PCS

Welcome to the Redskins Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Eli is a two time superbowl QB, if it was Case up their Jones would be starting day 1, they are rebuilding.  You know what makes a line look better then it is? A QB who constantly adjusts protection schemes like Haskins did at Ohio State, he loves that and needs to learn how to do it with our guys. 

You're a hater, I've seen the light on Dak.  Hes no Peyton, but he doesnt need to be he can win games, watched him do it.  Our oline is regarded as one of the beat in the NFL when healthy, and now we got more depth that I trust then we've had in a while.  Jay wants to run the ball because that's what our strength is right now, rb compared to we and I dont blame him, that's soooooo much better then forcing a square peg in a round hole.

Were you at the eagles game? I was, it was one of the most miserable sports experiences of my life, people dont want to pay to do that anymore.  As a fan, I DEMAND something be do be about it and having a future franchise QB from the area is a helluva start.  I dont care if that doesnt matter to you, it matters to me and matters to a lot of people.

You seem to be under the impression Alex wasn't that bad so Case being jus a tad worse wont be a big deal.  Tape dont lie, they were both garbage last year.  The only thing that kept us from not benching Alex is he wasn't turning the ball over, and we still was considering doing it before he got hurt.

Either we have solid oline for Haskins to play behind or we dont, dude, make up your mind : /

Trent Dilfer is also a Superbowl champion. Have you seen Eli recently? Just curious. So you think Haskins is going to come in, start, and have the ability to change protection schemes straight away? Man you have some high expectations. Here's the thing, we just had TWO of our QBs injured behind this line last season with season ending injuries. I don't want that happening to Haskins, he shouldn't start until he's ready and this OL can prove it's no longer injury prone and can go back to being pretty decent. 

I'm not a hater, Dak has the pleasure of playing behind an amazing offensive line along with a superstar RB. He gets the job done for the team when he's protected, but he's just not super accurate down field passing, and things really start to crumble when there's a bit of pressure. He's literally just a piece of the puzzle. We obviously have different opinions on him I guess. Jay wanting to run the ball is cool, I still don't see why Keenum can't do that. If Haskins by all means is FAR AND AWAY the better QB then yes, start him. If he's not, why put the worse player out on the field, why risk injury. He can get every play broken down for him on the sideline, and truly get a better understanding on the mental aspect of the game. 

I would never go to a Redskins game currently. From everything I've read, it's a terrible experience currently so I wouldn't waste my Sunday doing it. As a fan going to the games, you (all of us fans) really aren't anything more than just guys filling up Dan Snyders pockets and buying his overpriced beer. I don't think he cares what we demand to be honest. This team cannot repeat what happened to RG3, that would put this team in the darkest place it's ever been. Patience with Haskins is key. 

They were both garbage, and we were still 6-3 with Alex Smith before his terrible injury. I don't think Case needs to do much to replicate that, this is just buying time for Haskins.  Also on your last bit, just because I'm skeptical about our OL doesn't mean I feel that way about the rest of the roster.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I think our roster is pretty good too, but that is a brutal start to our season next year.  I think if we’re 2-3 after the first five games, we should consider ourselves lucky.  I only see the Giants game as a solid win in that five game stretch to open the season.  We might beat the Cowboys too, but that game is always a coin flip at best.  We’re losing at Philly, at home against the Bears (it’s Monday Night Football, we NEVER win at home on MNF), and we’ll get clobbered at home against the Patriots Week 5.

There's two sides to every story.  You're telling a bias to one side of it.  Every year Defenses are ahead of offenses.  Skins have one of the top front 7 in the NFL via talent and youth and years of continuity via the Bama history.  There's just as much argument for the beginning of the year to be to the Skins advantage vs anything.  Since NFC East games are always 50/50 in any year or week, the 2-3 or 3-2 arguments are similar.  NE typically loses 1 or 2 games in the first 4 weeks, but by week 5 they're getting it together, so that's likely a L (no argument there).  Skins don't win on MNF as a religion and specifically at home.  Should the Skins Defense outperform in the opener, then I'd bet on 3-2 start and a loss would move it to the other side of the coin at 2-3 expectation imo.  Don't forget that PHI has lost Wentz to injury every year and the last one was a back breaker.  He's still not 100% and they're just as likely to stumble on offense as anyone out the gate.

Edited by TheShredder
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Trent Dilfer is also a Superbowl champion. Have you seen Eli recently? Just curious. So you think Haskins is going to come in, start, and have the ability to change protection schemes straight away? Man you have some high expectations. Here's the thing, we just had TWO of our QBs injured behind this line last season with season ending injuries. I don't want that happening to Haskins, he shouldn't start until he's ready and this OL can prove it's no longer injury prone and can go back to being pretty decent. 

