Wildbunny

Welcome to the Redskins Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison

18 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Im not sure that part matters a lot, other than being an advantage if our other CB’s are hurt. Dunbar, Norman and Moreau are all better outside. If Moreland is good in both spots, he still needs to play inside. 

I just want to know if he's been looking really good due to being on the outside (where he played at most of his college career) or if he's looked good playing at Nickel.  I'm happy either way, but I'd be ecstatic if he's played this well lining up strictly at Nickel CB, since I think that is where he'll make his mark in this league.  Also, it would be impressive if he was doing this as the Nickel CB, since that position is so tough to perform well in, since you don't have the sideline as an extra defender.

The fact that he's picked off passes to Cam Sims a couple times makes me think he's playing outside though.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I just want to know if he's been looking really good due to being on the outside (where he played at most of his college career) or if he's looked good playing at Nickel.  I'm happy either way, but I'd be ecstatic if he's played this well lining up strictly at Nickel CB, since I think that is where he'll make his mark in this league.  Also, it would be impressive if he was doing this as the Nickel CB, since that position is so tough to perform well in, since you don't have the sideline as an extra defender.

The fact that he's picked off passes to Cam Sims a couple times makes me think he's playing outside though.  

Good observation about Sims, and you are right. 

Im sure we will see more of him on the inside in training camp. 

I think he definitely makes the team. I was suprised by how bullish Chris Cooley was on Jimmy though in his podcast with Sheehan. He thinks not only does he make the team, but he's the starting nickel.

I think James Madison is a lock to make the team.  But he likes to be called Jimmy.

I applied to go to Jimmy Moreland U but they said not until my grades turn the corner.

The thread title Jimmy Moreland CB Jimmy Madison keeps ****ing with me.

• Like 1

With training camp on the horizon how cool would it be to see Jimmy emerge as the starting CB in the slot. Could we trust Dunny and Fab on the outside in this scenario?

Providing us the ability to cut Norman?

30 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

With training camp on the horizon how cool would it be to see Jimmy emerge as the starting CB in the slot. Could we trust Dunny and Fab on the outside in this scenario?

Providing us the ability to cut Norman?

There's no point in cutting Norman at this point. Especially if you think this team needs to rely on it's defense this year. He may be a victim of not living up to inflated expectations due to his contract, but he's still easily our best outside CB and it's not close.

I'm pumped about our front-7 (despite the Foster injury). Excited about some of the young DB's. Excited about the Collins addition.

Can't imagine wanting to see all of that in action and then thinking..."damn I hope this means we can cut our top CB". 

People are irrational when it comes to Norman though. 

• Like 4