PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Careful quoting posts with video clip things in it packer fan..

I tried to delete it. Am I good now?

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I tried to delete it. Am I good now?

Ya need to click on it and hit the delete button..

Edited by bakedtater1
Remove content

17 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya need to click on it and hit the delete button..

I got it I think. I've done that by accident once before. I get mad at myself for doing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every time i see a video of Haskins throwing, wearing that #7 in a Redskins uniform i get a good feeling of nostalgia . I know people are going to say this is stupid but i feel like little things like this, or say a uniform change can bring good mojo to a team, I dunno maybe wishful thinking. I'm glad Joe T gave the blessing for Haskins to wear the number and I also have to believe that one former league MVP and Super Bowl champion believes in him which is good thing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ohh boy so all eyes on us now huh?..better not screw the pooch gruden!!

Im betting it’ll be Haskins making Gruden look good instead of vice versa if things go well, and I believe they will.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:
*Tweet about Alex Smith/Joe Flacco*

I kinda wonder if it would be smart to hire Alex as a coach once his career is over and hes done doing whatever it is you do once you retire from the NFL. He seems like a really good guy to have around even if its only as another mind for the younger players to learn from. YOu cant have enough of those, and I honestly think we could have more of them than most teams if we tried hard enough. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Im betting it’ll be Haskins making Gruden look good instead of vice versa if things go well, and I believe they will.

God I hope your right

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

God I hope your right

I think we all do. We could use some love from the football Gods for once. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think we all do. We could use some love from the football Gods for once. 

Amen brother!!

Posted (edited)

I put this on another thread but it really belongs here -- yeah no pressure Dwayne.   Seriously the law of averages I think has to kick in after all this time

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/13/dwayne-haskins-jay-gruden-washington-redskins-doug-baldwin-kam-chancellor-seahawks

Washington hasn’t really hit on a first-round quarterback since 1937, when the team picked Sammy Baugh. So no pressure, Dwayne Haskins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/05/13/nfl-redskins-qb-dwayne-haskins-seems-plotting-right-course/1189238001/

Team officials have tried everything. They’ve drafted high-profile passers (Haskins became Washington’s fifth taken in the first round since 1993). They’ve tried aging veterans and journeymen. But none have produced the long-term solution needed to transform the Redskins into a winning franchise.

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

"I think that Jay Gruden and his staff, and the guys upstairs, understand that they really gotta make sure that his foundation is firm, because if you put a quarterback out there before he's ready, and he's kind of a little bit of a project guy – he's only played one full season of college football – you are going to really hurt his progress and the team's progress."

"So that's why I think, yeah, reps are great, but you've still got a lot of boxes you've got to check off, a lot of lessons you've got to learn," Jones added. "And you're better rolling with Case Keenum as your game manager than a kid who's gonna make a lot of disastrous mistakes and then really hurt his confidence."

As for the competition aspect, Jones doesn't foresee team owner Dan Snyder or team president Bruce Allen interrupting the process, despite their history of intervening in coaching affairs.

..."And so, the Redskins are all on the same page, from what I've been able to gather, when it comes to that," Jones said. "It's just gonna depend on how quickly Haskins is ready. And say he's looking good out there and he's learning very quickly, then they'll compete. But I think right now Case Keenum has a big leg up on that starting job."

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-taking-patient-approach-with-dwayne-haskins

Catching up on Haskins media stuff for those interested:

Albert Breer (106.7 and 980) combining both narratives from those shows.  He knows that Jay liked Haskins.  He doesn't know if Jay liked Haskins above other QBs -- in other words he doesn't know how he ranked him versus Jones and others.  He knows that Dan really liked Haskins, too but doesn't know if he drove the pick or not.  He thinks if Jay was opposed to it he'd have listened to him.  He thinks the relationship with the Ohio State Qb coach Day and O'Connell really helped forged things along.

Doug Farrar:  thinks Haskins is good at reading defenses, smart player who processes things fast, goes through progressions and exploits weaknesses in the defenses.  He thinks he's a major project at dealing with handling pressure in a game -- in his mind its a multi year project as to addressing that flaw. 

