Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

6 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Yeah...wr isn’t the best of ideas.  I’m just super curious where he truly is in his recovery and how the coaches value him.  Our running game is lacking.  He’s another youngin with upside.  

We seem fairly snakebitten drafting running backs. Guice, Love, Perine, Matt Jones... i would say our last bonafide hit was Alfred Morris and he only really thrived for a couple years. On the other hand we have better luck picking up sleepers in free agency. I’d almost be more inclined to go that route In the future if Gibson doesn’t work out.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

We seem fairly snakebitten drafting running backs. Guice, Love, Perine, Matt Jones... i would say our last bonafide hit was Alfred Morris and he only really thrived for a couple years. On the other hand we have better luck picking up sleepers in free agency. I’d almost be more inclined to go that route In the future if Gibson doesn’t work out.

100% agree. 

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Just curious and want to know if there’s more depth to your thoughts. 

Never understood this logic, so because of individuals in the past not doing well under their independent circumstances we want Ron and company to this is into account when drafting future players? Its more likely that Gibson does not experience great success in the NFL/Washington. 

Why would we want Ron and company to care about the past of RBs drafted here? 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i am a a big Bryce Love guy but I've gathered based on those who watched practices he needs to regain his explosiveness.  I guess they'd be able to tell in practice.

My gut feeling with him and Charles is we'll see them more in the 2nd half of the season. Charles just can't get healthy

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Just curious and want to know if there’s more depth to your thoughts. 

Never understood this logic, so because of individuals in the past not doing well under their independent circumstances we want Ron and company to this is into account when drafting future players? Its more likely that Gibson does not experience great success in the NFL/Washington. 

Why would we want Ron and company to care about the past of RBs drafted here? 

There’s no statistical analysis or anything, just bad luck. I’m sure it’s not going to stop them as it shouldn’t, but I think a lot of it has to do with the constant turnaround with coaches and schemes and quarterbacks means even having a legit number 1 back is wasted because of how short their playing careers are. IMO drafting a workhorse back early is the last thing we should do because we’ll just end up wasting their primes while we figure out everything else.

Bryce's rehab is going well. No need to worry folks our crack medical team and trainers are working hard with Bryce as we speak.

In fact he was recently filmed showing off his moves earlier this week with workout partner Dwayne Haskins...

Incidentally, Haskins was practicing how to quickly fall to the ground without injuring himself in anticipation of the Ravens pash rush.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully he is the last "He just got his leg chewed off by a t-rex, but... late rd pick, gais!" That we ever draft

The drafting of the malCombs is over forever I hope. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully he is the last "He just got his leg chewed off by a t-rex, but... late rd pick, gais!" That we ever draft

Another one of those “we got a steal” picks that fans love to throw around.

• Like 1

Not sure Love is really hurt. At least not any more than "normal". I know the team felt he needed more time to get back to speed. Hence one reason why he's been inactive. I also know the team needs another LB on the active roster due to injuries. They already called up Norris twice from the practice squad, meaning they could not do it again without waiving him. So suddenly Love's knee flares up to create a roster spot. As Love wasn't active on game days anyhow, no real change. He'll probably be back in 3 weeks or when a roster spot opens up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...