Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Jordan Brailford EDGE Oklahoma State

Wildbunny

Welcome to the Redskins, hope you're not living on the EDGE of the roster!

Jordan Brailford

EDGE

Oklahoma State

jordan_brailford-oklahoma_state_universi

Jordan Brailford Draft Profile

Height 6' 3"
Weight 252 lbs
Arms 32 1/2”
Hands 9 1/8”

Overview

High-effort edge talent who became a disruptive presence this season thanks to scheme, motor and burst. Brailford's measurables fall a little short of NFL edge standards and his movement is more linear than lateral which creates limitations in space. He operates with decent play strength and hand violence, and he offers enough upfield rush for teams to work with. He's a likely middle round backup with special teams value, whose ceiling could be pushed higher by additional coaching.

Strengths

Times it up and gets off the snap quickly

Hard upfield push with first three rush steps

Maintains space from tackle to prevent being punched before his turn

Features an inside spin counter that may have some legs

Made basic drops into zone as stand-up linebacker

Successfully crosses blocker's face

Slim into gaps knifing into backfield for disruption

Punches above weight class at point of attack

Can extend and anchor to set edge

Used on a variety of stand-up twists and stunts

Reps as inside linebacker vs

zone-read offenses

Click on the link for more

Not sure where the coaches put him. Apparently, he was much lighter at the Shrine game at 241 lb. he clearly bulked up for the combine and added 10+ lb but looks like his 40 time took a hit because of that. DraftScout has his 40 time in the 4.58-4.74 sec range. He ran a 4.65 at the combine. Draft scout ranked him 8th best OLB and projected him a 2-3rd round selection. He’s a tweener type like Ryan Anderson. 

I’m happy we got more depth at OLB but thought we would attempt to clone Sweat. I was pulling for Justin Hollins from Oregon. 6’5” 248lb but ran a 4.5 at the combine. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

As long as Ryan gets used in offense and defense, he's safe.  This guy seems like a solid dedicated backup for Kerrigan, too early to be talking replacement.

Ryan Anderson becoming our FB and blocking for us tells me everything I need to know about him. His personality type ALWAYS finds their niche in the NFL and sticks around. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Ryan Anderson becoming our FB and blocking for us tells me everything I need to know about him. His personality type ALWAYS finds their niche in the NFL and sticks around. 

<------ See

The one weakness our defensive front had was lack of speed and edge rushers.   We probably had and have the most powerful defensive line.  The best pocket collapsing defensive line.  Maulers.  Bull rushers.

Now with the addition of Sweat and this dude, we have turned a weakness of lack of edge speed into a strength.  Gotta love it.

Makes our front even scarier.   Where are qbs gonna go.   Can't step up.  Edge rushers will force them into the interior linemen.

Our two last picks are making the team.   Quinn last year, and this dude.   Ryan Anderson take notice.  You gonna be pushed.

Pay Kyle Smith.

Interesting interview as opposed to all the highlight tapes..... I like to get a sense of a guy, hearing what he sees and finds important. This kid has some game, and as much as I know that a 7th is a longshot by definition, I dunno, he looks like he wants it, we'll see how it pans out.........

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sounds like a Redskin starter!

I know right? I mention it because we have history drafting or signing guys with injury histories, hoping to find a good value. It hasn't always worked out. I wonder if that will be the case here. At first pass, it seems like a worthy gamble considering how late he was taken. Not much invested in the player. Good luck kid!

Interesting athletic profile:

His 4.65 40 was in the 85th percentile for the position (drops to 75th percentile when adjusted for size), his burst score was 85th percentile (combining Vertical leap w/broad jump), but his agility sat at 40th percentile.

Looked like 12.5 or 13.5 sacks final two years combined, and something like 26 TFL's combined. Not an elite prospect, but an interesting one, maybe rotational value. Unless he's just found himself and will continue to grow, he's probably a rotational guy at best. 

Like this guy a lot as a 7th rounder. 

He has some of the characteristics that I feel sweat is lacking. Hope he gets a chance.. would be really nice to have a couple dependable guys to spell kerrigan and sweat without having too much of a dropoff. 

I think Brailford is absolutely overlooked because of his draft position, this kid late in the 7th? C'mon! This is a HUGE deal, we got someone that has a legit chance to make the roster on Mr Irrelevant Eve, when does that happen?

Archived