Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If you are drafting in the 4th to fill holes for the upcoming season you might as well forfeit the season. 

talent may start to thin out around the 4th round, but there are always a number of great players taken there.

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Discussion about FO's ability and knowing what they are doing with 4th round picks.

Waiting on a correlation that isn’t arbitrary, but I’m gonna be because one doesn’t exist. One pick does not serve as an indicator for the future success on another. If that’s what you need to do to make things interesting who am I to tell you differently. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

4th Round is officially called Head-Scratcher round for Redskins

Nicholson

Apke

Love

What is your criteria for a head scratcher? Your draft board? 

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Bummed Powers was taken.  Thought he would be a great fit for our scheme, maybe even a day one starter at LG.  

And Haynes, another guard, is gone.

I don't want them to reach, but man I hope bpa meets guard sooner rather than later.

I was hoping we'd pick up Haynes too. Think the better value is now in potential Tackle converts to fill our interior holes. Paul Adams or Derwen Grey?

Cowboys just took a RB. But they dont need one. Anyone scratching their head over that? :)

4th round is for depth guys. You are not LOOKING for starters. If one happens to be one great. But trying to draft for need to fill a hole in the 4th is a disaster waiting to happen.

7 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Plenty of players that better fill needs for this year and beyond including protecting their first round selection. 

I think I'll wait till the rest of the draft plays out before I say that. Glad you've got it all figured out. 

Personally, I would have preferred Ben Powers now and then wait and see of Love falls to this next pick...

But 3 RBs have gone since we took him. Very possible we wouldn't have gotten our guy and will still get a good second option at our next pick. 

Archived