PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, dyst said:

How can you NOT see why buying a Bentley can be alarming. It's not just a car, it's a Bentley. It's not just a Bentley, but a custom one that had his own 'branding' on it. Not just a branding but a branding for a clothes line he has. Hell yes it should set off 'some' alarms given the history this franchise has with the last marketable QB that Snyder liked. Then again, if he becomes a pro-bowl level type QB then it won't matter.

 

You might want to check this out: http://www.haskinsandhaskins.com/

 

His family company does branding among other things for the last 25 years. He comes from a family of wealth and is the CEO of this company. Yeah that should set off whole bunch of alarms...lol

 

I don't understand why people hate or dislike when a player buys stuff. Who cares, not everyone is stupid or becomes stupid when they land on whole bunch of money. 

 

I will say this: Good for Dwayne. He went in the 1st round based on some talent he has and not on the fact that he has a clothing line business.

 

If he fails that is on him and not on what kind of car he bought for himself and his mom.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see another huge red flag with Haskins. There's something else that's very similar about RG3 and Haskins. They're both..... tall.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its like saying your last girlfriend cheated on you and she had a vagina so no more chicks with vaginas cause it gives you PTSD. Only chicks with dicks from now on!!!

 

The last time the Skins drafted a QB in the first round - he was the apple of the owners eye,  with a very involved family (that became a problem) and overboard with branding before he ever threw an NFL pass.  We've drafted a first round QB again who is rumored to be the apple of the owners eye, with a very involved family and all about branding before he throws an NFL pass.

 

Hopefully that's where it ends, but the parallels are there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you even use a comparison like that. They play two different styles. Last I checked Haskins can actually throw a football accurately and isn't known for being a scrambler. Last I checked we are not going to run Haskins out of the option. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

How can you even use a comparison like that. They play two different styles. Last I checked Haskins can actually throw a football accurately and isn't known for being a scrambler. Last I checked we are not going to run Haskins out of the option. 

Please show me where I said they were in any way similar on the field.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, volsmet said:

 

The fact that he showed he was not well developed is irrelevant. 

 

giphy.gif

 

The Kirk haters crack me up. All last year showed was that Cousins is not a top tier QB and underserving of the contract.  Again the point is Grudog took a 4th round QB who had shown little under Shanny and developed him into a pretty good, if horribly flawed in the big moments, QB who people thought enough of to offer him a huge contract.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

 

The last time the Skins drafted a QB in the first round - he was the apple of the owners eye,  with a very involved family (that became a problem) and overboard with branding before he ever threw an NFL pass.  We've drafted a first round QB again who is rumored to be the apple of the owners eye, with a very involved family and all about branding before he throws an NFL pass.

 

Hopefully that's where it ends, but the parallels are there. 

 

Which of those things you listed do you think caused his injuries?

 

Took out the snark my b

Edited by Llevron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what I learned from this thread is that Haskins buying a car and having a brand means he must be RG3.

 

By the way, you guys should see this sweet alarm clock I bought. When it goes off in the morning, it makes the sun come up. I swear every time that alarm clock goes off, I see the sun start to come up. Y’all are lucky I bought this thing because otherwise the sun would never come up in the morning. 

 

Seriously, that’s what some of these arguments sound like on the last few pages. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You desperately need a xanax.  I don't see anyone in here calling him a self centered POS nor spending so much time looking for any little thing to **** about.  The only person '****ing' is the guy whining that a radio personality saw the purchases as a red flag.  I merely concurred that for me personally, when I saw the clip of the Bentley purchase - it made me raise an eyebrow and can understand why others would as well.  You can feel free to only worry about whether the guy can play or not all you want - to each their own.  But miss me with how I'm supposed to see things because you say so.

 

I appreciate your concern for my mental health but it's just fine thank you. 

 

I believe that seeing him buying a car - any car for himself after getting an $8.5M signing bonus with another $6M+ guarantee over the next 4 yrs as anything other than he just bought a car is looking for anything to **** about. You are clear to do just that but I also get to voice my thoughts. 

 

And then invoking Robert is if there may be a connection is to suggest he is a self centered narcissistic POS since that's what people were calling Robert at the time. 

 

But in fairness this is Extreme Skins so moving on:

 

Image result for i am going crazy gif

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

You are a smart guy. Which of those things you listed do you think caused his injuries?

I'm not of the belief that Griffin only failed in the NFL due to his injury.

 

I feel like I need to make this very clear here though, I am well aware that Griffin and Haskins couldn't be more different as players.  My only point was that I understand fans giving pause to the similarities between the two players off the field to this point in Haskins very short life as an NFL player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I believe that seeing him buying a car - any car for himself after getting an $8.5M signing bonus with another $6M+ guarantee over the next 4 yrs as anything other than he just bought a car is looking for anything to **** about. You are clear to do just that but I also get to voice my thoughts. 

