seantaylor=god

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

Or they made a draft board based on watching hundreds more hours of film than guys on their catch. Also they subscribe to the bigger picture theory of stocking as much talent as possible regardless of position on day three, which is the same theory 32 of 32 NFL teams subscribe to. Let’s get a grip people. 

Well until Apke pans out color me skeptical.

Well, thats the must Redskiny pick.  Instead of a G to block for our RB, we took yet another RB with a major leg injury, so now we have 4 RBs with histories of major leg injuries.

Considering the one thing we DONT need at the position for this year is another injured RB, when we already have a strong position with Peterson, Guice, and Thompson, are they basically saying theres not a single OG left in the draft who might be good enough to start?  Because it seems like thats what they must be saying.  And if thats the case, they screwed up by waiting too long.

• Like 1

Just now, nonniey said:

What does that have to do with this pick? 

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont think Love will play this season. he is a replacement for Thompson in 2020. And no denying Loves talent IF he recovers from that knee. I think they could have probably gotten him with our second 4th rounder. But whatever. They obviously are going heavy offensive skill positions this draft.

Yeah, this makes sense.  It's a forward thinking move, I get it.  I'd still like Oline help but I hope that's next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He never developed as a receiver that's true.  But for those that are unfamiliar with him -- they will likely fall hard for him when they watch some of his games-highlights.  The dude looks out of a video game level explosive.  Injury to me is the concern.   If he's healthy IMO he's better than just good -- he will be a super star.

I agree with you. He would have been my number two back behind Barkley last year if he came out. I was stunned he decided to go back to school and it ended up being an awful decision.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Or they made a draft board based on watching hundreds more hours of film than guys on their couch. Also they subscribe to the bigger picture theory of stocking as much talent as possible regardless of position on day three, which is the same theory 32 of 32 NFL teams subscribe to. Let’s get a grip people. 

It was a joke captain obvious

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

What does that have to do with this pick? 

Discussion about FO's ability and knowing what they are doing with 4th round picks.

Edited by nonniey

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Personally I don't care about Marshall. He's replacement-level which will be useful when CT gets hurt. Then we'll have an upgrade ready next year, potentially. 

Thompson himself said that Marshall can do some things that Thompson cannot.

I like Marshall and Kapri but really cmon those guys are nothing special. Guice comes back and we put this guy on PUP for the year and we have 2 rbs for 2020. Just about every team has 2 quality rbs. 

As for taking a guard maybe Flowers is a better option than anyone in the 4th plus we still have one more pick. I rather take a flyer on a speedy wide out. 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Surprised to see future thinking right now, but I like the pick. 

I like it as well. Actually was talking to my brother on Thursday and said I wouldn’t mind seeing the Redskins take him in the 4th. 

Drafting should always be for the future. If drafting to fill holes for next year, will constantly be playing that game. 

Drafting for the future plus solid FA acquisitions is what has built a tremendous nucleus on the defensive side of the ball. Time to do it on offense now. 

• Like 2

interesting too that they decided to pass on both mack wilson (who would boot mason foster off the roster) and deionte thompson (who has a shot as a day 1 starter but will have durability issues due to his build)

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If you need 100% hit rate on draft picks you should avoid the draft all together. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Who are you referring to?

If there are only 2 players taken at a position, per the rules of math, it means the worst case scenario is the 3rd best players is available.  And possibly the best, or 2nd best.

9 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Guys chill out 😂 this is day 3.

Get out of here with that reason stuff.  Our season is ruined.  

(Having said that, I sure would have preferred a different pick.)

• Haha 1

This is an upside pick, he redshirts this year and we have a nice complement to Guice when AD moves on. Guy has elite talent, cannot be said for the majority of day 3 picks.

Love the move. I know we love to complain when we aren't immediately gratified (Oline) but we have 6 picks left. figure at least two of them will be OL.

• Like 3

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know if Hakeem Butler has been drafted yet? He’d be a good pick in the 4th round i think, right?

He was the first pick of this round.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thompson himself said that Marshall can do some things that Thompson cannot.

I think that's true. He's more of a jitterbug than CT. I just don't it equals a starter-level player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know if Hakeem Butler has been drafted yet? He’d be a good pick in the 4th round i think, right?

first pick of the day

I was among the guys leading the cheerleading for Guice on the draft thread a year ago but the dude before him during the college season that I loved more (no pun intended) was Bryce Love.  I got no clue about his injury, that's my concern but otherwise if this dude ends up healthy he might be my favorite pick thus far.   He's not strong like Guice.  But for a smaller dude he's feisty and actually can run between the tackles inside -- one of the most elusive and fast running backs I can ever recall watching in college.