Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

On 4/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, bowhunter said:

Yeah, you Cant do that. Although it is acceptable to convert a LB to FB. So you're getting just a little bit ahead of yourself. First we need to convert Harmon to LB. ( I'd suggest WILL.) Then AFTER that fails, we can convert him to FB.

Or we could just realize that he catches the damn ball and blocks well and leave him at WR in the mold of Pierre Garcon.

He doesn't have the athleticism of Pierre Garçon. Big différence, and it makes THe difference. 

He's a JAG. 

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

He doesn't have the athleticism of Pierre Garçon. Big différence, and it makes THe difference. 

He's a JAG. 

This. He’s so much JAG that it boggles my mind how active this thread is. The fascination with Harmon speaks to how pitiful our WR room was when we drafted him. I hope he doesn’t make the team because we add WR’s in the draft and have enough talent that he wouldn’t be too 5 or 6. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This. He’s so much JAG that it boggles my mind how active this thread is. The fascination with Harmon speaks to how pitiful our WR room was when we drafted him. I hope he doesn’t make the team because we add WR’s in the draft and have enough talent that he wouldn’t be too 5 or 6. 

After the WR signings made this offseason, I really doubt he makes the team. Maybe he completely balls out in the preseason, but I would bet he's simply not going to look good enough. It's a shame, but I think the injury really hurt his chances in this league. I'll be rooting for Harmon nonetheless. 

• Like 1
On 4/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, RandyHolt said:

Ha I just came here to suggest lets convert him to fullback.

Jokingly.

I cannot ever recall a WR converted to fullback. 

On 4/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, bowhunter said:

Yeah, you Cant do that.

Technically, couldn't you say that happened with Niles Paul ?

He started out as a WR.

Then TE.

Then I recall him lining up as a FB, for a time. I think he was actually our primary FB too, since we didn't have an official FB at the time.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Technically, couldn't you say that happened with Niles Paul ?

He started out as a WR.

Then TE.

Then I recall him lining up as a FB, for a time. I think he was actually our primary FB too, since we didn't have an official FB at the time.

You are right, Paul did get snaps in the backfield lined up in the FB spot. Of course we didn't have a fullback as a listed position... technicality!

• Like 1

I have a bit of a soft spot for Harmon for some reason, but I’m also very aware he may not make the team.  With that said, I’m not sure why people are so down on him.  I wonder if people would view him differently if he’d taken Richardson’s stats and put up 700-800 yards as a rook?

1) His stats were very comparable to Cam Sims.  Sims was clearly better in terms of YAC, but adjusting for snap percentage played, Harmon’s stats were almost identical in yardage, drop %, first downs and qb rating.

2) Harmon was a rookie vs Sims in his 3rd year - I’m not entire sure why they seem to be viewed so differently.

3) Harmon excels at the contested catches, which could fit how Fitzpatrick plays

4) He got wide open vs zone quite often (vs man was a very different story, but his ball skills help there)

5) He’s a very good blocker

6) He’s got great intangibles - work ethic, mindset especially (his college S/C coach, for example, said Harmon’s probably the hardest working player he’s ever worked with)

7) IIRC he played well on teams

Setting aside health for a moment... oddly enough, I could see Harmon making the team coming down to if our defense switches to man.  If coaches are seeing him in man coverage all the time in practice, they might not appreciate his value.  If we stick to mostly zone, it could swing the other way.  Of course, it’s also possible they do move to man and Harmon’s contested catch ability allows him to shine a bit more than Sims.

I’m looking forward to seeing who we land in the draft though, and I’m hoping/expecting they will push Sims and Harmon down the depth chart or even off the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2