Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm all excited now.  Loved that video of him getting the call, loved seeing the Baldwin comps, his highlight reels.  Seems like a good dude.

Rare combination of speed, size and toughness.  I love the blocking he will provide to the run game and bubble screens. You combine that with the speed to take the top off, positional versatility and special teams. Damn.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, catmandu said:

All right, who the HELL is running the draft war room this year, and why has no major media outlet reported on him or her when they were hired? 😀

Dan Snyder more than likely.  We know him.

J/k,....sort of -- wishing this kid luck.  Seems like a solid pick.

Edited by Probos

11 minutes ago, Probos said:

Dan Snyder more than likely.  We know him.

J/k,....sort of -- wishing this kid luck.  Seems like a solid pick.

I think Dan was definitely involved with the Haskins pick, but after that he probably handed the reigns back. He made his splash and got his guy. He'd get bored with the rest of it.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Dan was definitely involved with the Haskins pick, but after that he probably handed the reigns back. He made his splash and got his guy. He'd get bored with the rest of it.

He was definitely involved with the Haskins pick.  I like Haskins and hope he does well, but Dan making the pick just taints it for me,......I'll shut up now.

Mclaurin looks to be a fast, tough kid -- the Ohio State connection,...I guess it's a good thing but these kids are professionals now and need to learn to play with whomever the football people in the organization deems are the best players for the given situation.  I guess they thought he was the best WR on the board, I hope they're right -- I'd have preferred Miles Boykin, but, what the F do I know.  

Edited by Probos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, zskins said:

Doctson had a good season last year even with our QB situation last year. It would be stupid to let him go this year. See how he does with Keenum or Haskins first. 

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not to mention they get nothing in return if they cut him, but if they keep him and then lose him to free agency next season they at least get a comp pick out of it.

2 hours ago, carex said:

Doctson would have to have an abyssmal camp to be cut this year.   And with the number of   WRs they keep recently we could easily see a group of Richardson, Docton, Quinn, McLaurin, Sims, and Davis.  That would only have us cutting Quick, Chessun and Kidsy, something we've done before, sometimes several times znd Chessun and Kidsy could go to the PS

That's why I made the bold prediction. Because I believe he'll have an abysmal camp compared to the others.

Also, your list of receivers is not complete, because we're not necessarily done adding receivers.

And we likely keep Chesson since he's the ST ace we need.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's why I made the bold prediction. Because I believe he'll have an abysmal camp compared to the others.

Also, your list of receivers is not complete, because we're not necessarily done adding receivers.

Sims, Davis, Quinn, McLaurin

they'd trade him before they cut him.  A first round pick who'd have his fifth year option and who fights for tough catches.  Someone with a better QB would try him out

• Like 1

Good measurables and seems like a solid work ethic.   We suck on special teams so if he can ONLY make that a little better it won't be a bad pick.   I like giving Haskins a guy he knows too.   Seems like a very good pick at this spot.   Probably not the value of the first two picks given draft grade and where selected, but a player you can like having on your team who seems pretty thick and does the dirty little things we don't always excel at :).

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

4 hours ago, carex said:

Sims, Davis, Quinn, McLaurin

they'd trade him before they cut him.  A first round pick who'd have his fifth year option and who fights for tough catches.  Someone with a better QB would try him out

Kelvin Harmon, that's basically what I'm talkin about :)

16 hours ago, Art said:

Good measurables and seems like a solid work ethic.   We suck on special teams so if he can ONLY make that a little better it won't be a bad pick.   I like giving Haskins a guy he knows too.   Seems like a very good pick at this spot.   Probably not the value of the first two picks given draft grade and where selected, but a player you can like having on your team who seems pretty thick and does the dirty little things we don't always excel at :).

I wouldn't say the skins suck on ST... definitely an improvement last year over the last several.

15 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

He reminds me of Pierre Garcon, and that isn't a bad thing at all

Ya and we definitely noticed a difference from having qarcon to not having him..we need a tough hard working wr like that around.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, lavar1156 said:

I'm a little skeptical. He sounds like maybe a more talented Ryan Grant. I'm hoping he has some dog in him and can make plays. 

I think the upgrade in speed alone is huge, McLaurin is a 4.3 guy and Ryan Grant was a 4.6 guy...

• Like 2

Yeah Ryan Grant isn't a fair comparison at all. McLaurin is way more athletic and has much better intangibles. I do like the Garcon comp a lot though. Same size, maybe a little faster although I'm not sure he's as physical (few are). Seems to be similarly tough-minded and competitive.

• Like 2