of. Before he had to stop playing he was putting up MVP caliber numbers in 2019. 

Giving up on him to draft Tua, or even move UP to draft Tua, would be nutty IMO. All indications are that Stafford's injury is healing well. He's also apparently likely had it since the season before but was playing through some pain, so it isn't like this is something that afterwards he won't be able to play because of. Tua is a complete unknown. Even if he gets medically cleared there's absolutely no way of knowing if he'll ever truly be the same guy. 

I think Tua will have several teams interested...just not way up high and not to give up an arm and a leg to trade up for. I think teams are going to be far more concerned about his injury and injury history than most here realize. Hell, it's completely possible that Miami has him on their board as a guy they'll take a chance on at 18 and not at 5. We have no way of knowing. Either way, the Lions have so many glaring holes that the only way I could see them going QB is if they had a shot at an honest to god can't miss QB prospect. Which they don't. Tua can absolutely be a big miss.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He got abused over and over again by LSU. The identified him as their fish and kept going at him. 

Yup, I just watched Ja’Marr Chase bully the **** out of him in that LSU game. He was doing ok at first but things changed once Edwards Helaire trucked him and Chase started putting his hands on him. 

He’s actually got great speed and mirrors very well, but he gets pushed around too easily and needs to get much stronger and probably lacks the dog/edge character we need. 

That was a tough game for him, but I gotta watch more before I jump to conclusions about who he might be. But, right now CB does not look good for our pick in the 3rd.

Edited by Fresh8686
1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

He's a good man cover corner.  I think he's a legit 6'2 and the arms are very very long.  He's a press and press bail specialist who really shines rerouting smaller receivers on their underneath stuff.  Very disruptive.  And he's good when he can hold inside leverage on deep one on one coverage and just kind of keep that long arm on you, controlling you just enough without having to hang in your pocket and potentially get flagged.  In a defense that is generating a lot of pressure from the line, he's pretty awesome.  Can really take away the quick stuff.  But when it's Joe Burrow and JaMar Chase getting all day to fool you and run by you, it's tough.  I think the key-reading skills and step economy on the inside-breaking routes haven't caught up with the physical talent and the ability to just hang in press man on the outside.  And his zone skills are pretty much a question mark.  And he's not the type of blue-blood corner who is going to turn the ball over from man like Stingley.  But he's good and has a place in a good NFL secondary.  Wanted to say that I think his run support is fine.  He's willing and has the length to control and get off his blocks.

One of the really nice things about this DB class is that guys built like Terrell are in abundance, and that we can potentially get a long armed 6'2 press corner like him in the third round.  That's unusual.  Jaylon Johnson is better than him, I am pretty confident of that.  I think he is really really good.  And Arnette is probably better than him too, but not by as big a margin.  There will be some schemes where Terrell is preferable to Arnette because of his size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Late round type, I got to look into

. QB JOE BURROW, LSU

January 20, 2020 Rank: 1st

Burrow's 2019 season earned the single best overall grade we've ever given to a quarterback. I'm not even sure the grades do him justice at this point, as he put it up against arguably the toughest slate of defenses any quarterback in the country had to face.

2.  EDGE CHASE YOUNG, OHIO STATE

January 20, 2020 Rank: 2nd

Young is the top non-QB and that isn't changing any time soon. He shattered the PFF single-season pass-rushing record despite opposing teams game-planning for him. 

3. QB TUA TAGOVAILOA*, ALABAMA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 3rd

The asterisk will stay next to Tagovailoa's name until we know he's been given a clean bill of health. However, we'll stick with the on-field eval for Tagovailoa in the meantime, as the tape shows a true franchise QB prospect.

4. CB JEFFREY OKUDAH, OHIO STATE

January 20, 2020 Rank: 4th

Okudah ticks the boxes for size (6-foot-1, 200 pounds), length, athleticism and production. He allowed a passer rating of 45.3 on throws into his coverage last season.

