Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

2 minutes ago, cober said:

I actually think they should be calling Junior Galette after sitting out last year he would give them a cheap option at OLB with speed. Buying time to find a replacement for OLB allowing picks to be used on other positions, Just a thought.

It's a very good thought

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I guess the good news is that Gruden always hated to roll out his QB or take advantage of their mobility. In that sense, Haskins plays right into what Gruden wants to do.

Honestly, the only reason a coach calls a roll-out is to escape a more dominant DL. If we get a better LG and a better blocking TE, Haskins wont have to roll out. 

16 minutes ago, carex said:

we have enough young WR

None that are 4.3 speed, though. Haskins benefits with faster receivers as any QB would, but I was think about trying to replicate the Urban Meyer route scheme. Might make for a smoother transition. 

7 minutes ago, cober said:

I actually think they should be calling Junior Galette after sitting out last year he would give them a cheap option at OLB with speed. Buying time to find a replacement for OLB allowing picks to be used on other positions, Just a thought.

What about Sweat in the 2d or 3rd  if he completely tumbles.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Skins better find a couple of starting OL in the next couple of rounds to get Haskins healthy, who is used to playing behind a dominant Ohio State line not the Skins ad hoc let's find him at the bus station group.

It would be nice but we really only need 1 starter this year (Depth would be a bonus though after what happened last year).

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Another OT gone......:-(

Cody Ford is still there but he won't last - if he gets to the 2d I'd trade up for him.

11 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah and Leftwich backed up Roth and looked good

Haskins has far better feet than Leftwich. That guy looked like he was running in mud. Haskins can scoot just fine but obviously not a burner. 

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

Haskins has far better feet than Leftwich. That guy looked like he was running in mud. Haskins can scoot just fine but obviously not a burner. 

Thats good to hear. What I've been reading about him has been from he can move in the pocket, but can't really run, to he's a statue. 

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Steve Smith: His comp is Dan Marino

nit very mobile but deadly accurate..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001028085/Redskins-select-Dwayne-Haskins-No-15-in-the-2019-draft#

Yeah, I was in the pre-draft thread saying I liked his accuracy more than anything. His size is good as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy and help us win some games

9 minutes ago, nonniey said:

What about Sweat in the 2d or 3rd  if he completely tumbles.

Only issue i think with medical question marks now he go early 2nd i could be wrong. But draft is so far working out really well lots wr cb and oline falling.

4/25/2019 10:01 PM by Charlie Campbell

I would grade the Haskins pick as an A. The Redskins played the draft perfectly letting him fall to their pick and not trading up. Washington needed a franchise quarterback and they got their guy. 

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019dhaskins.php

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/DraftDay/LiveAnalysis/charlie-nfl-2019#ixzz5mAPO0mpD

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/DraftDay/LiveAnalysis/charlie-nfl-2019#VTlgYHurGzmVpuPh.99

Archived