Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison

Wildbunny

13 hours ago, redrobert said:

Yes, his bust is between Robert McCune and Taylor Jacobs...

Ahhh, Taylor Jacobs....

that brings back some serious pre-season man-crush memories. 

I will happily fall into the love trap....

Good ole Jimmy clearly has that something. He's gonna be a good one. Maybe even very good.

I expect he makes the 53 easy and starts to get serious reps early doors.

28 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Dare anybody say better than Fuller ?

I think it’s still a little too soon.  But like I heard on television, he sure does play well on Wednesday’s.  Have to see if he can do it on Sunday’s.

Rain on the parade alert.

I heard JPs pod and he mentioned that Jimmy got torched pretty good the day before his 3 INT day.

And also, that when a DB takes risks, he will get more picks.  And likely also give up more big plays. Not rocket science of course, nor do I know if any of his 3 INTs were the result of taking risks, just sharing what I heard on the pod.

Hopefully the kid can keep turning heads and make some big plays for us this year.

I know we all get our man crushes each year and it’s fun to do so. Everything I heard about Jimmy is fairly positive and I hope he is our answer as our slot corner. However can we hold off till at least the team puts on pads? Right now they are playing the equivalent of 22 guys playing pick up ball. 

I was listening to the NFL network on Sirius and some guy called and asked if there is a possibility of cutting Josh because of Jimmy? C’mon man! Last time I checked it’s not even June yet. 

22 hours ago, dyst said:

Just remember, our corners ALWAYS look good in practice when they go up against our offense. They usually fall flat when they face NFL caliber teams.

What cautions me is that Breeland had a great training camp with the ints, but had a bad year, getting exposed by AB in the opener. 

It's nice to praise a7th rounder, but i bet he made mistakes and if he doesn't get better, he will have struggles in live action. 

On 5/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Let's all keep perspective here.  It was one day.

It's May. Perspective is for schnooks.

Fit that man for a gold jacket now. ;)

On 5/31/2019 at 8:12 AM, TheGreek1973 said:

Man some of the sarcasm on this board.  So we would all be happier if he was not making plays?  Just asking.  

Maybe. It is a May OTA activity, so it doesn't take make me "happy" 

If these were game action ones though I'd be curious about a lot of things, like was he beat and the qb threw a bad ball, was it tipped into his arms, did he jump the route, and how did he play on the downs where he wasn't beat? I know i heard one of his ints came after a Deion Harris deflection. Not saying that Harris is anything special or will even make the team but it's insightful and maybe Harris made the play and should be getting some more words in his favor. 

Weren't we excited about Danny Johnson last year only to be like who during the season? 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, Thinking Skins said:

Maybe. It is a May OTA activity, so it doesn't take make me "happy" 

If these were game action ones though I'd be curious about a lot of things, like was he beat and the qb threw a bad ball, was it tipped into his arms, did he jump the route, and how did he play on the downs where he wasn't beat? I know i heard one of his ints came after a Deion Harris deflection. Not saying that Harris is anything special or will even make the team but it's insightful and maybe Harris made the play and should be getting some more words in his favor. 

Weren't we excited about Danny Johnson last year only to be like who during the season? 

This kid will contribute this year and when he gets a full offseason and gets into the weightroom for a year then we will be singing a different song.  He's basically a shorter version of Fred Smoot.  Big mouth, confident, great ball skills and can back it up.  He has too many amazing traits not to make it.  Fast, quick as a cat, high football IQ, tracks the ball very well, outstanding ball skills, aggressive, confident, and sports a 39 inch vertical.  He will contribute a ton this year.

Hard thing is who do you cut?

Adonis Alexander

Quinton Dunbar

Josh Norman

Greg Stroman

Jimmy Moreland

DRC

Fabian Moreau

Danny Johnson

I think Stroman, Alexander, and Dunbar are locks.  Stroman offers a ton as a cover man and as our primary return man.  I think Adonis is going to be a stud, he has a ton of versatility as a defender and Dunbar if healthy will continue to just get better.

Norman and Moreau are guys I could see being targeted as trade bait.  I'm not a fan of Moreau, I think he's still learning the position and I doubt he will develop.  As for Norman, he's too expensive and he could be cut pretty soon anyways, especially if DRC turns out to have some gas left in the tank.

I think Moreland will stick and I think Danny Johnson will be safe on the practice squad.  DRC is the wildcard in this whole thing. 

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

He needs to start in the slot. He’s not flashing in mini-camp. He’s doing the same thing he’s done throughout his collegiate career. Turnovers are so valuable. 

I agree.  I really want to know though if he's been making all these plays from the slot, or out wide.  What's the split?  I know they said they'd try him at both spots.

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree.  I really want to know though if he's been making all these plays from the slot, or out wide.  What's the split?  I know they said they'd try him at both spots.

Im not sure that part matters a lot, other than being an advantage if our other CB’s are hurt. Dunbar, Norman and Moreau are all better outside. If Moreland is good in both spots, he still needs to play inside. 

Archived