Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

Another example of how silly it is to bash this front office for the single game performance of one player would be ereck flowers.

If we wasted a pick on sweat we must be geniuses for flowers.

I mean damn to get a pro bowl caliber guard for a couple mil and no compensation, outstanding!

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Von Miller had the exact same stats, except without the TFL, in his first NFL game.

If the team looks at players the way some fans do, no wonder we struggle with talent. 

As fans, you should expect more of the team. Aren’t some of you tired of losing? We have been hearing the same “it’s too early” excuse for years.

It’s this same excuse making that has kept this team medicore for decades now.

I’d rather be pleasantly surprised then continue to be disappointed. Expect more of the players. The team and some fans are so comfortable with average play. No wonder DeSean said what he said. 

This guy has the tools. He is “fast” and long. Needs to show something and show it fast. 

Edited by dyst

35 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Thoughts about this kid after 2 weeks? So far I hear little, I don't know if thats a good thing but I haven't heard rave reviews yet..

A lot of disappointment that he does not have 4 sacks and a game winning fumble recovery for a TD at this stage.

He was a 1st round pick that we traded up for.... ....maybe we can get a 6th or 7th rounder for him and trade him while teams still think he has value? // steps away from the pipe..... 🤪

similar things we heard when Orakpo was new about developing pass rush moves... except Orakpo never actually developed any other moves than the bull rush... But I think every single player out there will have trouble when going against one of the best in Jason Peters...

I just wish Sweat had a full offseason going against Trent Williams as opposed to Flowers/Catalina, etc

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I just wish Sweat had a full offseason going against Trent Williams as opposed to Flowers/Catalina, etc

He went against Penn much of the time. That's no easy task.

Also, Penn was raving about #90, and said he was a young Julius Peppers.

That means a lot coming from a vet like that.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Look at Preston Smith, he was a no show here mostly, now he has 4.5 sacks in 3 games. We need a DC that knows how to use his guys...

I would disagree with you on that.. He had his moments.. The Philly game where he had what 3 sacks on Jason Peters that helped us win the division?? He went from an 8-9 sack per season kinda guy to what 4.5 last year and he wanted THAT kind of money?? Most of us werent mad he left..

2 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I would disagree with you on that.. He had his moments.. The Philly game where he had what 3 sacks on Jason Peters that helped us win the division?? He went from an 8-9 sack per season kinda guy to what 4.5 last year and he wanted THAT kind of money?? Most of us werent mad he left..

I know that he had his moments. That's what made it so frustrating. But even in a contract year with the best cast around him he could not deliver. Maybe he just needed a fresh start but he already has 8 solo tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 interception, 2 passes defended and 1 forced fumble in 3 games. Maybe he will regress to "the norm", but maybe he is also helped by a better defensive scheme where you are not constantly rushing 3-4 guys straight.

8 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I called for them to offer him an extension during the season.  I think he is a good player.  Not a #1 guy you look for but should have been Kerrigan's replacement.  We gotta keep in mind he played RDE against the best LT.  With the Packers he rotates from side to side more.  Not to mention he's really a 4-3 guy instead of 3-4 player.  If his hand was in the dirt and he had no other responsibility to pass rush I felt that he could be a 10 sack guy.

11 hours ago, volsmet said:

Nobody is happy, Redskins fans are disappointed in Sweat, philly fans are mad they don’t have him. Seems about right.

Apparently he’s up near 280lbs now. 

That sack was because Trubiski had such a deep drop and was getting pressure from Kerrigan.  Otherwise Sweat doesn't sniff him.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not overly encouraging...this was the scouts' and coaches' win-now guy to make up for drafting a project in Haskins? Sweat seems to be just as big a project (though one with tools that any future DC would drool over developing). 

On 9/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, CTskin said:

@dyst there's a lot of overreaction on the ES boards, but you win. For you to honestly say the Sweat pick was wasted after only his first nfl game is as ignorant as it gets. 

Take a look at this guy. He was blind as bat when evaluating Sweat. But it’s not a big deal, fans are allowed to be awful talent evaluators who are dumb as a rock. What really sucks is when the front office also lacks the ability to properly evaluate talent.

Sweat continues to suck after FIVE games. Obviously he is a rookie and in no way am I implying he needs to put up hall of fame stats but this guy has been awful from game ONE when anyone with eyes could see it.

There is no accountability on this team. The front office, coaches and fans make excuses for the ****ty play as a whole. 

Edited by dyst