goskins10

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

On 4/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, Redskin21502 said:

with the 97th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft the World Champion New England Patriots select

CB Joejuan Williams from Vanderbilt

Image result for joejuan williams vanderbilt

BOOM, team and player

Pats just took him at 45

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My first round is tanking my draft value.  Jawaan Taylor at 12 overall goes in the 2nd round, and Mack Wilson still hasn't been taken as we're approaching compensatory picks in the third.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

Outside of the first round, I've done pretty well.  My 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th round picks (Jacobs, Warring, Harris, Barton) have gone 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, respectively.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Hurd, Dean, Risner, Howard, Sweat gone by the conclusion of day 2.

ScratchyHopefulFinwhale-size_restricted.

@Gibbs Hog Heaven does not approve.

Aw Man if only I hadn’t bested you with 6 White, Little, McLaurin, Mullen, Scharping, Hill, with 5 coming in the first 2rds. What do I win? That’s gotta be the winning bingo card right?

here is a spear to the gut lol!

Enjoy the rest of your draft my friend! 😳

97F752C7-442C-42CD-8403-487ACAA36AE2.gif

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

I read somewhere that less than 14% of all rookies selected play more than 400 snaps in their rookie year and therefore there are very few impact starters regardless of where they are selected. You should really be flexing your muscles after they've played a few years in the league. Like I wouldn't be banging the table if you drafted Daniel Jones and watched him go at #6 but to each their own.

Or you could just sneak in a humble brag after one year like this dude I took in the 3rd round last year :D But seriously, we've got some pretty sharp minds in our draft war rooms. Good work all.

image.png

Edited by Cypress
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming into this draft, looking at the Bears roster, I knew I needed impact players at skill positions. I look at the Rams last year, and think 'why not us? Problem is/ was I didn't have 1st or second round pick to work with. I had to move up, even if blind. Why? Guys slide every.single.year. My signature bears that out. Guys have biases of all sorts and tend to panic and reach for their draft crush du jor. I am guilty as anyone over the years, and it's baked into every draft- and let's face- it apart of the fun. This year I needed  the draft crush gods on my side and so far I can't complain too much 

Lonnie Johnson 3rd round 87th overall (IRL 2-22 54 overall Texans)

Loved this kids tape. Reminded me of a longer nastier Kendall Fuller. His positioning, fundamentals, football IQ jumps out at you on tape. Soft hands, peanut punch and a vicious blitzer off the edge. Loved watching his eyes on the QB vs his man. I had no idea he had such a great personality til just now (vid) the Texans got themselves a good one.

Edited by Baughlin'
  • Like 1

In a cruel twist of fate the universe decided the best back to back win for me wouldn't be the Caps, I would have to settle for my ES picks going back to back in real life. Furthermore, this draft crush will be suiting up for the hated kelly green mob. Although I'm sure our front seven is up to the task. I can take solace in how he will torment Mara and Jerrah for years to come and to that I 🍻

Miles Sanders RB Penn St 4th Rd 106 overall (IRL 2-21- 53rd overall Philty Birds) 

Speed, vision, shiftiness, toughness, hands. Give this kid all the superlatives he's earned 'em.

Edited by Baughlin'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Aw Man if only I hadn’t bested you with 6 White, Little, McLaurin, Mullen, Scharping, Hill, with 5 coming in the first 2rds. What do I win? That’s gotta be the winning bingo card right?

here is a spear to the gut lol!

Enjoy the rest of your draft my friend! 😳

If that was my objective, I’d have taken Taki in the 7th, my post was to Gibbs, about something Gibbs said, try not to be insecure, you will be included in certain things, we love ya pal. 

hug-gif-20.gif

Getting so far under people's skin without even trying.

Mote talented than I realised.

But if we can now grow a pair and get back to whats been a real fun draft, that’d be appreciated like.

Hail.

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But if we can now grow a pair and get back to whats been a real fun draft, that’d be appreciated like.

Hail.

You try harder than any human with any internet connection. 

Kevin-Malone-Laugh.gif

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yup. Super talented. 

So as you won't grow a pair and seemingly want to be this year's mock jerk vols, pray tell what's offended you so much?

Hail. 

You posted you that disagreed with my evaluations, so now I joke in return, & you now act as if you are under attack. 😑 You’re being sensitive & calling names, in the internet, over as benign a joke as has ever been posted... you may be pairless

giphy.gif

So let's recap. 

I applauded you for a great value take, whilst in the same post saying I hadn't meshed with a lot of your evals. 

