Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

11 minutes ago, max21 said:

Damnit, I was really hoping it was us. It would have been good for the fan base IMO

Agree.  I was just reading Athlon's NFL magazine about the upcoming season. It talked about this team having a steep decline in being any type of national draw-interest.  I've heard other national shows goof on the idea about the Redskins-Cowboys being a top NFL rivalry by saying more or less how are the Redskins relevant rivals with anyone since no one gives a crap about them nationally.  And the real rivals now in the NFC East are whenever the other 3 teams in the East play each other.

I never thought I'd care about something like that but for some reason it irks me some. Maybe that's because I live in South Florida which basically is a mix of fans from all over the country.  I wear my Redskins gear plenty but its rare for me to find someone else doing the same.  And I see people wear jerseys-shirts of some other teams like crazy.  

I get the idea of just win baby and become a relevant franchise again over time -- I just got my doubts its happening.  I admit this is one thing I didn't think would happen under Dan which is becoming irrelevant.  For his faults, Dan seem to be good at getting attention albeit not always the right kind.  But yeah I never thought this organization would be mentioned among the Titans as one of those type of teams that no one cares to watch unless you are a fan of the team.  Not that Hard Knocks would fix all of that.  But it would at least bring them back in conversation some.   Though them drafting Haskins had added some intrigue I notice nationally. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For it to be us, we'd have to have a non playoff season and Jay is retained.  It doesn't look like even Jay thinks those two things can go hand in hand.  But you never know.

Well, non playoffs is pretty much a given.  I mean, the East could be weak this year, but who knows.  As it stands, it looks like Philly and Dallas fighting it out with us and the Giants trying to stay out of last.  But who knows.

IIRC, we'd be like one of the longest running eligible teams NOT to have appeared on it.  We can't keep dodging that bullet for much longer no matter who the coach is.

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Damnit, I was really hoping it was us. It would have been good for the fan base IMO

I hope we are never on anything reality TV like

Let us be the NFL's more forgetable team until we're  late playoff ready again

Just now, carex said:

The fan base needs anything to get excited about, a behind the scenes look would have been really cool and sparked some interest. No idea why people are against it. I was at the final game last year at FedEx against the eagles and that was just terrible, I was honestly embarrassed. We need something 

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, non playoffs is pretty much a given.  I mean, the East could be weak this year, but who knows.  As it stands, it looks like Philly and Dallas fighting it out with us and the Giants trying to stay out of last.  But who knows.

IIRC, we'd be like one of the longest running eligible teams NOT to have appeared on it.  We can't keep dodging that bullet for much longer no matter who the coach is.

I don’t want to sound like a homer.  But I don’t think it’s a given that we won’t make the playoffs.  Maybe we get lucky as a wild card.

24 minutes ago, carex said:

What does it matter at this point?  We have been the laughing stock and one of the worst teams in the NFL since Snyder bought the team.   This franchise is no longer respectable and hasn't been for decades. 

All of that has been undone over the past 25+ years.  Being on Hard Knocks could do no more harm or embarrassment than the front office, owner, coaching staff and some players have already managed to do.  Plus, with today's social media, leaks, etc. every teams dirty laundry gets put out there.  

Archived