Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Where is he going to fit on our roster this year though ?

AP, Guice, Thompson, and Marshall.

I think they all have jobs.

I don't think we keep 5 RB's.

And I don't think he lasts on the PS.

You don’t draft a guy with a high 4th and then practice squad him, and risk him getting picked up by any other team for nothing. He will be in the roster under the pup or ir 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Agreed. He tore his ACL in December which basically means he's unlikely to be ready to play until mid-season maybe. Even then he'll need to be brought along slowly. Seems like a luxury pick with some quality OL on the board. So we now will have 2 RBs this season coming off of ACL injuries. 

Maybe we're trying to get a jump on claiming the most players on injured reserve trophy  so we can take that title for the 5th time in 6 years.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

IR

Love Bryce Love.  2 years ago he was my draft crush until he decided not to come out.  I commented on the draft thread when I was watching Arcega-Whiteside it was hard to miss that Love still looked explosive albeit on a down year from the season before.

I haven't really thought about Love though much because I kept hearing that the ACL injury will keep him out and heard one report that its not healing well or there was some complication.  but I gather that's false or the Redskins doctors see it otherwise.

If this dude can come back healthy, he's one of the most explosive runners I've ever seen.  Chris Thompson (without being a receiving threat like him, though) on steroids. 

This to me is nothing like the Apke pick.  Love isn't a projection.  He's mega productive though was much better his junior year. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

What about the Christian kid we picked from Louisville last year in the 3rd round (?)?

Is there a chance he gets moved inside to G? 

If there was, I expect we would have moved him last year when the apocalypse happened.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He's fits on IR, that is where already know he is going.

6 minutes ago, nonniey said:

But I don't get it. Of Guice pans out do we really want a commitee? 

Yes. If you aren't a fantasy football owner, you prefer two good RBs to one if you have the choice and it only costs a 4th. 

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You absolutely are, but I think you’re missing the forest through there trees.  The skins picked a QB at 15, and they kinda had to with Haskins dropping to 15.  And QB will always impact the game more than a LG.

Then they used their second to trade up to get what could be an elite pass rusher.  Also, will impact more than a LG.

We can quibble about the 3rd rounder going WR vs  Guard.  However they desperately need help at WR and I’m going to guess they didn’t have a guard as highly rated on their board.  

They moved back 16 spots to pick up a second. 4th rounder, and that’s not a lot at this point. 

Because of the Smith injury and contract situation they HAD to come out of this draft with a potential starter for 2020. Check.

The second biggest need was pass rusher.  Check.

now we get to WR/TE/Guard/Safety.  Shrug.  I have to problem with the approach.  I would like to see them stack at Guard 

I mean, the logic so far can't unfounded considering we can't attack every need.

But swear to God we had this exact same discussion last year and people to chill because we got Christian.  We are doing it again, a running back, I'm not going to with a straight face expect different results.  This is frustrating AF.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

PUP list.  Should be ready to go in in 2020.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know if people are forgetting about Marshall, or under-rating him.

Personally I don't care about Marshall. He's replacement-level which will be useful when CT gets hurt. Then we'll have an upgrade ready next year, potentially. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Gotta have one in the NFL. My one concern with Love is he wasnt really a receiver in Stanford. A beast RB for sure. But how are his hands?

He never developed as a receiver that's true.  But for those that are unfamiliar with him -- they will likely fall hard for him when they watch some of his games-highlights.  The dude looks out of a video game level explosive.  Injury to me is the concern.   If he's healthy IMO he's better than just good -- he will be a super star.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Gruden did, but who says Gruden made this pick? People said Dan Snyder was going to take control of this draft, I bet Snyder was the one who ordered this pick! :P

Dan doesn't give a **** about anything past the 1st round, and more specifically a 1st round QB. That's historically where he's butted in in the past and forced picks. If it isn't a 1st round QB, I don't think Dan is that interested.

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

And Nicholson the year before.  It's like they get together and say"ok guys, it's the fourth round, let's throw the fans a curve ball and mess with them!"

Or they made a draft board based on watching hundreds more hours of film than guys on their couch. Also they subscribe to the bigger picture theory of stocking as much talent as possible regardless of position on day three, which is the same theory 32 of 32 NFL teams subscribe to. Let’s get a grip people. 

I read he had home run speed, and then see all the highlights of Love on ESPN showed him being tackled.  Maybe that was only 2018 highlights. And then I hear that he is a PUP candidate.... AND that Guice's recovery is going slower than expected WTF.

Whatevs the league seems to be trending towards small explosive backs and he fits the bill.  I predict he will be the guy we are all too scared to put on the PS but expect that until his blocking is up to snuff.

I understand the upside of this pick, being able to take a guy in the 4th that may be 1st or 2nd rd talent when healthy but we don't have the best luck when it comes to injuries.

Next year we're gonna need another RB to pair with Guice so if the kid comes back healthy it could be a good find, just a lot of ifs.

Archived