5. WR CEEDEE LAMB, OKLAHOMA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 5th

Lamb took the reins of the top WR position in Oklahoma this year and didn't disappoint. He was on another level after the catch where he broke 26 tackles on only 62 catches.

6. WR JERRY JEUDY, ALABAMA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 6th

Jeudy lulled everyone to sleep with a ho-hum regular season then reminded everyone how special he is in Alabama's bowl win over Michigan. He went for 200-plus yards in that game and showed his freakish blend of speed and route running.

7. LB ISAIAH SIMMONS, CLEMSON

January 20, 2020 Rank: 7th

It's cliché to say a player can “do it all,” but Simmons quite literally did it all for the Clemson defense throughout his career. Simmons earned a career coverage grade of 93.0, despite lining up everywhere over the middle of the field.

8. T ANDREW THOMAS, GEORGIA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 8th

Thomas is the rare college offensive lineman who stepped onto the field as a true freshman and played high-level football. He earned a 76.7 pass-blocking grade that season and has seen his grade improve every year since.

9. T JEDRICK WILLS JR., ALABAMA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 9th

It's difficult to talk about Wills without gushing over how explosive he is. In a tackle class full of freak athletes, he may be the freakiest. His 12 big-time blocks in the run game this year were the most of any tackle in the class.

10. CB KRISTIAN FULTON, LSU

January 20, 2020 Rank: 10th

Fulton has been the highest-graded cornerback in SEC play in each of the past two seasons. I don't care if he doesn't have the freakiest tools, you can't fake production like that in the best college football conference.

11. DI DERRICK BROWN, AUBURN

January 20, 2020 Rank: 11th

College football players are not supposed to be as strong as Brown. I've never seen someone lift so many opposing offensive linemen up in the air in my life. He put it all together as a pass-rusher this season and earned a 90.4 grade in that regard.

12. DI JAVON KINLAW, SOUTH CAROLINA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 12th

Kinlaw only cemented our belief that he is one of the top prospects in the draft in his day and a half at the Senior Bowl. He had the single most impressive pass-rushing rep of the week when he treated Clemson guard John Simpson like a speed bump on day one.

13. T TRISTAN WIRFS, IOWA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 13th

Wirfs quietly took his game to another level this season and even improved as the season went along. He allowed only one pressure over his final seven games.

14. EDGE A.J. EPENESA, IOWA

January 20, 2020 Rank: 14th

Epenesa dominated college football from the time he stepped foot on the field as a freshman. His 91.5 career pass-rushing grade is one of the highest of any edge prospect in the class.

15. WR LAVISKA SHENAULT, COLORADO

January 20, 2020 Rank: 15th

Shenault's combination of size, explosiveness and after-the-catch ability is unrivaled in the class. He's not a polished product by any means, but he's got special tools that you can't teach.

16. T JOSH JONES, HOUSTON

January 20, 2020 Rank: 18th

Jones was quite clearly the best offensive tackle in attendance at the Senior Bowl. He finished the week winning over half of his reps in the one-on-ones and had the highest win rate of any offensive tackle in attendance. For a supposed project, Jones is already very advanced.

17. EDGE CURTIS WEAVER, BOISE STATE

• Like 1

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/amos-morale-iii/lsus-lloyd-cushenberry-impresses-at-senior-bowl

I’m really liking Lloyd Cushenberry. Didn’t realize he was voted by the South team as the best OL during the week of practice. I’d love to see us grab him. I think one of the best ways we could help our defense is with a competent offense. Cushenberry, Flowers, Martin, Scherff and Roullier would be a great set of interior OL. If Trent comes back, we could be super solid in the middle and to the left. Would love to see Morgan Moses get replaced as a starter. 

I can’t find the link, but I think the hoard is right that the professed love for our linebackers is coach speak. It looks like in mobile, we interviewed 3 LB’s, 2 OL and 1 WR. Please correct me if those numbers are off. In any case, it does appear that we are focused to some degree on upgrading the LB position in the draft.