Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

yankees got screwed on a horrendous called strike 3 to end their half of the inning

Astros hit a walk off homer on the very first pitch of their half

cold game

Man the call before that strike out call was a foul tip on a ball that was nowhere near the bat LOL Wouldn’t say screwed.  Swift justice ha

Edited by -JB-

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

yankees got screwed on a horrendous called strike 3 to end their half of the inning

Astros hit a walk off homer on the very first pitch of their half

cold game

They didn't get screwed. Sanchez should have been out when he swung and missed by a foot and they called a foul tip. Then the next pitch is just off the plate and is called strike 3. There never should have been that pitch since he was clearly out on the pitch before that. 

By the way, why is that not reviewable? In the playoffs in a big spot like that, how can you not review that. This isn't the first time this has happened in the playoffs. I can't believe that isn't a reviewable play. 

No idea how they overturned that one. His wrist hit his helmet, not the glove. And glove didn't hit his back til he was on the bag.

Hurts even more with the HR right after turning into a solo.

Ahh that last shot looked like he drug his glove down his back after the wrist hit the helmet. Still very close.

Edited by CRobi21

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Aaron Boone is blowing this series. No way you can beat the Astros wearing that budget ass cut off hoodie and cheap looking tshirt. 

You coach the Yankees, not some middle of the road Conference USA team. Put on the pinstripes you loser.

Must be copying Belicheck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yankees reportedly have offered 7/245 to Gerrit Cole.  I wonder if Angels will match or come close because that’s his hometown/childhood team.  Or Is he waiting for Stras to set the market?  

Tough. Quick calculation online indicates he'd pay roughly $500k more in taxes on every $10m earned in Anaheim vs The Bronx. Now, only half of his games would be subject to the home team's tax rate, so then you get into really convoluted math... Angeles have two division opponents in Texas (no income tax) and one other in CA, and one in Washington. Yanks have a FL (no income tax) but also one in Toronto. Anyway.. guessing Angles would need to exceed the Yankees offer by something like 10-15m to match the post-tax take home pay. 

I guessed a few weeks Cole would sign for $260m after all the bidding is done, so that's pretty much in line with my expectations. 

12 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yankees reportedly have offered 7/245 to Gerrit Cole.  I wonder if Angels will match or come close because that’s his hometown/childhood team.  Or Is he waiting for Stras to set the market?  

I think Stras is waiting for Cole to set the market.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

...and in 3 years when these guys lose 3-5mph on their fastballs and become super hittable...this is some stupid crazy $'s being thrown around on pitchers who are 29+ yo.

Max Scherzer has pitched VERY WELL into his mid 30’s.  People act like pitchers suddenly shut down when they hit 35-36.  Not the case.  Stras is entering his age 31

season and just came off his best season plus a dominant postseason that was all-time great.  He can be great for the next handful of years, easily.  

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Strasburg hasn't really relied on his fastball for a couple of years.  His velocity has been down for a number of years, partially by design.  He learned to be something other than a straight fastball pitcher.

yeah he sits about 93-94 and can get higher here and there, but he doesn't throw the fastball nearly as much as he used to. His secondary pitches are so devastating that he doesn't have to. I think he stopped throwing the fastball when he started pinpointing the changeup and curveball, both of which he can throw anywhere he wants. As long as he has enough juice on the fastball to keep hitters honest, he'll be fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

...and in 3 years when these guys lose 3-5mph on their fastballs and become super hittable...this is some stupid crazy $'s being thrown around on pitchers who are 29+ yo.

30 is not the death knell for Ps that people think it is. Scherzer's best years have been post 30 and Stras is just hitting his prime IMO.

• Like 1