Keim:  He has a story coming out tomorrow about Jay-Haskins.  He hinted that Jay was taken in part by Haskins ability to set protections.  That point by the way is the same thing Urban Meyer highlighted about Haskins in an interview I watched.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Skinsinparadise I thought it was interesting, in that SI Albert Breer article, how much Jay emphasized a QB's ability to handle pressure.  That's one of the primary knocks on Haskins, so I could see that being something that would give Gruden pause on placing him above other QB's, especially with only 1 year of starting experience, and especially given the need on Jay's part for a QB who could play right away.  Here's the quote:

“Watched every game, every throw that they made, how they handled themselves under pressure,” Gruden said. “That’s the big thing, you try to find good defenses that gave them pressure, see how they handled pressure, and go through all their throws. And if you have more than one season, you go back and watch another season. Dwayne only had one [season], Kyler only had one.”

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@Skinsinparadise I thought it was interesting, in that SI Albert Breer article, how much Jay emphasized a QB's ability to handle pressure.  That's one of the primary knocks on Haskins, so I could see that something that would give Gruden pause on placing him above other QB's, especially with only 1 year of starting experience, and especially given the need on Jay's part for a QB who could play right away.

Yeah I heard Jay talk about it in an interview too that he'd watch the college QBs play against the better teams and watched closely how they handled pressure.  In a 980 interview the other day Jay was asked about Haskins and he said he looked good in minicamp but he also cautioned that he didn't call protections and they didn't mix formations much.  So when he has to do that it will be a better test.

Personally, I am hoping they keep him on the bench for the first 5 games or so -- the schedule is tough early on and I'd rather he'd be ready and not playing the meat of their schedule from day 1.  I am in the camp of I don't like rattling a young QB's confidence early on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I heard Jay talk about it in an interview too that he'd watch the college QBs play against the better teams and watched closely how they handled pressure.  In a 980 interview the other day Jay was asked about Haskins and he said he looked good in minicamp but he also cautioned that he didn't call protections and they didn't mix formations much.  So when he has to do that it will be a better test.

Personally, I am hoping they keep him on the bench for the first 5 games or so -- the schedule is tough early on and I'd rather he'd be ready and not playing the meat of their schedule from day 1.  I am in the camp of I don't like rattling young QB's confidence early on. 

Ditto.  I'm on record that I want him to sit the full year.  I think he's more likely to reach his potential if we do that.  I know it won't happen though, so I'm on board with 5 games if that's the most I can get.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doug Farrar:  thinks Haskins is good at reading defenses, smart player who processes things fast, goes through progressions and exploits weaknesses in the defenses.  He thinks he's a major project at dealing with handling pressure in a game.

Keim:  He hinted that Jay was taken in part by Haskins ability to set protections.  

Bw-HxIhIYAAsElr.jpg

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ditto.  I'm on record that I want him to sit the full year.  I think he's more likely to reach his potential if we do that.  I know it won't happen though, so I'm on board with 5 games if that's the most I can get.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@Skinsinparadise I thought it was interesting, in that SI Albert Breer article, how much Jay emphasized a QB's ability to handle pressure.  That's one of the primary knocks on Haskins, so I could see that being something that would give Gruden pause on placing him above other QB's, especially with only 1 year of starting experience, and especially given the need on Jay's part for a QB who could play right away.  

Jay will be all over Haskins fade away passes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m referring to the passes DH throws while drifting backwards, he does it with some regularity.

Harmon to Dallas:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m referring to the passes DH throws while drifting backwards, he does it with some regularity.

I figured.  But I wanted to showcase my dude Harmon's niche is the real back shoulder fade.  I'd have no excuse to bring it to this thread without twisting your post.  😀

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I figured.  But I wanted to showcase my dude Harmon's niche is the real back shoulder fade.  I'd have no excuse to bring it to this thread without twisting your post.  😀

you-think-youre-excited-You-should-feel-

• Haha 6

Unless Haskins is screaming starting material I imagine we get the word that ck is the week one starter before ota's.