PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Cole Holcomb LB North Carolina

I am excited to see...ColeHole? Rookies in their first games hearts a pounding MAX adrenaline has them overrun plays or get burned by PA but who cares lets see the kid learning on the job right before our eyes.

Hopefully Ryan lets him blitz early in the game.... easy reads to help him get his feet wet and overcome the nerves. GO GET WENTZ.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

He impressed me, he had a couple of tackles behind the LOS and looked very quick. 9 combined tackles on the day, not bad rook. Not bad at all

• Like 3

Cole showed some good things Sunday.  He also took a few really bad angles in the early third quarter.

Coach em up, Greg!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cole showed some good things Sunday.  He also took a few really bad angles in the early third quarter.

Coach em up, Greg!

He had a play where he got completely swallowed up by an offensive lineman and the next play he took the wrong angle and gave the Eagles a huge run up the gut. 

Made some plays too though, kinda what I expect out of a rookie. 

With more experience I think he'll be good. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

With more experience I think he'll be good. 

He also needs a bit more "NFL strength".  His quickness, awareness, and hustle should keep him on the field.

Edited by Leonard Washington

He was the only ILB to flash multiple times on Sunday. This group is still an issue, it’s better, but still not great. Would love to see more from Bostic and SDH. 

29 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

He also needs a bit more "NFL strength".  His quickness, awareness, and hustle should keep him on the field.

That scares me on the redskins. Our players can never seem to put on weight without greatly sacrificing speed and flexibility. I'd rather have the speed.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, sportjunkie07 said:

That scares me on the redskins. Our players can never seem to put on weight without greatly sacrificing speed and flexibility. I'd rather have the speed.

It was mentioned on another thread that the skins never develop anybody.  Either they come and excel as they are or they wash out, but they very rarely get better.

• Like 1

I haven't seen much Carolina football, so I wasn't familiar this Holcomb............but this kid looks really good. Keim thinks he's the real deal and is going to be very, very good. I believe in Keim.

@Skinsinparadise I know you and I have talked about the impact of MLB spots, particularly seeing Dallas’ success with legit talent there.  How cool would it be to have a later round pick fill that.  

• Like 1

Look at how fast Montez's first steps are on the play Cooley and Jay are watching.  The people talking about him being slow and stiff are crazy.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Look at how fast Montez's first steps are on the play Cooley and Jay are watching.  The people talking about him being slow and stiff are crazy.

I haven't zoned in on him rewatching that game but I noticed PFF gave him a decent score.

16 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sweat had a below average game. PERIOD.

Multiple times to register his presence in the game, ZILCH.

Ooh, Wentz just completed yet another 3rd and forever. 😢

40 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Sweat had a below average game. PERIOD.

Multiple times to register his presence in the game, ZILCH.

Ooh, Wentz just completed yet another 3rd and forever. 😢

He was average.  It was his first game.  And the people who called him slow and stiff are just dead ass wrong.

• Like 1