PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

On 6/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, redskinss said:

not sure if its wind or just the assumption that he wont get caught but he definitely seems to pull up a lot at the end of his long runs.

Too many of his highlights show him getting caught when it looked like there was no chance of it happening. 

I noticed that too.... which seems very odd for that I thought was a home run back.  Hopefully it was just conditioning  and can be fixed.  Maybe in those clips he was nursing the injury that eventually gave way. 

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So is there are any data to support this random hot take? Don't get me wrong, this is the right place for such takes. But am curious as to how you came to this conclusion. 

I like Love's potential also but to say he is "probably" our best back is a pretty strong statement. 

In 2017, Love rushed for 2118 yards.  He was 2nd in the nation in rushing and rushing yards per game.  Back to back 250 yard games and a Stanford record with 301 yards in a game.

He won the Doak Walker award as the nations best RB.  He also won the Lombardi Award.  First team All American and runner up to the Heisman in 2017 and he was top candidate for the Heisman n 2018 prior to his injury.

When healthy he had speed and allusiveness to make him a threat every time he touched the ball.

I really like Guice; he has a different running style than Love.  He is a 225lber that runs with a more malicious intent.  His best year in college isn't up to Love's (I understand he played in the SEC).   With his injury that's all we really have to compare. I think he and Love make a great tandom.

AP is a first ballet Hall of Famer.  AP 10 years ago, even 5 years ago was the man.  AP today is not as allusive, not nearly as quick laterally.  Still got some pretty good straight ahead speed but it takes him an extra step or two to get there.  I think he is great for the team, sets a great example for dedication and conditioning, but today is not the threat that a healthy Love or Guice offer.

I am very optimistic about our backfield, if we can get the OL working together we should be able to run the ball.

24 minutes ago, evmiii said:

In 2017, Love rushed for 2118 yards.  He was 2nd in the nation in rushing and rushing yards per game.  Back to back 250 yard games and a Stanford record with 301 yards in a game.

He won the Doak Walker award as the nations best RB.  He also won the Lombardi Award.  First team All American and runner up to the Heisman in 2017 and he was top candidate for the Heisman n 2018 prior to his injury.

When healthy he had speed and allusiveness to make him a threat every time he touched the ball.

I really like Guice; he has a different running style than Love.  He is a 225lber that runs with a more malicious intent.  His best year in college isn't up to Love's (I understand he played in the SEC).   With his injury that's all we really have to compare. I think he and Love make a great tandom.

AP is a first ballet Hall of Famer.  AP 10 years ago, even 5 years ago was the man.  AP today is not as allusive, not nearly as quick laterally.  Still got some pretty good straight ahead speed but it takes him an extra step or two to get there.  I think he is great for the team, sets a great example for dedication and conditioning, but today is not the threat that a healthy Love or Guice offer.

I am very optimistic about our backfield, if we can get the OL working together we should be able to run the ball.

First, thank you for the well thought out and detailed response. Not sure I completely agree but fair enough on the thought process. I can certainly follow the logic. 

The only thing I might say is that I agree he "could" be the best - but not sure we know enough since both he and Guice are coming back from injury so say "probably". But that is just nuance. Again, thanks for the great response 

• Like 1

Was listening to I think the John Keim report and they mentioned something that was good to hear regarding Love.  Apparently his ACL tear was one of the cleanest tears the doctors had ever seen and that should help with his rehab and healing time table. They still see him as starting on PUP, but it's conceivable that he could be called up mid-to-late season. Especially if there are injuries to the RB room and Chris Thompson in particular in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Do we have any status on him, is he definitely out this year or is it a wait and see situation?

Bryce and Guice, I want to see it.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

I think Thompson and AP are gone after this year no matter what. At least one of Love/ Guice should work out 🤞

• Like 1

Does Love had hands back grade hands?

His stats point to a lug the mail guy but his stature tells me he may be more cut from the scat back cloth.  Only 6 catches in his monster season followed up by 20 in 10 games in 2018.

Maybe in 2020 he and Guice will be largely sharing duties... but my question remains... can he be an all down back, if even for every other series. Sure coaches like to have 1 back and backs always say they need their touches, but the wear and tear angle coupled with 2 guys deserving.... maybe they will be my next fantasy which Skin to start nightmare one day.

Posted (edited)

I saw a writer (who's not well-known but he's highly respected) say that Love was in the mix for kick or punt returns.

That must mean he will be ready for the season, health-wise.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I saw a writer (who's not well-known but he's highly respected) say that Love was in the mix for kick or punt returns.

Seems sketchy. He's not even healthy enough to practice yet, not even walk throughs. So I don't see how anyone is saying he's in the mix for return duties. Feels premature and more like a guess. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Like this if true but like Conn said health is the issue and I wouldn't be surprise to see him in the PUP when the season started.

That time of the night where you begin to dream big about the future. I hope our recent emphasis on running out of three receiver sets continue. 

The future of Mclauren,  Harmon and Quinn who all are willing blockers combined with the speed of Love is something to look forward to. The timing of our young assets at the skill positions could mesh well with Haskins. The intrigue of Love next off-season into training camp should be fun.

I thought our running back rotation would be similar to what the Saints used to do with Kamara and Ingrim. Jay seems to prefer to have a lead back who gets a few breaks as opposed to sharing the workload.  Guice and to a little lesser extent Love should be three down backs so tipping our hand shouldn't be as much of an issue as the Guice and Peterson dynamic. Hopefully we can find a way to give each 15 touches a game and save both of their knees.

Anyone have any words about Bryce Love's status. I believe he was placed on the inactive list until week 6. Week 6 has passed and I am wondering when can we expect him. i am excited to see him play and see potential with his speed and McLaurin to have a good offense next year.

35 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Wow are you ****ing kidding me. Man this sucks

Always bad news when it comes to being a Redskins fan. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

still a long time till next season, but I don't  expect much.  GMSM's philosophy didn't end up working well while he was here and I don't think the remaining staff should have adopted it once he was gone

14 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Next comes the mysterious bacterial infection 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital-acquired_infection

"In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated roughly 1.7 million hospital-associated infections, from all types of microorganisms, including bacteria and fungi combined, cause or contribute to 99,000 deaths each year.[2] In Europe, where hospital surveys have been conducted, the category of gram-negative infections are estimated to account for two-thirds of the 25,000 deaths each year "

sadly it's not that mysterious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why is Dr. Andrews famed?

Because he was fixing high profile athletes joints in the 80's when people said those players would never play again. Most notably Roger Clemons.

• Like 4