Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

12 minutes ago, FireInHisBelly said:

Why do you think it's such a bad idea? A distraction? Most cameras aren't "in your face" types around the facilities - the players will hardly notice a difference in their daily activities. These are professional athletes playing at the highest level. If they can't handle minimal intrusion into their preseason routine for a few weeks, then they suck as a professional. 

Nah none of that, its only training camp. 

Bad idea PR-wise. Might not be bad if Snyder/Allen/Williams aren't on the show. 

13 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Nah none of that, its only training camp. 

Bad idea PR-wise. Might not be bad if Snyder/Allen/Williams aren't on the show. 

How do you mean PR-wise? HBO isn't going to send out a product that trashes the organization they cover - that'll ensure that they never get to do Hard Knocks again. It's not like teams that are on Hard Knocks get put through the ringer by the media/fans. If anything, I'd say that it draws in potential new fans.

2 minutes ago, FireInHisBelly said:

How do you mean PR-wise? HBO isn't going to send out a product that trashes the organization they cover - that'll ensure that they never get to do Hard Knocks again. It's not like teams that are on Hard Knocks get put through the ringer by the media/fans. If anything, I'd say that it draws in potential new fans.

Have you heard Bruce Allen speak? And good lord, Doug makes every PR incident worse when he opens his mouth. 

You know we can't have nice things around here. Somehow this FO will embarrass itself. But you know, like I said, maybe we won't see much Bruce/Doug/Dan. 

Please football gods let it be us. Have hoped for this look behind the scenes forever, and that was when we had a much more boring team than we have now. We've got some great leaders, personalities, and blue collar badasses right now. Especially on defense. And a QB competition. And a few really highly respected position coaches, whatever you may think of Gruden himself. And I really want a look into that room where they make the cuts at the end of camp. Could really take or leave the inevitable focus on the roster bubble UDFA's who happen to be funny, have a good story, and have a hot girlfriend. That will be interesting, of course, just like every other Hard Knocks season. But I want the look behind the scenes in terms of decision making, the look at Haskins breaking down tape in the QB room, the commentary at the coaches meetings, etc. It's a rare chance to get a look at the team that doesn't come around often. 

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

Have you heard Bruce Allen speak? And good lord, Doug makes every PR incident worse when he opens his mouth. 

You know we can't have nice things around here. Somehow this FO will embarrass itself. But you know, like I said, maybe we won't see much Bruce/Doug/Dan. 

Who cares? Why as a fan are you worried about their PR, unless you're Wylie? If they prove to be buffoons even after meticulous HBO/NFL editing meant to hype the product, it should be exposed and it would be yet another silver lining. 

Mark my words, while they may hint at some controversy or show some behind the scenes drama, it will be superficial. This show is meant to hype up the NFL product, personalities, and season. It will be about whether Gruden and Haskins are up to the task of restoring a legendary but failing franchise to glory. Hell I can practically hear Liev Schreiber talk about it during the intro as the classic Hard Knocks music soars now. It will be a massive PR bump for the team due to the roster having some interesting young talent in an extremely popular division, and they need that badly. It will help make them relevant again outside the direct Redskins fanbase, and if they think they smashed the Haskins pick out of the park, it's an even better showcase of the future. 

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is Hard Knocks on NFL Gamepass membership ?

The logo is on there, but I never heard anyone mention it.

I watch it on Gamepass, although I don't know if there are different versions depending on location.

11 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Who cares? Why as a fan are you worried about their PR, unless you're Wylie? If they prove to be buffoons even after meticulous HBO/NFL editing meant to hype the product, it should be exposed and it would be yet another silver lining. 

Mark my words, while they may hint at some controversy or show some behind the scenes drama, it will be superficial. This show is meant to hype up the NFL product, personalities, and season. It will be about whether Gruden and Haskins are up to the task of restoring a legendary but failing franchise to glory. Hell I can practically hear Liev Schreiber talk about it during the intro as the classic Hard Knocks music soars now. It will be a massive PR bump for the team due to the roster having some interesting young talent in an extremely popular division, and they need that badly. It will help make them relevant again outside the direct Redskins fanbase, and if they think they smashed the Haskins pick out of the park, it's an even better showcase of the future. 

