Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@50yrSKINSfan @PartyPosse

You both mention depth (or avoiding weaknesses), but depth means little if your roster can’t even realistically compete for a Super Bowl appearance when fully healthy. Building depth is much easier than acquiring perennial All Pros. When is the last time we had a first-team All Pro on this roster? The teams @PartyPosse mentioned (Baltimore, Saints, KC) all have multiple All Pros on their roster. That is what allows you to compete with the big boys. Otherwise, we’ll just field a team of B and C-level players and never accomplish anything meaningful.  The league is already full of those teams. 

When ens you have a chance to draft a potential perennial All Pro, you take it and don’t look back. 

How many all pros on defense? Dion Jordan?

It would be unprofessional of the Redskins to not consider trade offers.  So, the question should be:  How much is enough to trade for a team to get the #2 pick?

Is a top ten pick in the first, a top ten pick in the 2nd and a first-round pick next year enough?  How about 2 first-rounders and a 3rd this year and first next year?  

Even for the people who want CY, there must be some amount of picks that would sway you into making a trade.  Which teams have enough ammo to tempt our new coaches?

I think we should keep CY, but if we don't please get a starting CB and a staring LT.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

On playoff teams?

No. You mentioned those three teams having multiple all pros. I’m just wondering how many were on the defense. 

For the record. I’m merely playing devil’s advocate. I am fine with us drafting Chase. I can see the arguments for both sides though. Hindsight will always be 20/20 

1 minute ago, ILikeBilly said:

It would be unprofessional of the Redskins to not consider trade offers.  So, the question should be:  How much is enough to trade for a team to get the #2 pick?

Is a top ten pick in the first, a top ten pick in the 2nd and a first-round pick next year enough?  How about 2 first-rounders and a 3rd this year and first next year?  

Even for the people who want CY, there must be some amount of picks that would sway you into making a trade.  Which teams have enough ammo to tempt our new coaches?

I think we should keep CY, but if we don't please get a starting CB and a staring LT.

IF the Redskins decide to trade down...(crazy scenario)

The Lions (Quinn & Patricia) are on notice to win this year.  Edge is a huge need.  I'd ask for a minimum of their 2nd rounder and a 2021 1st to swap down.  I assume that Miami & the Chargers both want QBs.  To get to 3, I'd want the Houston 1st rounder (currently slotted to be #25) to drop to 5.

We'd end up with the #25, #35, and 2021 Lions 1st to move down to 5.

Hypothetically, the draft goes:

1)  Cin-Burrow

2)  Det (from WAS)-Young

3)  Miami (from WAS via Det)-Tua

4)  NYG-Jeudy

5)  WAS (from Miami)-Ogedah

I'd take best o-lineman available at #25, probably a WR at #35, and go from there.

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

"Boatload" refers to an extra pick in that paragraph. If its not a QB its not going to be a boatload

If Tua hadn't gotten hurt....man we would be in hog heaven with opportunity

You are right. Redskin luck. I thought he was going to be Ok with the operation he had. Is he going to go back to school or is he eligible for the draft?

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

You are right. Redskin luck. I thought he was going to be Ok with the operation he had. Is he going to go back to school or is he eligible for the draft?

honestly I have no idea. last I heard anything about him, guys were saying someone would value snag him late in the first

To trade off #2 and pass on Chase Young is want a #5, #36 and a 2021 1st from Miami. Same if from San Diego. If Carolina at 8 I’d want 1-2-3 and a 2021 1st. 

I think Trent and Scherff come back. I think James Bradberry just became a lock as our top CB FA signing (even if we keep Norman). 

If we also get hooper and Nfakue then sure let’s trade back and take Jeudy or Simmons. That would be a no brainer.

but if we do the above and don’t get Ngakue in FA we really don’t have that many holes. And Young would be the no brainer pick 

lolol you guys would make terrible negotiators, not asking anywhere near enough for #2. Look at what we gave up for RG3, THAT'S what it should take. If nobody offers that then fine, we get the best defensive prospect the league has seen in a generation.

If the Dolphins call, I'd want nothing short of all three of their 1sts this year. Even then I'm not sure I'd take it.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol you guys would make terrible negotiators, not asking anywhere near enough for #2. Look at what we gave up for RG3, THAT'S what it should take. If nobody offers that then fine, we get the best defensive prospect the league has seen in a generation.

If the Dolphins call, I'd want nothing short of all three of their 1sts this year. Even then I'm not sure I'd take it.

Exactly what I'm saying I would take nothing less than the 5th 18th and a 2nd round pic and the Dolphins 1st in 2021 in a trade

6 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

Exactly what I'm saying I would take nothing less than the 5th 18th and a 2nd round pic and the Dolphins 1st in 2021 in a trade

The Dolphins actually have three 1sts this year. Their own, the Texans(Tunsil trade), and the Steelers(Fitzpatrick trade).

If they offered all three plus maybe a 2nd as well, that MIGHT be enough for me to want to trade down.

46 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think Trent and Scherff come back. I think James Bradberry just became a lock as our top CB FA signing (even if we keep Norman). 

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina franchises bradberry.   He is a top free agent at a premier position, and in his prime.

If he does hit the market, the skins should definitely be in the mix.  I hope they look into tre Boston at FS as well.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Dolphins actually have three 1sts this year. Their own, the Texans(Tunsil trade), and the Steelers(Fitzpatrick trade).

If they offered all three plus maybe a 2nd as well, that MIGHT be enough for me to want to trade down.

I know but the Texans pick will be in the 20s a bit to low for me,  I would rather gamble on the Dolphins having another down year in 2021

The most I think we can get for #2 is a second first round pick and a mid-rounder like a third.  Tua's health situation will keep a team from giving up a ton in trade to get him as no one will want to go that far out on a limb for a player with his injury history.

Everyone in the world is saying that you can basically lock in Joe Burrow to Cincy at #1.  That's a done deal.  There just isn't going to be enough value in a trade down to make it worth it to pass on Chase Young.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The most I think we can get for #2 is a second first round pick and a mid-rounder like a third.  Tua's health situation will keep a team from giving up a ton in trade to get him as no one will want to go that far out on a limb for a player with his injury history.

Everyone in the world is saying that you can basically lock in Joe Burrow to Cincy at #1.  That's a done deal.  There just isn't going to be enough value in a trade down to make it worth it to pass on Chase Young.

I am guessing the same.  Only chance maybe is something like Miami and SD both get hot for Tua and the Redskins say their pick is up for sale.  But to your point if they aren't infatuated with Tua because of injury concerns they wouldn't pay the farm.

If I were Miami, I'd trade down some and assemble even more 2021 draft capital to try to set up for a monster trade for Lawrence if need be. 

Archived