Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

Just now, Bonez3 said:

This morning... we may be an edge rusher away from a super bowl caliber D. To bad we have no prospect at QB

now... This D is in it's prime with blue chip talent every level. Top QB in 2019 draft.

It's a new day

I couldnt imagine a scenario where we got both these guys tonight.

Our FO did good work.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

They must be betting on a really bad season from the Redskins even then that was a cheap deal for us and real cheap if we don't pick in the top 5 next year.

yeah thats a really cheap deal because the Jason Campbell trade was almost the same thing and it cost us a first the next year

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What did you watch Haskins looked thrilled. 

Watched the pick on abc. They put the camera on Haskins and as he hung up he clearly rolled his eyes and looked pissed. Not a smile, then they interviewed him and he was clearly annoyed at being picked late so that’s understandable, but he’s clearly lacking on some maturity level 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wanted either Haskins or a pass rusher opposite Kerrigan, getting both is a miracle.  He can move to OLB, right?

Oh yeah. And a big one at that. 4.4 at 260 pounds! The guy is a beast. But I had taken him off of my board for medical. It appears other teams did as well. I am guessing the Skins doctors cleared him. Giving up next years 2nd actually equates to a third rounder in points. So seems like a good deal to me.

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Watched the pick on abc. They put the camera on Haskins and as he hung up he clearly rolled his eyes and looked pissed. Not a smile, then they interviewed him and he was clearly annoyed at being picked late so that’s understandable, but he’s clearly lacking on some maturity level 

Did you see him when he put the Skins hat on? Also have you seen the article before the draft where he talked about the Redkins and thought something was there. He's a home town kid and wanted to play here. One camera shot doesn't tell you everything. 

Sweat is a starter day one.  I would have been happy with him at 15.  Sounds like Skins knew raiders would take him so they had to trade up.  Basically just gave up next years 2nd to improve our pick in this draft.  If he pans out like Allen has it’s a steel.  Allen fell as did sweat based on iffy medical concerns.  This draft is the epitome of of letting the draft come to you.  Very happy fan.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh yeah. And a big one at that. 4.4 at 260 pounds! The guy is a beast. But I had taken him off of my board for medical. It appears other teams did as well. I am guessing the Skins doctors cleared him. Giving up next years 2nd actually equates to a third rounder in points. So seems like a good deal to me.

Reports came out today that may have been a misdiagnose.

thanks to the ESPN app (and setting up Skins alerts) my phone showed me a trade notification and on the clock. glad i caught it and turned back to the draft because i was surely about to go to bed lol

love the his measurables and potential. like someone mentioned, him added with Landon and Rueben adds much needed speed. plus, it's addition to our continued youth movement on the defensive side. that side of the ball is shaping up nicely.

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Did you see him when he put the Skins hat on?

I saw when he wouldn’t even wear the hat at first, just holding it in his hand. Saw his body language. Saw someone who clearly wasn’t pleased and the hosts on abc said the same thing “looks like opposite reactions while sweats all smiles and Haskins was not”. 

2 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Yeah but that is reaching. He could've been having a lousy cell phone connection and it was annoying him. :)

He has already said in several interviews that he wants to play for the Redskins. I wouldn't read much into a facial expression.

Archived