Theres no telling when they will have all the starters on the line replaced with players that arent injury prone.  That's rediculous and I hate when yall ask if I watch the games.  Eli had one of his best years stats wise, did you look that up or jus guess it wasn't based on what you saw?

I'm not a hater, Dak has the pleasure of playing behind an amazing offensive line along with a superstar RB. He gets the job done for the team when he's protected, but he's just not super accurate down field passing, and things really start to crumble when there's a bit of pressure. He's literally just a piece of the puzzle. We obviously have different opinions on him I guess. Jay wanting to run the ball is cool, I still don't see why Keenum can't do that. If Haskins by all means is FAR AND AWAY the better QB then yes, start him. If he's not, why put the worse player out on the field, why risk injury. He can get every play broken down for him on the sideline, and truly get a better understanding on the mental aspect of the game. 

Amari Cooper said wats up.  And unless Jay wants mutiny, he better start best player.

I would never go to a Redskins game currently. From everything I've read, it's a terrible experience currently so I wouldn't waste my Sunday doing it. As a fan going to the games, you (all of us fans) really aren't anything more than just guys filling up Dan Snyders pockets and buying his overpriced beer. I don't think he cares what we demand to be honest. This team cannot repeat what happened to RG3, that would put this team in the darkest place it's ever been. Patience with Haskins is key. 

Our mistake with Griffin was drafting him, not putting him out there too early.

They were both garbage, and we were still 6-3 with Alex Smith before his terrible injury. I don't think Case needs to do much to replicate that, this is just buying time for Haskins.  Also on your last bit, just because I'm skeptical about our OL doesn't mean I feel that way about the rest of the roster.

A skin of our teeth 6-3, could easily of be 3-6 with that QB play.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Anyway, I'm guessing the comparison for Haskins is somewhere between Leftwich and Roethlisberger and nobody agrees on where, is that correct

Colt McBrennan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Good stuff.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, mistertim said:

Yup.

You are reading this entirely wrong.

Blend waiting for the questions to end with

Answering the question immediately with

Rubbing his chin/neck with

The way the words came out of his mouth and his facial expressions and the content of his points.

The entirety of it all tells the story: which confirms that he was and is very confident in the rookie and his mobility.

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

There's two sides to every story.  You're telling a bias to one side of it.  Every year Defenses are ahead of offenses.  Skins have one of the top front 7 in the NFL via talent and youth and years of continuity via the Bama history.  There's just as much argument for the beginning of the year to be to the Skins advantage vs anything.  Since NFC East games are always 50/50 in any year or week, the 2-3 or 3-2 arguments are similar.  NE typically loses 1 or 2 games in the first 4 weeks, but by week 5 they're getting it together, so that's likely a L (no argument there).  Skins don't win on MNF as a religion and specifically at home.  Should the Skins Defense outperform in the opener, then I'd bet on 3-2 start and a loss would move it to the other side of the coin at 2-3 expectation imo.  Don't forget that PHI has lost Wentz to injury every year and the last one was a back breaker.  He's still not 100% and they're just as likely to stumble on offense as anyone out the gate.

Ding, ding,ding, you win this page............

April angst is such a self-inflicted wound, no one has any idea what the team will look like by opening day at this point. We are all sifting tea leaves to try and sound schmart but it's a game with no meaningful winner or trophy right now.

Our D is looking better, injuries healed, a year under their belt, some interesting changes and upgrades in the front 7, they could easily start hard off the blocks and punch a couple teams in da mout. A solid start with a boost in confidence and our D might surprise a lot of people.

The other side of the ball has a lot of panties bunched and chafing. The O line is solid, we have assembled some good talent up front and again, added some new pieces that can make it interesting. Haskins is going to have to earn a start, and TBH that's asking a lot based on his CV but stranger things have happened. Let's see how he handles our rush in camp, and what the running game looks like before any of us sit in the tub with a razor blade, 'k?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres no telling when they will have all the starters on the line replaced with players that arent injury prone. 

One thing's sure, that won't be this year as we got no T replacment in the draft and lost NSekhe to FA...

13 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

One thing's sure, that won't be this year as we got no T replacment in the draft and lost NSekhe to FA...

Think that's where Flowers comes in.

Posted (edited)

Why i say he reminds me more of Marino than Leftwhich, is that Leftwhich had a  weird slow release.    Dwayne has a quick release.   More like Marino.    He plays a second faster.   And a second in the NFL is an eternity.

Edited by Newera
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Flowers and the guy we drafted in the third round last year maybe?

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

Flowers was a failure at T (and an urgency pick from the Giants after we picked up Scherff). And our other guys are either playing G/C not T at all...

• Sad 1

What’s the consensus on Haskins’ arm strength? 

Elite

Great

Good

Above average

Is it Mathew Stafford and Newton level? 

Ive watched videos, but don’t possess a mental spectrum of all QBs arm strength. 

