Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things "AOC" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the Squad.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What would Jesus do?

Once upon a time he went into a temple and was flipping tables because they were treating it like a flea market, so I imagine a lot of people would be in for rude awakening.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MEANDWARF said:

Are they free to go back to Central America?

So your point is that it's all right to treat people this way, if they try to legally enter the US?  

Edited by Larry
1 hour ago, Larry said:

So your point is that it's all right to treat people this way, if they try to legally enter the US?  

Not all people, no. Only the ones he finds unacceptable. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Larry said:

No it's just a basic simple question.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Not all people, no. Only the ones he finds unacceptable. 

Wow you got me!!!!

Just now, MEANDWARF said:

No it's just a basic simple question.

No it's not.  It's a deliberate attempt to sell a narrative.  

"I'd quit mistreating them if they'll just give in to my demands".  

Deliberately slanted analogy:  

When:  A robber walks into a store, points a gun at the clerk, demands money.  Clerk says "It's on a time . . . ", and gets shot.  

Asking "If he'd done what the robber demanded, would he have been shot?" isn't "just a basic simple question".  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

“Flyovers and tanks and a presidential speech on the lawn! They said it couldn’t be done! And I did it.”

They did say it couldn’t be done, and he did it. And it was a great day. No fights, no politics*, just a show. That’s a fact.

Winner.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:44 PM, Springfield said:

I don’t get the impression that she’s a Trump lover tbh.  I could be wrong though.

Might want to reconsider your position. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Might want to reconsider your position. 

You don’t need to love trump to see that this makes him look like a winner. Objective observer. 

On policy he has been mostly a complete failure and you can’t really give him credit for the economy since there is a natural cycle to the economy that will occur regardless of who the president is. Even on the policy I agree with him on, he has been ineffectual because of the way he presented his case. Not a supporter.

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You don’t need to love trump to see that this makes him look like a winner. Objective observer. 

On policy he has been mostly a complete failure and you can’t really give him credit for the economy since there is a natural cycle to the economy that will occur regardless of who the president is. Even on the policy I agree with him on, he has been ineffectual because of the way he presented his case. Not a supporter.

Disagree with the first part, but the rest well said.

• Thanks 1

The only thing I object to is the whole “they said it couldn’t be done” proclamation.  Of course it could be done.  Should it?  That’s the real question.

I wasn’t there, but was it any better than years pas as far as a show?  I haven’t heard much to that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/07/10/ocasio-cortez-faces-lawsuits-blocking-twitter-critics-after-appeals-court-ruling-trump/?utm_term=.fa2c73cff31d

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is facing two federal lawsuits for blocking Twitter users who were critical of her or her policies.

Republican congressional candidate Joseph Saladino and former New York assemblyman Dov Hikind sued the freshman congresswoman Tuesday, shortly after a New York appellate court upheld an earlier decision affirming that President Trump violated the First Amendment for doing the same.

“I have officially filed my lawsuit against AOC for blocking me on twitter. Trump is not allowed to block people, will the standards apply equally?” Saladino wrote on Twitter after filing his claim Tuesday in the Southern District of New York.

Hikind, who also filed Tuesday, said in a statement to Fox News, “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has blocked me on Twitter yesterday apparently because my critique of her tweets and policies have been too stinging.”

It is rather disappointing that the queen of political social media is blocking her detractors (assuming its all true and not a stunt).

I don't really have a problem with this, nor do I with Sunkist (doesn't stop it from being hilarious though).

Not really gonna sit here and pretend like she's blocking people who largely come from a place of facts, and aren't generally being asssholes.

The Trump decision was based on the idea that Trump uses his twitter to conduct official Executive business.  Therefore all Americans need access to that content.

Doesnt seem like AOC is in the same boat...but I guess we’ll see.

• Like 1

If you are using your Twitter account to conduct official business, then you should not be able to block people.  

That said, when Trump (1) stops blocking people and (2) unblocks everyone he has previously blocked, then we can start talking about holding people to the same standard.  I'm not going to hold my breath that that ever happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope the result is for them to go back to issuing statements more traditionally, and getting off of Twitter.  The media treats twitter as if it represents America, but it’s really just the internet’s comment section.  Extreme politics are wildly over represented on Twitter.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm not sure what she's going for here, speaking as an employee of one of sub agencies.  All the agencies/departments, etc. under DHS existed before DHS, though often under different names in a few cases.  Things like USCIS, CBP, Secret Service, FEMA aren't going away, their functions have been around for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I'm not sure what she's going for here, speaking as an employee of one of sub agencies.  All the agencies/departments, etc. under DHS existed before DHS, though often under different names in a few cases.  Things like USCIS, CBP, Secret Service, FEMA aren't going away, their functions have been around for a long time.

She didn’t say get rid of those agencies. A department like FEMA used to be at a cabinet level but was put under DHS. She is going at the mission of DHS which those agencies follow. And then you have the evil that ICE is doing. 

Her entire point is bringing back our civil liberties which have eroded since 9-11. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1