Califan007

Those were the days...(a pictorial)

9 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

and I thought I was the only nerd.  Found mine in a box a few years ago and they must have gotten wet since some stickers aren't anymore.

I seem to remember always getting the Atlanta Falcons helmet for some reason lol..

9 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Glenn Brenner was The Man.  When he died, I was stunned (I had left the area and this was pre-modern internet).

Agree.  Growing up, my father worked long, hard days.  But every evening he and I would watch Glenn and my father would laugh.  It made me happy to see my father happy so I immediately took to Glenn.

Still watch clips of him youtube now and and can't stop laughing.  I especially liked it when the weather forecaster on Ch 9 would blow a snow forecast and Glenn would sarcastically mock the forecasts of snow that never materialized.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Today's yoots are stuck with twitter journalism instead of guys like Brenner...

Today we get to enjoy Chris Russell and Chad Dukes!

• Haha 2

Remember the banner displayed at the 1991 NFCCG at RFK: "Win one for the Brenner" after Glenn took a turn for the worse (he passed a couple days later). 

• Like 1

Speaking of the good ol' days. During the 91 season I clipped Washington Post articles and pictures. Tony Kornheiser's bandwagon articles where something I looked forward to every week. 

kTWUb.jpg

LF4mt.jpg

KbrLL.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Glenn Brenner was The Man.  When he died, I was stunned (I had left the area and this was pre-modern internet).

When he died I was really upset because I knew they could not find a better sportscaster that could fill his shoes.

I remember watching his sports reports every night on Channel 9 because you never knew what funny thing might happen.

I ran in a 10 mile race in Williamsburg VA years ago and at the last mile I looked up and saw Glenn Brenner running so I started

talking to him for a few minutes then later saw him at the finish line.  He was so cool and talked to anyone who wanted his attention.

He was approachable and not egotistic.  Fast forward years later to a Channel 9 sponsored 10K race in D.C.  I got to talk with Sam Huff and Sonny Jurgensen.

Jurgy was smoking a cigar and talkative.  Sam was sort of gruff and you could tell he did not want to be there but since the race went right

in front of the Channel 9 studios I guess he had to be there for a while after the race ended.

• Like 1

Because we need good things to think about right now.

Santana Moss. An all-time Washington Redskins LEGEND! (MET) - The ...

1991 Redskins labeled again as 'Greatest Team Ever'

Top Ten': Fastest Players #1 Darrell Green

RGIII's Top 5 Touchdowns of 2012 (in Gifs) - Hogs Haven

Redskins Fun Bunch - old school 80's style football | Washington ...

Top 30 Clinton Portis GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Who is the best safety ever? - Quora

And of course:

Dear Mike Sellers: Please Truck Dawkins - The Stadium - Extremeskins

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, zskins said:

779026022_SkinsTC2012128.thumb.jpg.ede41561ba16709359e9798d087ddd11.jpg

2012 Training Camp. 

242903116_SkinsTC2012037.thumb.jpg.be64938bcd7c38f2be0425501d04a003.jpg

Man these were exciting times. Really blows how the RG3 era came about 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, max21 said:

Man these were exciting times. Really blows how the RG3 era came about 

I went back and watched a few of the condensed games on games pass (free right now) from 2012, really was such an exciting run. Why are we so cursed/unlucky?

• Like 1

A little before my time, but I am pretty sure that "those were the days" for someone.

An older gentleman, who bowled with my wife, gave us a bunch of old Skins stuff. Mainly programs and magazine articles. His Dad used to take him to games at Griffith Stadium, when he was a kid.  He also gave us a scrapbook that he made when he was a kid, full Skins pics and articles.

The pic of Sammy Baugh is autographed. Not sure if it's authentic,  but it looks cool.   These are in my Skins curio cabinet. I have a bunch of programs, and they're fun, and interesting, to read.

Check out the dates on this stuff.

20200416_210452.jpg

20200416_210504.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A few interesting gems, courtesy of an older friend who used to go to games at Griffith stadium with his Dad. He gave me a bunch of older stuff, including his Redskins scrapbook. He even gave me a pic, out of a program, that Sammy Baugh autographed.

20200619_124159.jpg

20200619_124025.jpg

Posted (edited)

HEY GUYS JUST GIVE HIM ONE MORE SEASON AND HE'LL BE GREAT 

image.jpeg.a6cd0dede42ef5b31248e4405a98808a.jpeg

image.jpeg.1cd2cb1bc8c8609df83217a06793db58.jpegimage.jpeg.e7adf2715400d493787d4c19ef8ec874.jpegimage.jpeg.830d35a06f1fa158b64f68c5dd9b2e3b.jpegimage.jpeg.f78dced9e361704806977b53e34ca911.jpeg

image.jpeg.4508816ce3563be82ad5a0d6189f3c2f.jpeglmao

when TC  outplays you , its time to quit the NFL

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am Todd Collins' biggest fan. I'll probably set up a fan club forum sometime, something for all 7 of us.

• Thanks 1

Apparently the profanity filter doesn't work on tweets lol...

NSFW - (one word)

Spoiler

• Like 1