I found your tangent to be more the '****ing' variety than me simply saying it made me 👀 and can understand why others might 👀 just the same.  ****ing would be actually going on a tangent that it means he's an awful person, making it an awful pick, that is sure to bust.  I don't see anyone here saying anything like that, that's merely you projecting and using it as a launching point to go off on a tangent.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess, you guys. I mean i understand it. Its just stupid. It was stupid when you complained about it 7 years ago. Its still stupid. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KDawg said:

 

I think you're covered in shadows brother. You trust the narrative, spun by the media, that Jay didn't want the guy, but you don't trust the narrative, spun by the media, that he does. 

 

These things are almost always more complex than any author knows or can convey. I think people worrying about whether or not he was Jay's guy are just giving themselves a headache unnecessarily. Whether it was Dan/Bruce/Kyle/Jay/O'Connell or whoever doesn't matter much. It's all conjecture. And there's tons of spin. 

 

Listening to Gruden after the draft, I think he wanted Sweat with our first pick. He alluded to the loss of Preston Smith, the need to fill that void, and then Sweat being heavily discussed when we were on the clock.

 

To the credit of the collective draft room, we jumped back up for Sweat and I think in hindsight, irrespective of which way around they were selected, everyone, Gruden included, will be completely stoked with our first two picks.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

 

To the credit of the collective draft room, we jumped back up for Sweat and I think in hindsight, irrespective of which way around they were selected, everyone, Gruden included, will be completely stoked with our first two picks.

 

 

I'd add to this that Gruden is not used to getting production from first rounders

2014 - no pick

2015 - Rouller - a guard

2016 - Doctson - didn't play much his first year

2017 - Allen - Didn't play much his first year

2018 - Payne - Great rookie year. 

 

Go with a QB who may need to sit and that's 5 out of 6 years that he's not had an impact player. And He would have never gotten impact from a non-lineman. Lines are great but he needs help elsewhere and I can see him wanting to win now more than playing the lottery with a QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

 

I'd add to this that Gruden is not used to getting production from first rounders

2014 - no pick

2015 - Rouller - a guard

2016 - Doctson - didn't play much his first year

2017 - Allen - Didn't play much his first year

2018 - Payne - Great rookie year. 

 

Go with a QB who may need to sit and that's 5 out of 6 years that he's not had an impact player. And He would have never gotten impact from a non-lineman. Lines are great but he needs help elsewhere and I can see him wanting to win now more than playing the lottery with a QB. 

I believe you mean Scherff in 2015?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I guess, you guys. I mean i understand it. Its just stupid. It was stupid when you complained about it 7 years ago. Its still stupid. 

I'd totally get where you are coming from if you never had anything to say about what players do off the field...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

 

I'd add to this that Gruden is not used to getting production from first rounders

2014 - no pick

2015 - Rouller - a guard

2016 - Doctson - didn't play much his first year

2017 - Allen - Didn't play much his first year

2018 - Payne - Great rookie year. 

 

Go with a QB who may need to sit and that's 5 out of 6 years that he's not had an impact player. And He would have never gotten impact from a non-lineman. Lines are great but he needs help elsewhere and I can see him wanting to win now more than playing the lottery with a QB. 

 

This would be my guess, too.  It dovetails off of part of the refrain that the beat guys have said leading up to the draft -- and if anyone doesn't want to believe them than Jay said the same publicly which is he wanted a player who helped him win now. 

 

The reason why i buy the narrative that Jay was satisfied in the end once they got Sweat was he ended up getting an additional first rounder who at least in theory can help him win now anyway.  So I get the idea of the people who cover the team saying behind the scenes it was a win win for everyone and Jay has no complaints. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This would be my guess, too.  It dovetails off of part of the refrain that the beat guys have said leading up to the draft -- and if anyone doesn't want to believe them than Jay said the same publicly which is he wanted a player who helped him win now. 

 

The reason why i buy the narrative that Jay was satisfied in the end once they got Sweat was he ended up getting an additional first rounder who at least in theory who can help him win now anyway.  So I get the idea of the people who cover the team saying behind the scenes it was a win win for everyone and Jay has no complaints. 

I think this is where you and i disagree because I think while Jay feels the desire for a "now" player, he's sounding like a coach and devaluing the purpose of the draft in itself, which is to build for the future. The Sweat deal was the icing on the cake and its good that (if) it satisfied Jay. 

