seantaylor=god

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

Recommended Posts

Well been on the top of my list since Butler was drafted.  Glad we got him and definitely a steal. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6'3"221 lbsNC State
14POS RK
100OVR RK
72GRADE
 

dm_190421_nfl_draft_profile_kelvin_harmon.jpgplay

0:50

NFL draft profile: Kelvin Harmon

Kelvin Harmon is a wide receiver out of NC State who has great size and a unique ability to make contested catches.

Pre-Draft Analysis

Harmon has outstanding size, and he's a long strider with adequate top-end speed for his frame. He tracks the ball well, and he does a good job of adjusting to back-shoulder throws. He makes contested catches. He's a big target with a real feel for coverage, and he can find pockets in zone looks

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/ovr

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Harmon is still there? Wonder what his story is, many had him as a 2d rounder.

 

His speed is supposed to be an issue.  I'm seeing 4.6 as his combine 40.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this pick!   Should have traded the pick for a number 1 in next year's draft!

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Part of me would rather have taken a flyer on a freak of nature like Emanuel Hall instead of Harmon though. Harmon had some good tape but his measurables at the combine were pretty bad. However, he seems like more of a likely hit than Hall. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this pick! Honestly cannot remember a time when I have been this satisfied with one of the skins drafts

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

I had a punter as BPA here. Another ridiculous pick by the FO. 

 

STICK TO YOUR BOARD!!!!!

 

I had a fieldgoal kicker as BPA...Lefty Doink.

 

 I bet his name scared em off.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it looks like the only unaddressed hole will be free safety. Pretty good job of collecting talent. Got a top edge rusher, qb, super fast wide receiver, a couple of offensive line man, and a possible replacement for Chris Thompson down the line. Now, we just need to convince Gettleman to trade his 2020 second rounder for our pair of seventh rounders...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelvin Harmon, wow, I've been carping about getting him all day.  😀😀   They took 3 guys this draft who are my guys so speak (McLaurin, Love, Harmon) -- players I've touted a lot but Bryce Love for me I did it last year not this season because I figured he's out of the picture because of the injury.  This is my favorite draft of theirs maybe of all time for selfish egotistical reasons.  If they take players i like they must be good?  :ols:

 

Harmon was one of the last guys I touted where I added these clips among other things on the draft thread this week.  He's really physical, even though he isn't fast he still separates well.  some draft geeks say he struggles to separate but I disagree.    He's a good blocker.   He's a real fun watch.   He plays ferociously -- YAC guy.  Even though he isn't fast, somehow he was a deep threat at times.   

 

One of my favorite receivers in the 2nd tier range -- great value in the 6th.  Probably my fav 6th pick they've ever had.   Now that I laid it on thick probably jinxed the dude though.   

 

 

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Part of me would rather have taken a flyer on a freak of nature like Emanuel Hall instead of Harmon though. Harmon had some good tape but his measurables at the combine were pretty bad. However, he seems like more of a likely hit than Hall. 

Well nothing is stopping us from taking Hall if he is still there  in the 7th.

 

Yes he is now at the top of my board even though we already took two WRs.

 

My 7th round wish list.

Hall WR,

Benzschawel G

Kris Boyd CB

Nuata TE

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably my fav 6th pick they've ever had.   Now that I laid it on thick probably jinxed the dude though.   

 

Pretty hard to outdo Rock Cartwright. 

 

Actually, Rock was quite a good contributor for a sixth rounder.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, it looks like the only unaddressed hole will be free safety. Pretty good job of collecting talent. Got a top edge rusher, qb, super fast wide receiver, a couple of offensive line man, and a possible replacement for Chris Thompson down the line. Now, we just need to convince Gettleman to trade his 2020 second rounder for our pair of seventh rounders...

 

 

Gettleman just read your post...

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the sixth round the expectations are lower - if Harmon is a productive move-the-chains type for the Skins then the pick will go down as one of the better ones in this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kelvin Harmon, wow, I've been carping about getting him all day.  😀😀   They took 3 guys this draft who are my guys so speak (McLaurin, Love, Harmon) -- players I've touted a lot but Bryce Love for me I did it last year not this season because I figured he's out of the picture because of the injury.  This is my favorite draft of theirs maybe of all time for selfish egotistical reasons.  If they take players i like they must be good?  :ols:

 

Harmon was one of the last guys I touted where I added these clips among other things on the draft thread this week.  He's really physical, even though he isn't fast he still separates well.  some draft geeks say he struggles to separate but I disagree.    He's a good blocker.   He's a real fun watch.   He plays ferociously -- YAC guy.  Even though he isn't fast, somehow he was a deep threat at times.   

 

One of my favorite receivers in the 2nd tier range -- great value in the 6th.  Probably my fav 6th pick they've ever had.   Now that I laid it on thick probably jinxed the dude though.   

 

Redskins are picking guys you like...

You want Kyle Smith as GM...

 

Ok Got It! You are Kyle Smith asking for a promotion!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wildbunny said:

 

Redskins are picking guys you like...

You want Kyle Smith as GM...

 

Ok Got It! You are Kyle Smith asking for a promotion!!!

 

Jay said he's following Kyle Smith's board.  Promote the dude!  Seriously, we never know right now how these guys pan out but just by coincidence Kyle is picking some plays i love.  Of all the players dropping today, Harmon's drop to me was the most mystifying.  Love that pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

 

Redskins are picking guys you like...

You want Kyle Smith as GM...

 

Ok Got It! You are Kyle Smith asking for a promotion!!!

I think it's more nefarious than that. I think SIP is buttering the toast and angling to be hired as a team scout. Look out Bruce! SIP is after your job!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is the one that will disagree with the rest. I think Hall is a far superior player. Harmon is SLOW and he struggles to get separation. Those two traits are a death nail for an NFL WR. He won on physicality in college. He wont be able to do that in the NFL.  I wonder if they dont try to pull a Niles Paul with him and bulk him up to move him to TE? I mean it is a 6th rounder so no big deal. But there was a much better player at the position available IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.