Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Cole Holcomb LB North Carolina

PCS

I am excited to see...ColeHole? Rookies in their first games hearts a pounding MAX adrenaline has them overrun plays or get burned by PA but who cares lets see the kid learning on the job right before our eyes.

Hopefully Ryan lets him blitz early in the game.... easy reads to help him get his feet wet and overcome the nerves. GO GET WENTZ.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cole showed some good things Sunday.  He also took a few really bad angles in the early third quarter.

Coach em up, Greg!

He had a play where he got completely swallowed up by an offensive lineman and the next play he took the wrong angle and gave the Eagles a huge run up the gut. 

Made some plays too though, kinda what I expect out of a rookie. 

With more experience I think he'll be good. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

He also needs a bit more "NFL strength".  His quickness, awareness, and hustle should keep him on the field.

That scares me on the redskins. Our players can never seem to put on weight without greatly sacrificing speed and flexibility. I'd rather have the speed.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, sportjunkie07 said:

That scares me on the redskins. Our players can never seem to put on weight without greatly sacrificing speed and flexibility. I'd rather have the speed.

It was mentioned on another thread that the skins never develop anybody.  Either they come and excel as they are or they wash out, but they very rarely get better.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Look at how fast Montez's first steps are on the play Cooley and Jay are watching.  The people talking about him being slow and stiff are crazy.

Sweat had a below average game. PERIOD.

Multiple times to register his presence in the game, ZILCH.

Ooh, Wentz just completed yet another 3rd and forever. 😢

40 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Sweat had a below average game. PERIOD.

Multiple times to register his presence in the game, ZILCH.

Ooh, Wentz just completed yet another 3rd and forever. 😢

He was average.  It was his first game.  And the people who called him slow and stiff are just dead ass wrong.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Doesn't get enough mentions unless it's how awful our linebackers room is if you take away Jamin Davis, but he's going to be invaluable to Jamin Davis. Never in the wrong gap, diagnoses quickly, can help him get lined up, takes on blockers in his gap with conviction to allow his teammates to scrape down the line with less traffic, doesn't freelance, and his triggers are immaculately timed. Classic linebacker other linebackers love to play with.   

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1