Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

red sox pretty bad right now. maybe they should throw some more money at players to try to buy some more wins 🙄

On 4/6/2019 at 2:04 AM, DCSaints_fan said:

I don't know what the heck happened with Boston's pitching in the offseason, but whatever it was, I'm liking it.

their starter era is like 8 ERA right now lol

to me honestly i am fine with anyone winning a WS but boston. fried chicken eating, beer drinking, apple watch cheating scumbags

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

What the hell is going on with the Red Sox?

Their starting pitching has been horrendous--no one has an ERA under 6.00, or a FIP under 4.93 (both belong to David Price). Sale's fastball is down a full 3.5 MPH from last year. That's a huge dropoff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Horrible contracts. 

Wow, did Jeff Passan just start writing yesterday ? 

The Ozzie Albies extension was 7 years $35 milion . 

The Orioles still owe Chris Davis $92 miliion dollars.   He earned $23million last year (including deferred money) to be a -3 WAR player. 

He has yet to get a base hit this year.

Albies could complete forgot how to play baseball tomorrow, and the contract still wouldn't be as 1/3 as bad as Chris Davis. 

4 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Wow, did Jeff Passan just start writing yesterday ? 

The Ozzie Albies extension was 7 years $35 milion . 

The Orioles still owe Chris Davis $92 miliion dollars.   He earned $23million last year (including deferred money) to be a -3 WAR player. 

He has yet to get a base hit this year.

Albies could complete forgot how to play baseball tomorrow, and the contract still wouldn't be as 1/3 as bad as Chris Davis. 

You strongly misunderstood his point.

He looked at the contract from the player perspective. Albies probably lost $100 million with this contract. In fact, he and Acuna lost a significant amount of money with their contracts.

Chris Davis has the worst contract in the history of organized business dealings. At least in terms of the employer side. From the employee side he is literally living the American Dream. Imagine getting paid millions and having ridiculous job salary despite being the absolute WORST in your profession.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Their starting pitching has been horrendous--no one has an ERA under 6.00, or a FIP under 4.93 (both belong to David Price). Sale's fastball is down a full 3.5 MPH from last year. That's a huge dropoff.

I was very surprised the Red Sox gave him an extension of that size but then I remembered their GM gives out huge contracts to everyone he can. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I was very surprised the Red Sox gave him an extension of that size but then I remembered their GM gives out huge contracts to everyone he can. 

I always thought Sale was going to crash at some point. That delivery is so awkward and violent. I just thought it would be a few years from now. He's gotta be hurt. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, TheDoyler23 said:

I always thought Sale was going to crash at some point. That delivery is so awkward and violent. I just thought it would be a few years from now. He's gotta be hurt. 

Good, **** him.  Another miserable performance last night.  Seeing Sale and the Sox being terrible is fantastic.  Not only is the velocity not there he can't locate anything.

You might not win a pennant in April but you can certainly lose it.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Torres of the Yankees just had a called 3 run homer taken away from him because of a Jeffrey Maier situation. 

Ball prob would have been out out of the fan hadn’t reached over the fence. 

Ah well. FTY. 

Until it costs them a playoff series, it won’t matter. If the same thing happens in a game they would have won otherwise in the playoffs and they go on to lose the series, then things will be even.