 

But I don't think Jay is as binary as these reports portray him and that he was in this "coach speak" of we need vets. I respect Jay's talent evaluation and the idea that he'd say something to Kyle like "I'd want a pass rusher first, maybe a ILB second, Jones is my top QB, and after that Haskins". I could easily see that being a statement from Jay, and the idea that Haskins isn't in his top three or isn't his top overall choice, could lead to the statements that Jay doesn't want Haskins, but I'd say its more that he has other layers he likes more. 

 

And I honestly think its like the Quinn stuff last year where Doug said Jay was screaming for him and they had to tell him to calm down. Doesn't mean they didn't like a guy like SDH, but he wanted Quinn and was afraid we wouldn't get him. But there's a reason Kyle is running the draft. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

This would be my guess, too.  It dovetails off of part of the refrain that the beat guys have said leading up to the draft -- and if anyone doesn't want to believe them than Jay said the same publicly which is he wanted a player who helped him win now. 

 

The reason why i buy the narrative that Jay was satisfied in the end once they got Sweat was he ended up getting an additional first rounder who at least in theory can help him win now anyway.  So I get the idea of the people who cover the team saying behind the scenes it was a win win for everyone and Jay has no complaints. 

 

I agree on all points.

 

One thing that slightly worries me about this whole thing is, given the extreme need at getting a pass rusher that could help us right away (and pleasing the coaches in the process), how much extra risk were we willing to take when it comes to Sweat's heart condition.  I know there are reports out there that he was misdiagnosed, but its a fact that he was still off multiple teams' boards.  As a result, part of me wonders just how much risk we were willing to take compared to the rest of the league.

 

Like I said though, it's only a slight concern.  I'm hoping it pays off.  I'm actually expecting it to pay off and applaud them for making the pick.  The problem is, I'm doing that based on an incomplete set of information... namely, his medical.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that video clip, it feels like Jay is trying hard to contain his excitement about Haskins. He knows he just found the guy that’s gonna save his bacon.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think this is where you and i disagree because I think while Jay feels the desire for a "now" player, he's sounding like a coach and devaluing the purpose of the draft in itself, which is to build for the future. The Sweat deal was the icing on the cake and its good that (if) it satisfied Jay. 

 

But I don't think Jay is as binary as these reports portray him and that he was in this "coach speak" of we need vets. I respect Jay's talent evaluation and the idea that he'd say something to Kyle like "I'd want a pass rusher first, maybe a ILB second, Jones is my top QB, and after that Haskins". I could easily see that being a statement from Jay, and the idea that Haskins isn't in his top three or isn't his top overall choice, could lead to the statements that Jay doesn't want Haskins, but I'd say its more that he has other layers he likes more. 

 

And I honestly think its like the Quinn stuff last year where Doug said Jay was screaming for him and they had to tell him to calm down. Doesn't mean they didn't like a guy like SDH, but he wanted Quinn and was afraid we wouldn't get him. But there's a reason Kyle is running the draft. 

 

Am having a hard time following the point.  You said Jay is devaluing the purpose of the draft by thinking about now versus the future -- and then you seem to explain that Jay has some positive bent to his motives that might not be that obvious?

 

Hard for me to pick up on where we disagree because I am not quite sure what point you are making.   But if it helps to clarify my position, I got no beef with Jay relating to any of the narratives in the context of the pick.   Actually I don't really have a beef with anyone period aside from some concern of how things play out in the future. 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

 

The last time the Skins drafted a QB in the first round - he was the apple of the owners eye,  with a very involved family (that became a problem) and overboard with branding before he ever threw an NFL pass.  We've drafted a first round QB again who is rumored to be the apple of the owners eye, with a very involved family and all about branding before he throws an NFL pass.

 

Hopefully that's where it ends, but the parallels are there. 

 

Except Haskins family been in the branding game for the last 25 years, that would be before Haskins was born and later in life became the CEO and his dad is the President. So he put his cloth line brand name on his new car. I think you are trying to compare Apples and Oranges here. Also Dan son's wen to school with him so yeah maybe he knew Haskins before the draft. Again two different stories. Will they yield the same results that really depends on Haskins rather than on Dan or him buying a car with his company's logo branded on the seats. I am pretty sure RG3 didn't brand RG3 until after he was drafted. Again totally two different stories here.

 

Just something for you to think about. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd totally get where you are coming from if you never had anything to say about what players do off the field...

 

Ugh. Who is arguing that? Certainly not me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

The Kirk haters crack me up. All last year showed was that Cousins is not a top tier QB and underserving of the contract.  Again the point is Grudog took a 4th round QB who had shown little under Shanny and developed him into a pretty good, if horribly flawed in the big moments, QB who people thought enough of to offer him a huge contract.  

 

Kirk not being good at tackle football is a testament to the work Jay did with him, no doubt. Jay, in a few short years, turned Kirk into Keenum-extra-medium. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.