Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

No real problem picking Haskins, like his tools, age, how quickly he’s picked things up, and the spot we got him.  

But...it’s another dumbass Redskins move in terms of process.  

At least it sure looks that way to me.  Jay didn’t want Haskins, but the FO ignored him and instead drafted for the future.  But now we’re that much more likely to have a new coach come in next year who, once again, doesn’t get to pick their qb.  

Jay has had the cruddiest, oddest run of luck with qbs:

Griffin never recovers (learns to play)

Colt plays and almost immediately gets hurt 

Cousins isn’t retained

Smith is traded for and extended  (without JG’s input)

Sudfeld gets poached

Smith gets injured

Colt gets injured

FO picks Haskins 

Here’s hoping the reports of Gruden not really liking him weren’t true.  

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

We have a very solid oline... When healthy. A legit wr would be welcome.

Yeah. But if it breaks down consistently every year that is not the case. 

Plus the giants, eagles, and Cowboys have strong defensive lines; our guards are going to get manhandled. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So? We have Keenum to take the hits. Doesn't really matter as long as we don't ruin Haskins before he has a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

You actually think Alex Smith was a better QB than Mahomes year 1?

It's not about taking the hits.. it's about being able to sit and watch a guy lead your team to a winning record and seeing how the team respect hard work.  Keenum might be a good guy, but will he show a young rookie how to be a professional that can win?

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I believe Diana Rossini's report that Snyder and Allen wanted Haskins while the Head Coach and Scouts wanted the Duke quarterback.  We needed to fill other positions on the team like receivers, offensive linemen and secondary help.   So I guess the Prince of Darkness, who is our de factor General Manager, will go to the waiver wire or recruit undrafted players who they can sign for low dollars to fill these other important positions.  Skins are not going to dig themselves out of the big hole they have created due to poor drafting over the last ten years.  Also, it will be hard to recruit another new Head Coach next year after Gruden is let go who will be willing to work with a quarterback that he has inherited.

OL is the only spot right now that would have benefited from a first round pick.  DB is a need in the future and they are also people who step in and start even late in the first while WR take time to develop.  DB is a position to pick first next year.  WR, we need to see these guys and then maybe look to free agency and the middle rounds of trhe draft

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

So I guess the Prince of Darkness, who is our de factor General Manager, will go to the waiver wire or recruit undrafted players who they can sign for low dollars to fill these other important positions.

We still have eight draft picks you may recall. I’m hoping for a LG and a speedy WR within the next three picks. 

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Its weird that id prefer to have the better player... That outlook of yours is comically pessimistic

And you know that he's he better player..... how? I haven't seen Haskins play a single down in the NFL yet.

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But I'd think that heads won't roll because Dan was heavily in on this move. Jay may be saying, "if you'd have let me get Sweat or Burns we wouldn't be in this position" if we go 3-13 this year

How is Dan heavily involved in this move? Because he owns the team, like 31 other NFL owners? Because 1 reporter said that Dan's involved, so all the other reporters jumped on it? The same reporters saying that this is the make or break year for the staff?

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Here’s hoping the reports of Gruden not really liking him weren’t true.  

I doubt they're true. From watching tape, haskins looks to be really good in our type of passing scheme. 

I do agree with the error of process though. I think you've got to give gruden 3 years now and I'm not sure I like that. 

I actually think they should be calling Junior Galette after sitting out last year he would give them a cheap option at OLB with speed. Buying time to find a replacement for OLB allowing picks to be used on other positions, Just a thought.

Seahawks are smart team. They have a QB with a huge deal so just need to get as much as possible cheap young players to fill positions. Just trade back and get more guys. 

What still makes me wonder. We where on the clock pretty long. I thought we where exploring a trade back. If you think the QB is the guy, why wait for offers? Doesn't that show that you are not 100% sure about the guy?

Archived