You completely ignore the props on said take, and ridiculously signal in and bite back at myself 'not meshing with you.' 

Which then patently fosters with your apparent ego, for some utterly mad reason,  to bring it back up post draft. 

And now you try flip that into you joking around and 'me' getting offended and 'calling names.' 

Lid, you're not even convincing yourself out of this hole you've dug into. 

But hey, as I seemingly have an uncanny knack of narking you whilst innocently doing nothing outside of not agreeing, I shall walk away to save what's been a real good draft being clogged up with a very bizarre, pointless go-around.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

12 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So let's recap. 

I applauded you for a great value take, whilst in the same post saying I hadn't meshed with a lot of your evals. 

You completely ignore the props on said take, and ridiculously signal in and bite back at myself 'not meshing with you.' 

Which then patently fosters with your apparent ego, for some utterly mad reason,  to bring it back up post draft. 

And now you try flip that into you joking around and 'me' getting offended and 'calling names.' 

Lid, you're not even convincing yourself out of this hole you've dug into. 

But hey, as I seemingly have an uncanny knack of narking you whilst innocently doing nothing outside of not agreeing, I shall walk away to save what's been a real good draft being clogged up with a very bizarre, pointless go-around.

Hail. 

46 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

giphy.gif

1.3 Quinnen Williams DT Alabama                                  Gone #3

1.21 Noah Fant TE Iowa                                                    Gone #20                

3.69 Connor McGovern OG/C  Penn State                     Gone #90

4.109 Mecole Hardman WR Georgia                               Gone #56

5.149 Mike Edwards S Kentucky                                     Gone #99 

7.241 Alexander Mattison RB Boise State                      Gone #102

So far been a steady start in terms of value for the Jaguars particularly finding value in the latter rounds

Edited by Owls0325
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Owls0325 said:

1.3 Quinnen Williams DT Alabama                                  Gone #3

1.21 Noah Fant TE Iowa                                                    Gone #20                

3.69 Connor McGovern OG/C  Penn State                     Gone #90

4.109 Mecole Hardman WR Georgia                               Gone #56

5.149 Mike Edwards S Kentucky                                     Gone #99 

7.241 Alexander Mattison RB Boise State                      Gone #102

So far been a steady start in terms of value for the Jaguars particularly finding value in the latter rounds

Wow, awesome job.  That's pretty impressive:cheers:

So my wish came true: broncos were on the clock at 10 with both Haskins and lock on the board.  And they decided on: trading down!  I blame @duffy for not offering me that trade like it happened in real life!

I also must admit, elway is much better at this thing than I am.  Wow the broncos have had a great start.  Fant, lock, risner, and d Jones.  Four big needs met with great value.  I'm sure broncos fans are thrilled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

By pick 113 the Bills top 7 draft picks are drafted. Unbelievable.

And I'm still waiting for a first rounder of mine to be taken...

• Haha 1

My first 8 picks, my first 6 rounds, all gone by pick 150. Willis & Taki were easy round 7 picks for mock points, but going with obscure sleepers was more entertaining in round 7. 

The Bills are back.

With the back-to-back picks of Joe Jackson and Easton Stick, the only guy left for me who hasn't been taken is Zedrick Woods, which is a guy I took solely for his his ridiculous combine performance.  Didn't look great on tape, but I figured with how slow he looked despite being incredibly athletic, he was perhaps not put in a situation to succeed and needs a real coach to take him to his potential.  You can teach technique and scheme, but you can't teach athleticism.

• Like 1

Jacksonville Jaguars Draft- Complete 

1.03 Quinnen Williams DT Alabama                                Gone R1 #3

1.21 Noah Fant TE Iowa                                                    Gone R1 #20                

3.69 Connor McGovern OG/C  Penn State                     Gone R3 #90

4.109 Mecole Hardman WR Georgia                               Gone R2 #56

5.149 Mike Edwards S Kentucky                                     Gone R3 #99 

6.188 Phil Haynes OG/T Wake Forest                             Gone R4 #124

7.241 Alexander Mattison RB Boise State                      Gone R3 #102

7.249 Mitch Wishnowsky P Utah                                     Gone R4 #110

7.254 Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson                                Gone R5 #149

In the end successful draft for the Jaguars in terms of draft value with McGovern the only one who went after I picked him to the Cowboys however he still ended up going in the same round. Tooe a risk on taking the punter in the 7th and then he ended up going in R4. 

• Thanks 1