Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

2 hours ago, Owls0325 said:

New member here 

Just seen this would be happy to be involved 

Let me know which team you want and if you want to be included in the Redskins lottery. If you get the Redskins I would take the team you select now. 

The open teams are: Jags, Chiefs, Vikings, and Saints

And welcome aboard. 

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Let me know which team you want and if you want to be included in the Redskins lottery. If you get the Redskins I would take the team you select now. 

The open teams are: Jags, Chiefs, Vikings, and Saints

And welcome aboard. 

I'll take the Jags thanks 

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And the Redskins would be the team to turn this guy around?

I'd predict it being much more likely that he'd find himself in the middle of another perfect storm of ****.

Lol. That reminds me of a local Skins reporter I heard on the radio the other day.  He was asked how Kyler Murray would fare if he were drafted by the Skins?  He said Murray would be playing pretty good baseball within a couple of years.

We just need one more brave soul to be a GM. The Minnesota Vikings with one Kirk Cousins is the only team left - accident? Could be a conspiracy there if you wanted one 🙂 

Some key times and reminders. We have quite a few new GMs so while this will be old hat to the veterans, there are some helpful hints for the new people. 

Key times (all times EDT): 

Today:

6:00PM - Cut off time to be entered into the Redskins GM Lottery. If you have not let me know already but you want to be in the lottery, please let me know by 6:00PM tomorrow. Here is who I have on the list right now: 

COWBOY-KILLA-

tibbidoe

KillBill26

Skin'emAlive

LittleTinyUnbornBaby

actorguy1

7:00PM - Redskins GM Announced (it may be earlier but this is the latest). if for some reason the person chosen does nto claim them (confirm they want them), the next name will be chosen until someone 

12:00AM (Midnight) - Rosters and draft picks locked down. Once the rosters and draft picks are locked down, we move forward as if it will not change. For example, let's say when we lock the rosters and picks, AZ still has Rosen. But this Saturday, AZ trades Rosen to NE for their 2nd, 5th and 7th rd picks. In our draft, that trade never happened.

Tomorrow - 12:00 PM (Noon) - The Draft Starts! 

Reminders (some of these are in the rules but are worth highlighting):

1. Please clean out your PM Inbox. We use this extensively to let people know when they are coming up and when it's their pick. 

2. It's a good idea to follow the thread. I also set mine to receive emails. Yes, it gives you lots of emails but if your PM inbox gets full you will still know when you are up. Makes it easier to keep up with the draft. 

3. Make sure you have read the rules, especially the time allotted per pick. This works best when everyone is keeping track of when they pick on their own. Please make use of sending picks to someone if you see you will miss your time. You can send your top 3 picks to me or @Skinsinparadise or anyone you trust by PM, which from what I have seen is any of the GMs, and we/they will make the pick for you when it's your pick. 

4. Have trades arranged before it's your time to pick if at all possible. Remember no trading of players but comp picks are fair game.  

5. If you make your pick and you see neither SIP or I are on-line, please help by sending the next two GMs a PM to let them know they are up and on deck respectively. This works best when everyone pitches in - and they typically do. 

6. While we do want to move things along, your time is your time. Take it if you need it. Please do not harass other GMs about making their picks. Harass them about their picks, their teams, just about anything else. But not to make their pick quickly. 

7. Make sure the player you about to pick has not already been selected. This is especially important as we get to the later rounds. Once the rosters and draft positions are locked. I will add a draft tracker to the front of the thread. You can check for players drafted there. 

8. Especially for the new GMs - you will see many GMs do a write up on the player they picked - some longer than others (wait till you see GHH 🙂 )  While not mandatory by any means, it is kind of fun. But it's up to you. 

9. Please do not discuss players not drafted. This is a major no no. It's not fair to the other GMs who are about to pick. However, feel free to discuss players already chosen at length. 

10. Last but by no means least - life happens. If something happens IRF and you can't finish, let us know if you possible. After all it is just a game.  

If any of the vets can think of something I missed, please feel free to add in. 

Happy drafting! 

Looks like Rosen is still going to be on my roster when it locks.  I'm kind of annoyed because i feel like its gonna ruin any chance at realism for the rest of the draft but oh well. 

Never been in this position before so I'm curious how others feel about it?  Will me acting like Rosen is still there throw a wrench into everyone else's first round plans since they will most likely become extremely irrelevant?  Not looking for tips or anything per se but more just thoughts on how other GMs feel about the position from a technical standpoint and whether they prefer I handle it in a certain way to not screw over the realism aspect for the rest of the draft? 

I'm just trying to not **** up everyone's draft grades at the end by causing a weird ripple effect.  Then again maybe that's part of the fun......Either way, feel free to approach me with offers for the #1 pick if your interested.  So far no one has and I don't plan on waiting too long once I'm on the clock.

10 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Looks like Rosen is still going to be on my roster when it locks.  I'm kind of annoyed because i feel like its gonna ruin any chance at realism for the rest of the draft but oh well. 

Never been in this position before so I'm curious how others feel about it?  Will me acting like Rosen is still there throw a wrench into everyone else's first round plans since they will most likely become extremely irrelevant?  Not looking for tips or anything per se but more just thoughts on how other GMs feel about the position from a technical standpoint and whether they prefer I handle it in a certain way to not screw over the realism aspect for the rest of the draft? 

I'm just trying to not **** up everyone's draft grades at the end by causing a weird ripple effect.  Then again maybe that's part of the fun......Either way, feel free to approach me with offers for the #1 pick if your interested.  So far no one has and I don't plan on waiting too long once I'm on the clock.

While I understand what you are saying, I don't think we have any choice but to play it as it is. Any assumption could end up being wrong and that would be worse than just playing as we know it to be. Who knows maybe in the end they keep Rosen although like you i really think they move him before the draft. But stranger things have happened. They may not get what they are asking. 

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

You play the hand dealt man as you see fit. Once the roster’s are locked, then reality ceases in that sense and you roll with how you see fit to improve the Cardinals.

How that impacts anyone else is neither here nor there and lamenting anything after 12 AM tonight is futile.

I’m reminded of our inaugral draft and Jay Ajayi being a lock first rounder/ possible top 20 in reality when we drafted. Then just prior to the ‘actual’ draft, news of the medical on his knee broke and he fell down to Round 5 through it. Frustrating and we all had a natural good laugh at my expense over it but ultimately nottin you can do and you can’t let it impact the hand you have at the time of ‘our’ draft. Or in any comparison eval to the ‘real’draft after.

I’ve a string feeling Dallas will get a deal done with Miami for Quinn which would alter my thinking here. (Maybe they even trade Tank on draft day?). But that looks highly unlikely to happen today so I’m prepared with what I’ve been planning all the fall. 

Is what it is man. Roll with whatever decision on the top pick you feel best for your team.

Rosen or no Rosen. 

Hail.

12 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Off topic, but that man ( Michael Buffer) has taken one catch phrase (...rumble) further than any man has ever taken a catch phrase. It could never be repeated. He is still getting God-Awful commercial deals!

He has milked it well. Good for him.  

Archived