11 hours ago, volsmet said:

He’s nothing like Big Ben was. He wouldn’t be a top 5 QB next year, much less a top 5 pick.

Called it in January.

Unless you take Webster’s definition of interesting seriously. 

That’s silly. 

Mitch stinks.

Imagine the leaks if Jones had gone to Bullis.

Okay I can ignore reality too, but he he is 100% a top 5-10 pick next season if he had gone back to Ohio State and put up even 85% of his production from last year

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Elite

Great

Good

Above average

Ive watched videos, but don’t possess a mental spectrum of all QBs arm strength. 

I'd say great, but not elite. Much, much more than adequate but not Brett Farvre/Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m probably alone in this but I would personally redshirt him this season unless he is FAR and away the best QB on the roster. And I mean he has to be torching our D in practice to the point that I can’t even make the argument. Even then, his history shows you that he is a cerebral player and he is at his best when he knows everything that is happening on the field. He won’t have that game one if by game 16. He sat for two years basically and once he got his shot he did about as good as anyone could. I would try and replicate that while building a roster, rather than rush him out because he’s our best shot right now. Feel like that is his best shot at success and our best shot at success is him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Flowers was a failure at T (and an urgency pick from the Giants after we picked up Scherff). And our other guys are either playing G/C not T at all...

Good point on him sucking at tackle and likely moved inside.  I dont want to say at least we got Christian...but between him and Flowers Challahan has more to work with then he did last year.

I dont feel great but better then last year, and praise God we finally addressed the interior, which I think is worse when it goes bad.  You can ar least put a TE with a tackle, theres little you can do with pressure up the middle

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'd say great, but not elite. Much, much more than adequate but not Brett Farvre/Aaron Rodgers. 

He's got a super quick release and it looks like he just flicks his wrist and it's out.  I think that will serve him well once he adjusts to the speed of the game.

The argument over if Haskins is ready to start or not is crazy. This team went 6-3 last year with a QB who wouldnt throw the ball to a WR. The defense carried us for the first 7 weeks of the season. And this defense has been improved SIGNIFICANTLY in the off season. Haskins is perfectly capable of coming in and handing the ball off the same as Smith did last year. Throw in a few play action medium or deep shots and you CAN have a winning formula. Dont forget RG3 in 2012. He played in a very run heavy easy read offense. Haskins has a serious head start to RG3 just playing in a pro offense for a full season. And he played against the best defenses in the country last season as well. Once Haskins is put into a competition between Himself, Colt and Keenum that competition will end very quickly. Haskins arm talent is light years better than either of those guys. And just because he didnt play the previous 2 years. He still has 3 years of experience in a pro style offense at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The argument over if Haskins is ready to start or not is crazy. This team went 6-3 last year with a QB who wouldnt throw the ball to a WR. The defense carried us for the first 7 weeks of the season. And this defense has been improved SIGNIFICANTLY in the off season. Haskins is perfectly capable of coming in and handing the ball off the same as Smith did last year. Throw in a few play action medium or deep shots and you CAN have a winning formula. Dont forget RG3 in 2012. He played in a very run heavy easy read offense. Haskins has a serious head start to RG3 just playing in a pro offense for a full season. And he played against the best defenses in the country last season as well. Once Haskins is put into a competition between Himself, Colt and Keenum that competition will end very quickly. Haskins arm talent is light years better than either of those guys. And just because he didnt play the previous 2 years. He still has 3 years of experience in a pro style offense at this point. 

Mark Sanchez was a 5th overall selection.

So much more to playing QB man. 

26 minutes ago, wit33 said:

We can do this all day, but did he come from a pro style offense that fits the one we run here?

It's a valid point that even before he took over he was taking reps in a pro style offense.  He is not as green as some of yall are saying he is, not at all.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Elite

Great

Good

Above average

It's good. Won't be anywhere near a problem. Gets really good zip on his mid range throws. When throwing deep he's got to really set his feet right or he tends to get way too much air under the ball. 

2 hours ago, Newera said:

Why i say he reminds me more of Marino than Leftwhich, is that Leftwhich had a  weird slow release.    Dwayne has a quick release.   More like Marino.    He plays a second faster.   And a second in the NFL is an eternity.

Marino was a gunslinger who threw the ball into tight windows. 

Honestly I'm never going to understand the Marino/Big Ben comparisons. People see a big bodied QB who stands in the pocket and put two and two together. Haskins doesn't take risks with his throws. He's safety first in order to avoid turnovers. He also doesn't thrive when the play breaks down. Ben and Marino are the complete opposite. 

39 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Mark Sanchez doesnt have the arm strength or quick release Haskins has. His release is one of the worst I have ever seen coming out of college for a first round QB. And he took way more risks than Haskins does as well. Now. Sanchez is a better athlete for sure. And was/is a better passer when rolling to his left than Haskins is. But as far as arm talent goes it isnt even close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1