Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Guys. I'm one of the most negative/cynical people here by far. 

I am excited about Haskins. He does some things mentally that you can't easily teach and has a cannon

There is a lot I don't like about him but his anticipation and arm strength are both above average.. and those are my favorite evaluating factors. 

We'll see. This guy should be a dream for gruden. Fits his scheme really well imo. 

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Because nobody ever, at all, said that the cost of a 'QB of the future' was a 2nd round draft pick for a cheap, disposable contract. The whole reason people supported it, me included, is that if he sucks and the staff gets canned, we can throw Rosen in the dumpster. Can't do that now with Haskins. If heads roll for the staff, Haskins is going to have a rough start to his career.

We can dump Haskins if necessary. he was the 15th pick in the draft. Not the 5th. Would it suck if he ends up a failure? Yep. But we didnt give up anything to draft the guy. If hes a bust you move on just like you would with any other bust picked 15th in the draft. Really not a lot of risk here IMO.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Because nobody ever, at all, said that the cost of a 'QB of the future' was a 2nd round draft pick for a cheap, disposable contract. The whole reason people supported it, me included, is that if he sucks and the staff gets canned, we can throw Rosen in the dumpster. Can't do that now with Haskins. If heads roll for the staff, Haskins is going to have a rough start to his career.

Its weird that id prefer to have the better player... That outlook of yours is comically pessimistic

I believe Diana Rossini's report that Snyder and Allen wanted Haskins while the Head Coach and Scouts wanted the Duke quarterback.  We needed to fill other positions on the team like receivers, offensive linemen and secondary help.   So I guess the Prince of Darkness, who is our de factor General Manager, will go to the waiver wire or recruit undrafted players who they can sign for low dollars to fill these other important positions.  Skins are not going to dig themselves out of the big hole they have created due to poor drafting over the last ten years.  Also, it will be hard to recruit another new Head Coach next year after Gruden is let go who will be willing to work with a quarterback that he has inherited.

Just now, benskins26 said:

There is no chance he's not starting by week 4, no matter what. We're gonna lose the first 3, and this staff is already on life support. 

If we don't vastly improve the oline; he will get murdered. We need to solid the oline and get a good wide receiver before he touches the field. 

28 minutes ago, carex said:

well, I dislike how disinterested he seems but then it's possible he knew that he was going there unless something major happened

No offense, but outside of D.C., our squad is considered a total s-show, & our F.O. Is rightly considered incompetent. For the QB prospects we were likely considered a worst case scenario along w/Denver & NYG’s OL.

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If you believe that the logical choice would be to create better supporting cast this year for the #1 overall pick at QB next year. 

If you think a QB is good, you take him and don't mess around. You don't cross your fingers and hope to land a future QB. Knowing us we're just good enough to be out of realistic reach anyways, with 6 wins or something. 

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

If we don't vastly improve the oline; he will get murdered. We need to solid the oline and get a good wide receiver before he touches the field. 

We have a very solid oline... When healthy. A legit wr would be welcome.

11 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Per Rotoworld:

"Despite Stephen A. Smith’s claims to the contrary, Haskins is a non-running, pure pocket passer with sluggish 5.04 "speed" and a concerning inability to make plays outside of structure or on the move. Yet Haskins’ pocket toughness, willingness to take chances, and strong arm give him starter upside on the Nick Foles-Byron Leftwich spectrum."

That is not what I want to read. A guy good for a handful of years.. You can find that in the 4th round..

Not true. I think he compares favorably to Ben roethlisburger. 

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If you believe that the logical choice would be to create better supporting cast this year for the #1 overall pick at QB next year. 

You are assuming that the Skins staff didnt think he was a first round talent. Pick number one overall next year has no guarantee of being any better than Haskins will be next year. First round QB's are a lottery ticket, You either hit or you dont. And I dont care how highly rated they are. MANY more bust than pan out. You just have to keep taking shots until you hit at some point.

Archived