Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

PCS

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Love is going to wear #23.

Is Dunbar changing, or do they wear the same # since they play offense and defense through preseason ?

Maybe it's an indication they don't expect Love to be healthy enough to make it to the regular season roster ?

I'd guess Dunbar has changed his number in this case. Would be pretty weird for a player of Love's caliber, recovering from injury or not, to not get a "real" number. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Would be pretty weird for a player of Love's caliber, recovering from injury or not, to not get a "real" number. 

Yes, it would be.

But at the same time, it seems weird that a rookie would come in and immediately take a veteran's number, especially when it's not the number the rookie wore in college.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, skinny21 said:

Love is saying he thinks he’ll be ready to go by the start or middle of training camp.  Not sure how I feel about that as I pictured him landing on the PUP. 

Players are usually way more optomistic about their prospects of playing than the reality of the situation is.

I don't know how many times in fantasy football, I've read a post-game interview from an injured player who insists he's fine and will be "good to go" next Sunday.

Only to have that player ruled out the next Sunday. :)

Players usually aren't the best source for these things.

I have to wonder what role Peterson my play in the recovery process for Bryce. A huge element of ACL or any significant injury recovery for an athlete is the mental side. Trusting the repair and facing your fear of a re-tear. I've been there. Physically I was back after 9 months, mentally it probably took me twice that amount of time. Peterson was not only a genetic freak in his recovery physically but mentally show me another level of toughness that I certainly don't have. I imagine having Peterson in the room with guice and love is a significant thing from a mentorship standpoint on a lot of levels

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Players are usually way more optomistic about their prospects of playing than the reality of the situation is.

I don't know how many times in fantasy football, I've read a post-game interview from an injured player who insists he's fine and will be "good to go" next Sunday.

Only to have that player ruled out the next Sunday. :)

Players usually aren't the best source for these things.

True enough.  I’m more concerned that he will be healthy enough that the PUP isn’t an option, even if we’re not ready to play him.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I wouldn't expect much from an RB after an ACL so soon. Adrian Peterson is a genetic anomaly. I'd expect him to be a valuable contributor in 2020 though,  with he and Guice 

Me neither.  I’d say there’s a reasonable chance he can contribute some later in the year, but 1) he likely won’t be close to ‘back to normal’ and 2) I’d be really leery of anything more than a handful of touches.  

5 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Ended his letter with ‘I’ll be ready to go by camp’. Interesting... a lot of CP in some of those blocking highlights. 

Damn, I think we have a New Orleans type backfield forming 

2 weeks later and this draft is just now sinking in for me. What if we hit on all 4 offensive players we drafted? There's a lot of promise there....Good God, if Haskins and Love are the players they were in college then we're gonna be good for a long time. And if the two WR's turn into starters then there should be raises given out to our scouting department. 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

2 weeks later and this draft is just now sinking in for me. What if we hit on all 4 offensive players we drafted? There's a lot of promise there....Good God, if Haskins and Love are the players they were in college then we're gonna be good for a long time. And if the two WR's turn into starters then there should be raises given out to our scouting department. 

Having been a NC State fan equally as long as a Redskin fan (1970's) - and watching every single Wolfpack game, just like Redskins, I really don't think fans realize how good Harmon is.  I understand the adjustment period from college to the NFL, but I would not be shocked to see Kelvin do really well.  He was a game changer for NCSU and if our OC was a little brighter he could have put up better stats.  NCSU offense is about balance and rarely, if ever, do we "run up the score" against other teams.  Also, being a Raleigh NC Redskin fan, I watch a lot of ACC and Redskins sports shows.  I think Daniel Jones is a good QB, but watching most Duke games, I am good with the Haskins pick.  I think that both QB's have the potential to be solid.  Jmho. 

41 minutes ago, packskins007 said:

Having been a NC State fan equally as long as a Redskin fan (1970's) - and watching every single Wolfpack game, just like Redskins, I really don't think fans realize how good Harmon is.  I understand the adjustment period from college to the NFL, but I would not be shocked to see Kelvin do really well.  He was a game changer for NCSU and if our OC was a little brighter he could have put up better stats.  NCSU offense is about balance and rarely, if ever, do we "run up the score" against other teams.  Also, being a Raleigh NC Redskin fan, I watch a lot of ACC and Redskins sports shows.  I think Daniel Jones is a good QB, but watching most Duke games, I am good with the Haskins pick.  I think that both QB's have the potential to be solid.  Jmho. 

Welcome to Extremeskins!

7 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

His knee surgery was December 18. I am not a doctor and do not know anything about his recovery. But the start of the season seems optimistic, much less training camp.

Tearing his ACL on the last play of his last game, what a bad break.

A typical recovery is a year and a fast recovery is 9 months. I didn't realize how recently his surgery was. I would 1000% shut him down for the whole year. If he gets back to his 2017 form, it's enormous for our team. Why risk it for this season. Love is the type of guy that looks like he could be one of the 3 best offensive players on a title contending team. Let's not screw it up. 

8 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I haven't gone back through this entire thread to see if it was already mentioned, but it he is reportedly dealing with stiffness in the repaired knee. Doesn't sound like a smooth recovery, no matter what he is saying.

Knee stiffness is common after ACL reconstruction.

Getting Guice and Love in back-to-back drafts is borderline insane.  If/when they are a fully healthy tandem, the rushing attack could become very scary very quickly.  Allowing the Redskins to get both RBs brings to mind what Dwayne Haskins said after being skipped over by several teams needing a QB.  "The NFL done messed up."  I agree.🤫

HTTR!!!!!

I'm ok with Love being upbeat and optimistic about his recovery, nagging psychological worries after an injury often last long than the actual physical rehabilitation does. But him tweeting hopeful thoughts about getting back on the field won't influence anything, sports medicine has evolved radically and they have a much better sense of recovery, evaluation and any attendant issues than they used to. There is no pressing need to hurry him back and a lot of upside to being 100% sure that HE is 100%, so I think that the concerns are overblown. IMO the same thing applies to Guice, we are not "on the cusp" or "one RB away" this year, do this right for the long haul, for the team and for their careers.

24 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Listening to many athletes with knee tears, the common response to how long it takes to trust your knee again is 2-3 years.

Which would explain why Love wasn't drafted until the 4th round.  IMHO, it's a wise investment even if he's not 100% (physically and mentally) until 2020/2021.  We have seen far too many mediocre RBs leaving far too many yards on the field for this team.  Last season, AP reminded us of the value of having a RB who is capable of making something out of nothing and turning an ordinary play into an extraordinary play.  I love the Love pick!!!!! 

Archived