Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

St. Brown is also really good as the forgotten man in the mix.  He is a hard running YAC threat that is fearless working the middle of the field and is a street fight for the DBs to get down.  He gets a lot of the dirty work but makes the most of his opportunities.  I think he's going to go back to school and next year he and Slovis could be one of the sport's star tandems. 

These WR groups at OU, Bama, & USC are ridiculous. Brown is a true soph, HS teammate of fellow true soph JT Daniels, they’ll both be back & starting for SC next year, Slovis is unlikely to unseat Daniels; Brown will be a top 50 pick, probably top 25 by next year, he’s a freak.

@Koolblue13 & anyone interested in watching one of the more fascinating prospects in the 2021 class should check out PSU’s EDGE guys v 

84FEEA1C-54DB-4CDF-959F-B904EFAEF329.jpeg

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Penn St vs Minnesota.  Florida vs Vandy.  Iowa vs Wisconsin.  Texas vs Kansas St.  USC vs Arizona St.  Missouri vs Georgia.  Clemson vs NC St.  Oklahoma vs Iowa St.

All of those games have first rounders in them and multiple day two guys.

Thanks. I wouldn't know where to start.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks. I wouldn't know where to start.

Penn St has five guys to watch.  #99 DE is a first rounder.  Maybe a high first rounder.  Him against that absolute unit of a tackle is the fascinating matchup that @volsmet was talking about.   #1 WR is a day two guy if he declares early.  #57 DT is probably a day three guy with some interesting upside.  Their LG #74 is getting draft burn.  And their TE #87 is an absolute stud but I don't think he's draft eligible until next year.  On the Minnesota side, their WRs and LBers are the ones to watch.  Their safety #11 is a future NFL player too.

Florida has tons of prospects.  Their best player is CJ Henderson CB #1.  I don't know if Zuniga DE #92 is healthy, but if he plays he's probably their second best prospect.  The other starters on the DL are NFL prospects too.  #33 MLB is as well.  On offense, their TE/WR Van Jefferson and their RB LaMichael Perine are their NFL guys this season.  Vanderbilt's top prospects are their RB and TE.

Iowa vs Wisconsin probably has the most highly regarded NFL prospects in it outside of the LSU/Bama game.  Iowa has the two first round offensive tackles and a first round DE #94.  Plus some draftniks seem to think their QB is an NFL prospect.  Wisconsin has their C Biadasz and RB Taylor as first round guys.  Their LT #71 probably won't come out this year, but a Wisconsin tackle with NFL talent is always worth keeping an eye on.  On defense Baun #56 and Orr #54 are their two NFL guys.

Texas has a lot of NFL guys who probably won't declare this season, but the main one to note are the LT #52 who is one of my favorite players in CFB, and the two WRs Johnson and Duvernay.  The RB #26 is good too but he's not draft eligible.  They have a couple of other guys on their line getting NFL looks but I think they're marginal.  On defense their two guys are Roach DT #32 and Jones DB #19.  For Kansas St it's their LT #74 and their RB #34.

USC vs AZ State has a lot too, the main guys I watch for are the three USC WRs and their LT #73, who looks like a top 40 pick.  Their defense is full of future NFL guys but they're all sophomores and I don't think any of them will come out this year.  For AZ St it's #2 and #3 that you watch for on offense.

Georgia has 47 NFL guys, just watch them all.  Missouri's TE and LT are day one and two prospects, those are the most notable ones to watch.  I think they've got some guys on defense too but haven't really paid attention to them.

Clemson has 47 NFL guys too.  NC State's defensive line are NFL prospects.

Finally, Oklahoma's QB, WR, TE, and RB are all good prospects with the first three having the potential to go round one.  And on defense their nose tackle #90 and ILB #9 are early round guys.  Iowa St doesn't really have any compelling prospects for this year's class but their LBers and Edge players might get NFL looks.

Steve, any thoughts on the UGA tackles following their performance v Fla’s pass rushers? I didn’t watch it particularly closely, but UGA appeared to make light work of the gators on pass rushing downs, on 3rd it seemed Fromm had all day to throw. I noticed Cager, a native of Maryland (which is always important), looked like the most dominant force on the field when navigating the gifted Fla back 7; Cager gets no mention in this loaded class of WRs, but he seems keen to remedy that. 🤨

Jamie Newman? There is some buzz about his gifts in the scouting world. Based on what little I’ve seen, his compadre, #7 Scotty Washington, a 6ft 5 DC native, looks smooth. I expect as much from youngsters out of the Catholic League.

The text is laughable, but the size, arm & feet are quite nice.

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

Steve, any thoughts on the UGA tackles following their performance v Fla’s pass rushers? I didn’t watch it particularly closely, but UGA appeared to make light work of the gators on pass rushing downs, on 3rd it seemed Fromm had all day to throw. I noticed Cager, a native of Maryland (which is always important), looked like the most dominant force on the field when navigating the gifted Fla back 7; Cager gets no mention in this loaded class of WRs, but he seems keen to remedy that. 🤨

I haven't watched it yet.  Could be a situation where Zuniga and Greenard weren't close to 100% yet though.  I think Zuniga in particular has been battling stuff all year.

Yeah one upside to this game is Burrow stock is likely rising.  Tua on the other hand...

I know some of Tua's critics kick him for not always playing his best in big games.  Not sure if that's fair but he's had his ups and downs on that front. 

It pains me right now that we got no 2nd rounder, I think it will be a good round for receivers like a Devonta Smith, Reagor, etc

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah one upside to this game is Burrow stock is likely rising.  Tua on the other hand...

I know some of Tua's critics kick him for not always playing his best in big games.  Not sure if that's fair but he's had his ups and downs on that front. 

It pains me right now that we got no 2nd rounder, I think it will be a good round for receivers like a Devonta Smith, Reagor, etc

Assuming we trade Trent, we'll get at least a 2nd rounder.  I do think some playoff team may trade a late 1st for him tbh.

As long as we get a top 3 pick, I'm fine.  Burrow, Tua, and Chase are all deserved to be picked.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Assuming we trade Trent, we'll get at least a 2nd rounder.  I do think some playoff team may trade a late 1st for him tbh.

As long as we get a top 3 pick, I'm fine.  Burrow, Tua, and Chase are all deserved to be picked.

Normally I agree but Bruce is a wild card on this front (and not in a good way) so am not counting on anything on the Trent situation in a slam dunk fashion. 

Archived