seantaylor=god

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

At least we didnt trade up and select Daniel Jones.

Oh man.  That would have been obscene 

1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

We now have 4 QBs

Correction. Two and half. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Birdlives said:

Lol, does Burns actually have a hype guy?

Boo-urns!

Boo-urns!

I know it's super early to make calls on it, but watching Haskins while he was getting picked, he reminded me enough of JaMarcus Russell to make me shiver a little. Granted, he did get picked by the team that KOed to QBs in a row, but he looked so infinitely bored. And 'chunky'.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

They must not have liked Rosen at all. You could have had Rosen plus a stud DE, CB, etc, at 15, but chose to spend that pick on Haskins instead. 

I don't get it. 

If Arizona had Rosen for just one year and they don't like him then why would we want him? No one is jumping at Rosen....word is that his personality is garbage.

The Skins are taking guys from big schools, successful programs. I'm not sold on Haskins but I like his size and ability to make all of the throws. Now we need to fill in around him on offense. Here's hoping guys like Robert Davis, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn, P-Rich and others can stay healthy and make plays. 

• Like 1

Interior lineman are very important for a pocket QB. Top priority..

• Like 1

So the football guys wanted to address other areas of need, but Danny and Brucie wanted Haskins.  Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

They couldn't resist the negative spin after our pick, that we had internal dissension on who to take.

Literally no other teams had such a report. 

• Like 3

Much as I want Snyder and Allen to burn, I have to lol at this reporting by Russini that suggests (without going into specifics) that there is a split between coaches in Haskins, then makes it seem as if only Snyder and Allen wanted him.

It's gaslighting

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not a fan.  The times I saw Haskins play solid defenses, he got hit a lot, he started throwing off his back foot, and eventually, they switched to throwing a bunch of screens.  He just seemed to get off his game easily.  The NFL isn't going to be the same as padding your stats against Northwestern, Illinois, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board and really hope I'm wrong about him, but my gut feeling says this will be a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never seen a team waste so much resources on QB's that are ****..The guy is a ****ing Leftwich clone

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Am I crazy to feel like Haskins=Campbell?

Yes. Haskins has the mental game people here wished for years Campbell could learn

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, benskins26 said:

Am I crazy to feel like Haskins=Campbell?

Campbell was dumber than dirt; Haskins actually appears to have a high football IQ. Patrick Ramsey might be a better comparison.

But we are the Redskins, and we haven't drafted a franchise QB in the first round since Sammy Baugh.

Our OL is falling apart. He is just the newest drummer for Spinal Tap.

• Like 4

Most interesting, why did the NYG reach for Jones when they could've had him at 17? Did we bluff them into taking him earlier? Their fans can't be happy about that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

They must not have liked Rosen at all. You could have had Rosen plus a stud DE, CB, etc, at 15, but chose to spend that pick on Haskins instead. 

I don't get it. 

dude, Rosen must not be all that.  Because no team seems to want him.  Nine teams passed on him in the draft, the team that picked him wants to dump him after a year and the 22 other teams haven't put together an offer the Cards would take.  That's actually a lot of rejection

We don't have a QB, so if the front office felt that Haskins was the guy they pretty much had to draft him.  A steal if he's a star.  A set back if he isn't.  All we can do now is hope the front office got this one right (and that they don't screw the entire situation up, again). 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Interior lineman are very important for a pocket QB. Top priority..

Trade up for Cody Ford if he drops enough?

1 minute ago, allskinz said:

So the football guys wanted to address other areas of need, but Danny and Brucie wanted Haskins.  Sigh.

In fairness the board kind of fell that way. Yes. They could have gone corner. But if you love a QB and the guy is there at 15 you take him.