Week 14 

Dolphins/Jets

Week 15

Giants/Dolphins

Week 16

Bengals/Dolphins

Giants/Redskins

Lions/Broncos

Also, i'd be concerned with Atlanta losing out the rest of the way. Their schedule is brutal.

And Maybe week 17 Cleveland at Cincy.

Rivalry game, plus Dalton may have something still to prove.

Does anyone have an estimate on how many comp picks we are picking up? I believe the only guy that hurts us in the formula are Collins and Flowers. Everyone else we picked up was a released player or someone signed late in FA.

Given the size of Preston’s and Crowder’s contracts, I think we are due a couple mid round comp picks (Collins offsets one of these). Probably another one for Nsekhe and Flowers offsets HaHa. 

We will need these given no second round pick this year

1 hour ago, method man said:

Does anyone have an estimate on how many comp picks we are picking up? I believe the only guy that hurts us in the formula are Collins and Flowers. Everyone else we picked up was a released player or someone signed late in FA.

Given the size of Preston’s and Crowder’s contracts, I think we are due a couple mid round comp picks (Collins offsets one of these). Probably another one for Nsekhe and Flowers offsets HaHa. 

We will need these given no second round pick this year

I think we likely get a 4th and 7th if I recall

Epenesa is starting to grow on me.    I don't like him nearly as much as Young.  He looks a bit stiff at times and plays high-upright where it doesn't look like he has a lot of bend or turn the corner type speed.  But the dude has a relentless motor, looks like he has strong hands, can bull rush, an ok spin move, stop the run.  They use him inside and out.  Looks like a good Left DE more so than a 3-4 type but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a good pro. 

11 hours ago, Skinsota said:

We probably will stay in the 4 spot for another week.

Not quite.  We’re now in the #3 spot, with Dallas’ loss on Thanksgiving pushing our SOS down below the Dolphins. It doesn’t help us much in the Chase for Young, since the Giants are still ahead of us, but we can be the masters of our own fate there with a loss against them. 

21 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Man Chase Young has been absolutely invisible today. The Michigan tackles have done an awesome job so far.

Michigan has been sliding their line towards him and he has made no adjustment.  Not strong enough to bull rush tackle, can't seperate and the edge.  Surely doesn't look like the #1 or #2 guy today.  

Cool someone used the same analogy I did of Simmons with Derwin.  I haven't seen it elsewhere but maybe I missed it.  They seem like similar jack of all trades type of players.  An underrated part of James game is he can pass rush -- unusual for a safety.  Simmons ditto.  

Dobbins is a fun watch, IMO he's going to be a good pro. 

The story of this Ohio State game will be about Dobbins and Fields but it should really be about there offensive line. You never see anyone projected in the first 2 rounds for their line. Every time you see a run or a highlight it’s wide open running room. Number 73 Jackson is for sure a plug and play. The first offensive play he had a seal block that dobbins had enough room to fumble, pick it up and run for 30 yards.

18 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'm all in for Jerry Jeudy.  You put him on one side with McLaurin on the other, Steve Sims in the slot and IF we can get a decent tight end, That's a dangerous receiver core. Of course this is assuming that Haskins steps up his game and can get them the ball. 

Jeudy if we miss out on Young would certainly make our wr core a huge threat. Jeudy/McLaurin/Sims would possibly rival Kansas City with the fastest receiver sets in the league, and teams would have to game plan around them. Speed kills, and it’s what led to 50 tds at Ohio State. I would be fine with that, as I’m one of the few here that think Haskins will look light years better next year provided we tailor the offense around an air raid style scheme, rather than ball control runs up the gut behind a poor run blocking line.  

Though, it’s a huge risk to take on a skill position when the draft is pretty deep at the wr position. 

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I would be fine with that, as I’m one of the few here that think Haskins will look light years better next year provided we tailor the offense around an air raid style scheme, rather than ball control runs up the gut behind a poor run blocking line.  

Can't emphasize this enough.

Scary Terry has proven you can find WRs at any point in the draft (ditto to a much lesser extent in Harmon and Simms).  If Burrow, Young, and Tua (I'd still take him) were off the board and we can't trade down, I'm taking Okadah.

4 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

The story of this Ohio State game will be about Dobbins and Fields but it should really be about there offensive line. You never see anyone projected in the first 2 rounds for their line. Every time you see a run or a highlight it’s wide open running room. Number 73 Jackson is for sure a plug and play. The first offensive play he had a seal block that dobbins had enough room to fumble, pick it up and run for 30 yards.