Yeah from what I read somewhere the team has editing power.  So Dan-Bruce-Doug or whomever should have an easy job painting whatever image they want to.  If anything Hard Knocks is a propaganda tool for the team.  The only danger typically from what I've noticed is does all the attention and hype that comes from the show get to some of the players heads and in turn end up a distraction.  But IMO considering they are unlikely headed to the playoffs this year anyway than what do they have to lose on that front?

For Dan IMO in particular it's a perfect vehicle considering how his image couldn't be worse right now.  He can take I think 2 routes with this.  1.  Just be away from the cameras to cement the image that he supposedly wants to convey which is that he's not that involved.  2.  Show the softer side so to speak to his life.  I am not a fan of Dan the owner.  But I do think the dude does have some redeeming personal qualities which includes their charity work.

As for Bruce this off season he seemed to want to sell that Doug is the dude really running things.  Most beat reporters say the truth is different.  After the draft, Jay and to some extent Bruce plugged Kyle Smith.  My point is if Bruce wants to downplay his own role then he can showcase that as well.  

Personally, my interest in this would have zero to do with any of that.  I am just making this point that I don't think that Dan, Bruce, Doug or whomever will trip up on this show.  I think it ends up good for them.  But what I want to see is the players and Jay.   From watching other shows, I've left with what I thought in my own mind is a strong vibe about the head coach and the quarterbacks.   So I think it will be fascinating to see how Jay operates up close and Haskins, etc.  Also it usually takes on an undrafted FA or two and you follow their journey -- that's typically very entertaining.

I recall watching the Tampa Hard Knocks and I was unimpressed with Dick Koetter and J. Winston.   Granted its a different show but the same idea (All or Nothing) -- loved watching Arians.  He seemed to be such a detail guy and you can tell he interacted really well with his players. 

11 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Please football gods let it be us. Have hoped for this look behind the scenes forever, and that was when we had a much more boring team than we have now. We've got some great leaders, personalities, and blue collar badasses right now. Especially on defense. And a QB competition. And a few really highly respected position coaches, whatever you may think of Gruden himself. And I really want a look into that room where they make the cuts at the end of camp. Could really take or leave the inevitable focus on the roster bubble UDFA's who happen to be funny, have a good story, and have a hot girlfriend. That will be interesting, of course, just like every other Hard Knocks season. But I want the look behind the scenes in terms of decision making, the look at Haskins breaking down tape in the QB room, the commentary at the coaches meetings, etc. It's a rare chance to get a look at the team that doesn't come around often. 

Yeah im pretty excited. Could probably do the opposite of what people fear This team cant be anymore hated, so why not? A chance for us all to finally peak behind the curtain a bit, and see for our own eyes, whats always been communicated (and framed ) by  "Sources"

if asked at the end of the season I would have said no thanks but now after some time has passed combined with our draft and a month plus of speculation about the Skins being on Hardknocks I've done a 180 and will be so disappointed if its not the skins.  I need a Redskins fix bad and Hardknocks is my drug of choice before the actual season starts.

I am also considering attending an early away game and Hardknocks will likely solidify doing it.  Id bet it would also result in more interest in the Skins just like it did for the Browns last year.  

16 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This might be the thing to make me get HBO.

How do I get the best deal on HBO ? 😉

Not sure there's really a "best deal". Across all streaming platforms and on it's own, HBO Go/NOW is $15 per month.

With Incognito going to Oakland I’m pretty sure they are the definite front runners, from what I’ve read it seems like pretty much every non redskins fan wants to see Oakland. Hard knocks would really help the Redskins brand I imagine 

18 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This might be the thing to make me get HBO.

How do I get the best deal on HBO ? 😉

If you have Hulu or Amazon, it's cheaper (at least it used to be) to add a subscription through them than through Satellite/cable provider or even HBO's stand alone streaming service.

Archived