Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Avenatti guilty on three counts of extortion

Cooked Crack

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Nobody cares what Avenetti has to say at this point. At first he seemed a good guy but now he's just using that fame to get on the news any way he can to spout off on any topic he can. Sad. 

Just so you know, you're wrong about this. This guy may be as slimy as they come, but it's not like  he is speaking in generalizations at this point, these are very specific claims, and unless he is just a blithering idiot then it stands to reason that he probably has the goods.  He has named very specific parties, within a very specific time frame, using very specific methods of payment, that isn't the hallmark of a bluff. 

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Nike should have countered with 5 mill for his consulting services and called it a day.... When you're dirty can go running to the feds..... 

Exactly.

This is like tbe crackhead who calls the cops because his roommate stole his dope.

This is why extortion works, but Nike has less to lose than the college athletic programs that get taken down by this.

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just so you know, you're wrong about this. This guy may be as slimy as they come, but it's not like  he is speaking in generalizations at this point, these are very specific claims, and unless he is just a blithering idiot then it stands to reason that he probably has the goods.  He has named very specific parties, within a very specific time frame, using very specific methods of payment, that isn't the hallmark of a bluff. 

In other words you're saying "****, I hope he's right about all of this, I wanna see Duke get ****ed with a rusty screwdriver!!!"  :ols:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In other words you're saying "****, I hope he's right about all of this, I wanna see Duke get ****ed with a rusty screwdriver!!!"  :ols:

My personal feelings about what happens to Duke with various hand/powertools is irrelevant to the facts germane to the case...they may drive my interest in the case tho.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Nobody cares what Avenetti has to say at this point. At first he seemed a good guy but now he's just using that fame to get on the news any way he can to spout off on any topic he can. Sad. 

Nobody cared what Canseco had to say either. They sure tried to discredit him though instead of taking him to court.

wonder why?

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Caneseco was/is(?) a bit 

Nobody cared what Canseco had to say either. They sure try to discredit him though instead of taking him to court.

wonder why?

When the guilty speak openly it's always interesting to see who tries to silence them.

What are the odds that those at Nike who decided to press charges against Avanatti

1) didn't know the full story

2) didn't think he had what he said he had

3) didn't think he's air it all

4) decided they had less to lose

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Caneseco was/is(?) a bit 

Nobody cared what Canseco had to say either. They sure try to discredit him though instead of taking him to court.

wonder why?

Canseco's book led to a Congressional Hearing. Then there was the Game of Shadows book on Bonds/Balco, then the Mitchell Report.

But Canseco brought a lot to the forefront.