Actually the story of the Michigan/Ohio game is how poorly Harbaugh had his team ready for the 4th year in a row. Ohio didn't make a mistake. Meanwhile Michigan:

Took an unsportsmanlike for taking off a player's shoe

Fumbled a snap in the red zone

Went offside on a punt and gave a first down

Repeatedly ran into each other in the defensive backfield

Took a late hit penalty with Fields 4 yards out of bounds

Accidentally kicked a dying ball giving Ohio a touchback instead of the ball on the 2 yard line.

1 hour ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'm all in for Jerry Jeudy.  You put him on one side with McLaurin on the other, Steve Sims in the slot and IF we can get a decent tight end, That's a dangerous receiver core. Of course this is assuming that Haskins steps up his game and can get them the ball. 

Rather get Devonte Smith in the second than Jeudy in the first.

I like Jeudy but I also like a bunch of other WRs in this draft. I think Lamb is just as good or close enough to Jeudy.  

If they aren’t in position to get Chase Young I’d try to trade down.

I wonder what the Alabama WRs end up running in the 40.  I saw some projecting Ruggs will run 4.3, Jeudy 4.45, not sure about Smith.

As I’ve said many times, IMO Devonta Smith isn’t that far from Jeudy. I’d bet their speed is close. Jeudy looks more explosive. Smith is a similar YAC guy and might have better hands.

Andrew Thomas is going to be the pick IMO.  Make your peace with that.  I want a trade down but I don't see that as being realistic in the wake of Tua's injury.

Thomas fits the Redskins MO.  The kid is a great talent but lacks that spark of greatness.  I'd like to keep Callahan if possible, because he is such a great teacher.  If anyone can get a player like Thomas to reach his potential, its him.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Jeudy but I also like a bunch of other WRs in this draft. I think Lamb is just as good or close enough to Jeudy.  

As I’ve said many times, IMO Devonta Smith isn’t that far from Jeudy. I’d bet their speed is close. Jeudy looks more explosive. Smith is a similar YAC guy and might have better hands.

Ceedee Lamb and Jeudy will both be top 10 prospects. But I Would take Jerry over Ceedee without hesitation. He’s the best route running wr the past 3 years, and it’s not even close. He’s also faster and shows up against elite competition. Speed kills. Elite route running is the difference between good and game changing. Mclaurin was one of the best route runners coming out of college last year, and he is routinely winning his matchups against the best with that skill set in the NFL. 

Lamb has more highlight reel one handed catches, looks to have better hands, and is a better jump ball threat; that much is certain. But in the nfl, speed + route running is the the defining difference maker. Pairing Haskins with two of the best route runners in the game that also have 4.4 speed would change our offense over night. 

Jeudy has his men beat here in a second. Just a filthy jump cut. 

Go to 2:50 and watch the double move for the 62-yd bomb. You can’t teach that route. 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Andrew Thomas is going to be the pick IMO.  Make your peace with that.  I want a trade down but I don't see that as being realistic in the wake of Tua's injury.

Thomas fits the Redskins MO.  The kid is a great talent but lacks that spark of greatness.  I'd like to keep Callahan if possible, because he is such a great teacher.  If anyone can get a player like Thomas to reach his potential, its him.

Our line behind Callahan has been awful and I don’t understand why he gets a pass. The run game is non-existent. If we even get close to a 10 yard run, the likelihood of a hold is like 90% at this point. His line has sent multiple quarterbacks to the IR and opened very few holes in the run game. He should be gone imo. 

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Our line behind Callahan has been awful and I don’t understand why he gets a pass. The run game is non-existent. If we even get close to a 10 yard run, the likelihood of a hold is like 90% at this point. His line has sent multiple quarterbacks to the IR and opened very few holes in the run game. He should be gone imo. 

Gruden's inability to scheme and call a good run game isn't on Callahan.  Even still, a broke down Adrian Peterson who couldn't get on the field for the Saints ran for a thousand yards for us last year.  Cousins played behind some OLs that were legitimately excellent despite only having two premium players.  And this year's line has been straight up chicken salad out of chicken ****.  Erik Flowers is a trash player.  Donald Penn was out of the league, unplayable for most after the way he looked in Oakland.  Moses is a shell of the player he used to be.  Christian was an utterly raw piece of clay.  Roullier was a sixth round nobody from a marginal school.  Scherff was out only player anyone else would want this year.  Crafting that group of rejects into a functional NFL OL was a masterpiece of coaching.  Callahan is a great OL coach.

9 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Ceedee Lamb and Jeudy will both be top 10 prospects. But I Would take Jerry over Ceedee without hesitation. He’s the best route running wr the past 3 years, and it’s not even close. He’s also faster and shows up against elite competition. Speed kills.

