seantaylor=god

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

I took him off my board for medical. Of course I dont know **** about it. But it appears so did everyone else. I do like Sweat alot more than Burns though.

Article today on NFL.com said combine exam was mis diagnosed. Heart wall is normal thickness

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna stay positive here, my biggest concern was moving up to get this kid. Time will tell, cautiously optimistic though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it and the way the draft fell, the more I feel Haskins was right.  This was a guy we thought we might have traded up for, and instead fell into our lap.  Several names that might have been good picks at 15 were gone.  Our starter is likely Case Keenum.

 

Sometimes the draft drops a QB in your lap for whatever reason.  Take him and be done with it.  Build around him.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

How do you throw with a DT in your face? Just saying if you want to play football... You go interior lineman to compliment this pick. 

yeah but its easier to find IOL with a lower round pick than a QB. Heck, I was about to post an article about how easy / difficult it is to find positions in UDFA and QB is the hardest. 

 

https://herosports.com/news/nfl-draft-2017-undrafted-malcom-butler-patriots

OL is ranked 2nd behind RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

NFL.com is horrible... .WTF

 

Check out his:

Strengths
  • Groomed for this moment since he was young
  • Rare passing production
  • Has been mentored by NFL receiver Mohamed Sanu
  • Well-schooled with understanding of how to get himself protected
  • Will bet big to win big

Hold on, mentored by Mohamed Sanu.

 

I'd like to change my opinion of this pick...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants counter our grind it out strategy. This guy is a freaking wall. That's going to be interesting when we try to run inside...

 

Need guard help!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Interior lineman are very important for a pocket QB. Top priority..

Agreed. Though I think we need a good wide receiver just as badly. 

 

We should probably take a center in the mid rounds and have him do all the snaps with haskins for the next year while keenum starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Whiskeypeet said:

The meltdown is coming

 

Nah, I don't mind. Wouldn't have been my pick, but we didn't trade any '20 or '19 picks to get him and I think he belonged in the top 2-3 of the QB's in the class, so I can live it with it. We could've done a lot worse. We could've done what the Giants did, have two top 17 picks and blow both of them. Gotta Love Gettelman. The gift that keeps on giving for NYG opponents in the NFC East. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 Well, being that I don't follow college football in any form,  and, keeping with my 'wait-n-see' mentality, all I can do is hope he works out.

 

Plenty of college QBs take a few years to really get into the pro level, so I just hope he can keep his nose clean and not get into the 'me' hype and end up wrecking the team while chasing off what good players we still have.

 

But seeing his demeanor on tv didn't give me a very hopeful outlook; maybe its me but he didn't look like he was happy in the least bit when his name was called. The guys mentioned he wasn't happy about falling in the draft, so lets cross our fingers.

The LAST thing this team needs is another unhappy QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

The coaching staff is getting fired after this season, of course they wanted a win-now player. They were stuck starting Keenum either way and wanted help. That's not how you build a team

Jay finally has a QB he picked for a change, that's usually the first thing a new HC gets to do during a rebuild and he never got that.  Think one year with a rookie is short, but considering how long Jay has been here, it might not matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skinsOLfan said:

WOW why all the negativity, who would you guys have liked the team to draft????

I think you haters will be surprised once Haskins learns the offense and starts to play, give the guy a chance before you start comparing him to other past QBs.

 

"Haskins threw for 4,831 yards, 50 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2018, while Jones threw for 2,674, 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions during the same season."

I guess we figured we have a very high chance of picking top 5 next year so were hoping to pick from the better 2020 QBs That said Haskins wasn't a reach and I think there are superstar WRs  we could target in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

 

Yea I was thinking him or Byron Leftwich. and I'm not excited about either of those prospects..Just watching highlights of him with clean pockets and time he'll never have in the NFL we'll just have to wait and see.

 

Leftwich was "quick" IIRC. not fast, but he could turn it on. Before all the injuries.

 

And those pockets are insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Here’s to our top 5 pick in 2020

 

I hope you're right and I hope Haskins doesn't see the field once after preseason ends, and then gets a new GM who hires a new HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

 

Still would do this. By taking Haskins, we reduced even further the trade value for Zona. 

 

not really?  Cause now there's one less option for teams who want a QB

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Seriously, what do we really know about any of these young receivers outside of P-Rich? Give them a chance before ripping them. And we aren't winning the championship this year if we had Julio, Odell and Antonio....That's a pipe dream.

 

well the Redskins think they can play, that obviously means they suck

 

Every real Redskins fan knows there's not a lick of talent on this team and never will be

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Seriously, what do we really know about any of these young receivers outside of P-Rich? Give them a chance before ripping them. And we aren't winning the championship this year if we had Julio, Odell and Antonio....That's a pipe dream.

 

Yeah I mean Alex Smith waa notorious for hating WR's

 

I don't really know much,. Even Doctson seemed to improve last year. It will start with the run game anyway.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Jay finally has a QB he picked for a change, that's usually the first thing a new HC gets to do during a rebuild and he never got that.  Think one year with a rookie is short, but considering how long Jay has been here, it might not matter.

 

Did he pick Ha-skins? Or would he preferred Lock? Not sure man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

 

 e and end up wrecking the team while chasing off what good players we still have.

 

But seeing his demeanor on tv didn't give me a very hopeful outlook; maybe its me but he didn't look like he was happy in the least bit when his name was called. The guys mentioned he wasn't happy about falling in the draft, so lets cross our fingers.

The LAST thing this team needs is another unhappy QB.

 

He (with the rest of the world now) probably heard Dianne's report that some in the room didn't want him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carex said:

 

not really?  Cause now there's one less option for teams who want a QB

 

well the Redskins think they can play, that obviously means they suck

 

Every real Redskins fan knows there's not a lick of talent on this team and never will be

 

that's what i meant- we no longer "need" him. One less to negotiate against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:
2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The more I think about it and the way the draft fell, the more I feel Haskins was right.  This was a guy we thought we might have traded up for, and instead fell into our lap.  Several names that might have been good picks at 15 were gone.  Our starter is likely Case Keenum.

 

Sometimes the draft drops a QB in your lap for whatever reason.  Take him and be done with it.  Build around him.

I cheered when we drafted Haskins. I’d rather had Lock but am happy Haskins is a Skin. Other than the amazing production he had in ‘18, Haskins is a very consistent QB who keeps hammering and has won a bunch of games from being behind. That’s a champion character. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilco_holland said:

 

Did he pick Ha-skins? Or would he preferred Lock? Not sure man.

From what I've read, Haskins fits our offense, but I guess we'll find out won't we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RawRebel said:

I wonder what Arizona is going to do with Rosen?

Break the leg of an other teams QB in pre season!  Then trade him 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

 

Yea I was thinking him or Byron Leftwich. and I'm not excited about either of those prospects..Just watching highlights of him with clean pockets and time he'll never have in the NFL we'll just have to wait and see.

I see, your the guy that wanted Tom Brady in the first round because YOU KNEW...lol

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.