Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can't get over the jump Burrow has made. I just got done watching some of his play this year and he seriously looks like Phillip Rivers out there. Call me crazy but he looks like a top 3 pick. 

1-3 looks like it could be a combination between Tua, Burrow, and Young. I think those are the best players in the draft. Id be happy with any of them. If Young wasn't so good I'd be extremely happy right now that we have a shot at a true franchise QB. Young is that good though so I'm torn. 

Agree.

Havent given up on Haskins by any means, I'm not sure we have invested enough tim in getting him ready. However, if as looks most likely we are picking top 3, the choice for me is narrowed down to QB or Young.

Think I'm taking a QB at the minute. Let them battle it out.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Agree.

Havent given up on Haskins by any means, I'm not sure we have invested enough tim in getting him ready. However, if as looks most likely we are picking top 3, the choice for me is narrowed down to QB or Young.

Think I'm taking a QB at the minute. Let them battle it out.

I have zero faith in him succeeding here and in this culture. I think this will get repeated more down the road in the future but he gives off very "me me" orientated vibes. Why I'm really low on him is there hasn't been any improvement, zero. He doesn't seem to be involved much with team always off by himself looking disinterested. Im not seeing a lot of positives. 

On the other hand Tua and Burrow are studs. Haskins was overvalued on mock drafts, I know people think he dropped but there's a reason why of all the teams that were going to stop the drop from happening further, it was us who drafted him. We'll regret it majorly I think if we pass on Tua or Burrow

I really don't know what to make of Haskins but I think it's premature to land on a conclusion about him.  We want Burrow to keep killing it and Tua to come back well from that injury because if so, Young will likely be there at #3.  I don't know if I'd want to trade back, I go back and forth on it.  It would depend on what type of haul it is.  My fear is if the Trent thing goes south, Bruce would draft Andrew Thomas.  This FO tends to telegraph that need dictates some of their high picks.   And with Kerrigan and Sweat in the fold they'd feel Thomas is the bigger need.   I think Thomas will be a very good LT.    But Chase I think will be killer good. 

My dream scenario is we trade Trent to the Browns for at a minimum of their 2020 1st round pick and recoup a 2nd some how.  That way we can stay put and grab Young with the 2nd or 3rd pick, then go Oline later in the first and again in the 2nd.  In just 3 picks we practically could rebuild both lines.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I really don't know what to make of Haskins but I think it's premature to land on a conclusion about him.  We want Burrow to keep killing it and Tua to come back well from that injury because if so, Young will likely be there at #3.  I don't know if I'd want to trade back, I go back and forth on it.  It would depend on what type of haul it is.  My fear is if the Trent thing goes south, Bruce would draft Andrew Thomas.  This FO tends to telegraph that need dictates some of their high picks.   And with Kerrigan and Sweat in the fold they'd feel Thomas is the bigger need.   I think Thomas will be a very good LT.    But Chase I think will be killer good. 

I can't imagine trading back if we're at 3 and Chase Young is there (unless Haskins starts the rest of the season and completely bombs and we're looking for a QB). I agree that the dude is likely the best player in CFB. He's a better prospect than Bosa was IMO. He's borderline unstoppable and has a crazy combination of explosiveness, outstanding hand use / technique, and the fluidity and hips to bend the edge successfully. Pretty insane for a guy who's 270 lbs. No trading back there; take the potential superstar. This is especially true if we start Haskins the rest of the season and he shows enough improvement to make us think that with a full offseason he could improve enough to be the guy. 

I'd probably puke if Young were to be available when we pick and we go with Andrew Thomas instead, whom I've soured on a bit recently. He's a good prospect but he doesn't seem to have much nastiness in him and plays somewhat soft for his size and talent level. I think he'll end up being a good but not great or elite Tackle in the NFL. 

