Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

The draft was defensive back heavy and we haven't added anything to the secondary. 

Jesus. No matter what picks we make that we needed someone will come on and complain we didn't address a different hole. It's uncanny. 

25 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Wasnt Wesco picked already? SIP we have higher expectations out of you. 😜

Yep I missed it, too busy typing stuff here. 😀

I guessed the right school but wrong player as for who I guessed but i like it.  Wilson and Thompson scared me some as I documented in the draft thread. 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

RB nobody has ever heard of just went to the Falcons...wonder if they have fans wishing their team took Love last round to succeed Freeman, while ours complain. Hmmm

To be fair, I've heard of Qadree Ollison, but that's mostly because Penn State played Pitt the past two years.  Thought the kid was a tough runner though nothing about him screamed NFL.

1 hour ago, KingGibbs said:

Why so sensitive Bruce? Unlike you I will both applaud and criticize each pick. I said it was the FIRST bad pick. Meaning I loved the first three picks. How the **** do you know Love is going to be a good player? At least I gave several reasons as to why I thought it was a bad pick while you're shooting the Kool aid into your veins

In fairness, if you're pumping the McLaurin pick, you're doing the same w/the third rounder.

Love was the best back in college in 2017 not named Saquon Barkley. It's not crazy to do a draft and stash on that kind of talent on day 3. I like good process, long term picks based on solid foundations. Love is a supremely talented player that got hurt. McLaurin never did squat. So I'm not following your take at all unless you hate taking injured players on day 3 but love taking guys that are only good on special teams on day 2. 

If you're a win now person, I can understand why you hate it, otherwise I don't really get it. You don't force picks, if they didn't like any of the guards enough, they didn't, maybe they were wrong about their evals of the Guards, I don't know, but I do know that Love is more talented than virtually any player taken in round 4 period (there are a handful like Butler that are up there with them, but not many). 

15 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

The draft was defensive back heavy and we haven't added anything to the secondary. 

When it's heavy at a position, you can go after them in the later rounds and still find value picks.

When it's light, you better draft this position fast.

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

In fairness, if you're pumping the McLaurin pick, you're doing the same w/the third rounder.

Love was the best back in college in 2017 not named Saquon Barkley. It's not crazy to do a draft and stash on that kind of talent on day 3. I like good process, long term picks based on solid foundations. Love is a supremely talented player that got hurt. McLaurin never did squat. So I'm not following your take at all unless you hate taking injured players on day 3 but love taking guys that are only good on special teams on day 2. 

If you're a win now person, I can understand why you hate it, otherwise I don't really get it. You don't force picks, if they didn't like any of the guards enough, they didn't, maybe they were wrong about their evals of the Guards, I don't know, but I do know that Love is more talented than virtually any player taken in round 4 period (there are a handful like Butler that are up there with them, but not many). 

I thought they could have waited one or two more picks.....that said, We kinda knew He was our target and so did other teams. 

Archived