Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

Yes, I would love to see our guys on there.

Like most reality type shows, the editors can dictate or even create the narrative. But it seems to be a fairly honest representation of what actually happens at training camp, and although it does seem a little voyeuristic at times, I like it.

hell YES... as a fan i get to see the inner working of my team and gives me something to care about (football wise) prior to the season. I dont care whether the coaches like it.. this team has been pretty bad for a long time (without doing hard knocks) and they should jump at ANY opportunity to gain some of the fan base back!

4 hours ago, oraphus said:

hell YES... as a fan i get to see the inner working of my team and gives me something to care about (football wise) prior to the season. I dont care whether the coaches like it.. this team has been pretty bad for a long time (without doing hard knocks) and they should jump at ANY opportunity to gain some of the fan base back!

Agreed.  But....it could also majorly backfire too.  If the office is as much of a **** show as some claim, it could be a lot of public egg on the face.  But would still be really entertaining at the very least. 

I think Haskins makes the Redskins a much more interesting get.  But hard to miss that the NFL Network covered if I recall over 20 teams in the draft -- Redskins not being one of those teams.  i presume the Redskins FO didn't want the cameras.  If so, I can see them digging hard against Hard Knox.  

Hell yes. The value as a fan I'd get out of seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff would far outweigh the potential short-term negatives. Aside from some superstitious belief, I don't see any negatives. The "distraction" is not that big a deal. Hell Jay Gruden has already handled it once before as OC of the Bengals (and was entertaining). 

The Browns doing it last year gained them a lot of fans/interest and made it clear the team needed to move on from Hue. Showcased Dorsey and their new franchise QB. It wasn't bad for them at all imo. 

I can't imagine being a fan and not crossing my fingers hoping for this chance to see behind the scenes, in the meeting and coaches rooms, and into the locker room...now more than ever with actual young talent sprinkled at all levels of the roster. Especially on cut day and hearing their logic with some of the tough choices they'll have. Getting to see who actually has a voice in the decision-making. 

31 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hell yes. The value as a fan I'd get out of seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff would far outweigh the potential short-term negatives. Aside from some superstitious belief, I don't see any negatives. The "distraction" is not that big a deal. Hell Jay Gruden has already handled it once before as OC of the Bengals (and was entertaining). 

The Browns doing it last year gained them a lot of fans/interest and made it clear the team needed to move on from Hue. Showcased Dorsey and their new franchise QB. It wasn't bad for them at all imo. 

I can't imagine being a fan and not crossing my fingers hoping for this chance to see behind the scenes, in the meeting and coaches rooms, and into the locker room...now more than ever with actual young talent sprinkled at all levels of the roster. Especially on cut day and hearing their logic with some of the tough choices they'll have. Getting to see who actually has a voice in the decision-making. 

For a franchise that according to some like Peter King "are bleeding fans" it might actually help.  While I get their preference for privacy -- I actually think it would serve them well as to some needed PR and attention.  They are getting some attention for the Haskins pick but before that it's been sort of a forgotten franchise by the national nfl media in recent years and I think that might have something to do with their declining attendance and TV ratings. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, c slag said:

Anyone going to purchase HBO from the cable company if the Redskins happen to be featured on Hard Knocks?

I would order it the day before episode 1 and cancel it the day after the last episode.  There is no way I wouldn't watch it.  And it would be awesome to see the behind the scenes stuff.  But as I said before, I hope they don't get chosen.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, Dissident2 said:

Yes, because it would drive the suits out there insane to have someone chronicling their every move. Didn't seem to hurt the Browns much last year. I'd love to see it. 

Didn’t seem to hurt the browns all that much last year except ya know, the whole firing their head coach mid season thing.  

3 hours ago, chaaarmndr said:

Didn’t seem to hurt the browns all that much last year except ya know, the whole firing their head coach mid season thing.  

You mean the guy who went 2-5-1 then got fired, followed by a record of 5-3 with his replacement and a lot of buzz going into the offseason?

Like I said ... didn't hurt the Browns all that much last year. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:55 AM, BleedBNG said:

Not worse, in fact it's possible we could make the playoffs. I feel Case will be the starter for as long as he's healthy, while Colt will be backup. If God forbid both of them go down like our QB's did last year, then Haskins will take over. But I feel the Redskin explosion will begin next year. We're pretty much at the point (or we'll find out this year) that we can go for BPA thru out the rounds of next years draft. Most of which will help give Haskins a solid OLine to work with. Not to mention adding some more talent in the D secondary. In other words, no big deal doing Hard Knocks this year, but just don't bother us about it next year.

Couple of things here. The Redskins don't have a bad line I've already explained this in another thread. The Skins biggest problem is health. They have a top 10 offensive line when healthy.

I believe Keenum starts and Haskins is backup. McCoys health is up in the air right now. Also don't sleep on Haskins he could win this job before the start or the season.

As for the defense the Skins have spent high picks and a lot of money on the defense the last 3 years. They need to put up or shut up. Yeah they might be a little weak at CB, but you can't expect studs at every position. 

My only worry honestly is the coaching right now. There is enough talent on this team to win. Just don't know if we have the right people running it. 

As for Hard knocks I say no way. This team and organization has been a circus for years no need to let everyone get a inside look. 

I believe Washington is going to get it, they are at about 50/50 odds to have a new coach next year & as much fun as Oakland would be, some speculation that the show really wants Las Vegas in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I believe Washington is going to get it, they are at about 50/50 odds to have a new coach next year & as much fun as Oakland would be, some speculation that the show really wants Las Vegas in 2020. 

I agree.  I think it’s got to come down to the Redskins and Raiders.  Giants and lions don’t have nearly the number of storylines.   I just have a hunch the Skins will be the selection.  

24 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I know they've been reticent to do it but I think they can benefit from the buzz they'd get out of it. 

17 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I agree.  I think it’s got to come down to the Redskins and Raiders.  Giants and lions don’t have nearly the number of storylines.   I just have a hunch the Skins will be the selection.  

I think the Eli-Jones dynamic along with Barkley would put them in play some.  Ditto Gettleman for his faults seems colorful. 

23 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

You really can’t beat the Raiders drama, but Hard Knocks won’t follow a team with a new HC which makes it a good time to grab Washington & you can get all the Raiders drama when they move next year. I’ve never seen the show, but Gruden, Mayock & Brown in Vegas would be worth a watch I imagine. I also think Oakland may be able to push it off because they worked the sr bowl, but I’m not sure if that gives them any leverage or not.

The Reuben Foster story & DH make us interesting.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the Eli-Jones dynamic along with Barkley would put them in play some.  Ditto Gettleman for his faults seems colorful. 

I imagine Eli & Jones sitting in a room quoting lines from Pride & Prejudice to one another, Eli as Mr. Darcy & Daniel as each of the Bennett’s.

Archived