As far as need, technically Thomas would be a bigger one, which is why I could see them reaching (IMO) for Thomas. But can you really have enough decent pass rushers to justify passing on a potentially game changing one? We have Kerrigan on one side who is solid but isn't elite, is going against less talented RTs most downs, and who is going to be 32 next season. We have Sweat who has crazy athleticism but is obviously raw and not doing all that much at the moment. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

As far as need, technically Thomas would be a bigger one, which is why I could see them reaching (IMO) for Thomas. But can you really have enough decent pass rushers to justify passing on a potentially game changing one? We have Kerrigan on one side who is solid but isn't elite, is going against less talented RTs most downs, and who is going to be 32 next season. We have Sweat who has crazy athleticism but is obviously raw and not doing all that much at the moment. 

I keep going back to the SF Dline.  They had some good players on the interior.  But they added Bosa (Dee Ford has been good, too) and now they look elite.  Kerrigan has never been elite IMO or even close.  Young to me has K. Mack, V.  Miller type of talent. 

Speaking of which it's soon time to tune to the Ohio State game. 

We must trade down and stockpile. Miami is going to be a lot better than us and soon, because they have so many picks, and will honestly probably trade down for more.

We have no 2nd round pick. No LT, or OGs really (next year), absolutely need an ILB and major help at CB, and probably a TE.

My only positions of hope are RB (Guice and Love hopefully healthy) and WR, McLaurin and Harmon continue to develop. D-line we are pretty set. 

We have a 1% chance of drafting a QB, and honestly, what is another pass rusher going to do a this point? I'm looking for a later 1st a 2nd and a 2021 1st. You fill some holes this year and if Haskins fails, you have ammo in the 2021 draft to trade up for a QB if necessary. 

Trading back into the mid/later 1st and nabbing someone like Gross-Matos, and using the acquired 2nd on someone like CB Troy Pride, and having a 2nd 2021 1st rounder.

That sounds a lot better than, lets draft Young, then a 3rd rounder, and hope the rest of the holes on the team fix themselves, and also hope Haskins doesn't completely suck

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man, every time I watch Young (including right now) I get jazzed but fearful at the same time -- the dude is so good I don't think its crazy that Miami takes him.  We have to hope Burrow and Tua really burn it up.  Hopefully Tua is back sooner then later.

I dont normally compare young players to other greats or declare them future hall of famers but this kid looks like LT times 3!!!! My God he can play the end and linebacker!!! The dude is a athletic freak 

My mouth is watering at the thought of Young on this DL. Trade Kerrigan and have a rotation of Allen, Payne, Matty I, Sweat, Settle and Young. As @Skinsinparadise has mentioned multiple times, it definitely gives vibes of what SF has done to turn their fortunes around. They’ve invested high picks and money into their DL and its paying off for them in a major way. 

One of the biggest pluses in drafting Young is that it allows Sweat to play in what I believe is his more natural position at LOLB/LDE, replacing Kerrigan. He is a much better run defender than he is a pass rusher at this point in his career, and I think he would flourish in that role with Young on the opposite side. 

Please don't screw this up Redskins. 

That's it.  Watching this game is the kicker for me, I am not trading back if he's there.   I think Chase Young is my biggest man crush of all time among college players.  Another big play (strip) just now.  The announcer of the game just went that dude is the best player in America.  IMO he will make this defense top 5 if we get him.

The dude is a freak.

Young is a no-brainer if he's on the board.  He's won them this game today.  Rare to be able to do that from the edge.

I'm hoping Tua and Burrow go one and two so we can get him.  We're pretty much going to have to lose out to get him though because Cincy and Miami ain't winning any games.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Young is a no-brainer if he's on the board.  He's won them this game today.  Rare to be able to do that from the edge.

I'm hoping Tua and Burrow go one and two so we can get him.  We're pretty much going to have to lose out to get him though because Cincy and Miami ain't winning any games.

Cincy though plays Miami so one of them will have a win. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Dolphins play the Bengals.

Archived