I am torn as to Jeudy and Lamb to me its super close.   I'll make up my mind after the season when I have time to just watch the receivers exclusively.  Right now I've just watched a bunch of Oklahoma and Alabama games both on TV and in person and casually noticed who jumps out for me.    But I'll do my full gear draft analysis stuff later so I reserve my chance to change my mind.

When I watch Lamb he's every bit as explosive with his ball in his hands as Jeudy, if anything more so this year than Jeudy, he's made some crazy highlight type of plays some of which I've posted here. From what I've seen watching casually Lamb has more reliable hands, too. He makes some crazy catches.  Jeudy hands look far from sticky, he has his share of drops.   Among the Alabama receivers to me Jeudy isn't the acrobatic catch guy but that would be Smith.  Jeudy though does a good job getting open and is explosive in the open field.  The idea that he's some crazy speed burner though, I wonder.  If we are talking about Ruggs, I agree.  Jeudy looks to have good speed but I don't think its like McLaurin in the 4.3's.  But will see.  The 40 time is equally important for Lamb because if he runs a pedestrian 40, I think it will effect his stock.  If Lamb's 40 is close to Jeudy's then I wouldn't be surprised if they are drafted in similar spots.

Lamb 21.7 YPR

Jeudy 14.6 YPR 

Lamb 14 TDs (and he missed a game)

Jeudy 9

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2018/12/01/jerry-jeudy-alabama-football-wide-receiver-three-things-know/2158077002/

This is because of his speed. Jeudy ran a 4.55 40-yard dash time in high school, according to espn.com.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2017/03/who_are_alabamas_fastest_playe.html

Junior Calvin Ridley: 4.43

Redshirt senior Robert Foster: 4.47

Freshman Jerry Jeudy: 4.47

Sophomore Trevon Diggs: 4.55

https://247sports.com/Article/CeeDee-Lamb-Oklahoma-football-wide-receiver-2020-NFL-Draft-136961106/

Lamb shines as bright as anyone. He accounted for 33.5 percent of Oklahoma’s offensive production Saturday. Many of those yards came in spectacular fashion, providing the world a blueprint of what makes Lamb a spectacular talent. 

Take Lamb’s 51-yard, third-quarter touchdown. Lamb, who is a strong route runner, didn’t really have to work himself open. He came in motion in the backfield and kind of just wandered into space in the flat. After getting the ball back on a flea flicker, Hurts hit an open-by-a-country-mile Lamb at Texas’ 30-yard-line. That’s when Lamb’s Houdini act occurred.

...“My size and acceleration,” Lamb said. “That’s what made me hard to tackle.”

“He’s electric in the open field,” Foster added. “We took bad angles and he made us pay for it.”

https://nflmocks.com/2019/11/26/2020-nfl-draft-ceedee-lamb-wr1-jerry-jeudy/

Alabama wide receiver Jerry Jeudy has long been considered to be the top player at his position in the 2020 NFL Draft. It is easy to fall in love with Jeudy’s game. He is an incredibly quick and smooth player who runs incredible routes and shows impressive elusiveness in the open field. Jeudy a major weapon at all three levels and has obvious upside at the next level.

Jeudy has continued to play well this season, but he has had some struggles with drops that are concerning. He was once considered to essentially be a perfect 2020 NFL draft prospect, but his drops have brought up some concerns. We should still consider Jeudy as one of the premier prospects in the class, but he may no longer be WR1. Oklahoma receiver CeeDee Lamb has at least put himself in that conversation.

Lamb has been absolutely incredible this season, piling up more receiving yards (999 to 933) and touchdowns (14 to 9) than Jeudy on far fewer receptions (46 to 66). Simply put, Lamb has been one of the most productive and explosive players in college football this season and is the favorite to take home the Biletnikoff Award for the best wide receiver in college football.

Lamb is not going to set any record with his speed, but he is fast enough to make an impact on the outside. He uses his quickness and smooth route running to create space, but it is not like he needs a lot of room to make an impact on the field.

CeeDee Lamb is the best contested-catch receiver in the 2020 NFL draft class. He shows tremendous natural body control in the air and concentrates on the ball extremely well. Lamb does a great job of tracking the ball in the air and positions himself well to consistently win jump ball situations.

Once the ball is in his hands, Lamb is a dynamic playmaker who is extremely difficult to keep in check. He changes directions extremely quickly and shows impressive contact balance with the ball in his hands. Lamb is a naturally elusive player who is consistently difficult to bring down in space.

Archived