Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Look at JD Martinez trying to get ahead of the reaction everyone's going to have when MLB finds that the Red Sox cheated, too:

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The passionate reaction around baseball regarding the Astros' sign-stealing scandal continues to capture the attention of the sport, with stars like Justin Turner and Mike Trout speaking out against MLB's punishment of Houston on Monday, but Red Sox designated hitter J.D. Martinez said that he believes that the discourse around baseball was "getting a little bit too much."

"I understand players' frustrations and stuff like that, but I think in my opinion, it's already getting a little bit too much," Martinez said. "We have to move past it at some point. We can't continue to talk about it. I know it's frustrating right now. People want to talk about it, this and that, but it's 2020. I think teams are aware of everything that's kind of happened. ... From here on out, it's going to be a different message in the clubhouses and a different environment with people, like steroids. The punishments were so harsh that people weren't going to attempt to think about doing anymore. I think it will get to that point."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28724451/red-sox-jd-martinez-thinks-astros-bashing-bit-much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Manfred has really done ****ed up.  No way the players aren't going to take this into their hands now, they're going to take it upon themselves to police the game since it's obvious he won't do it.  Justin Turner came out today with more scathing comments.  So did Trout.  It's not gonna end here, when you see the best player in the game like Trout speaking up about it, it's going to embolden other guys to say stuff, too.

The Astros are going to play dodgeball all summer and it'll be great.  And the MLBPA is going to have a mess on it's hands...on one hand they've got the Astros players who are getting off scot free for a pretty heinous crime against the game, which the MLBPA is probably fine with considering they don't want anyone to get suspended, fined, etc...and then they have the rest of the players who are absolutely pissed with the Astros players and will take matters into their own hands since the commissioner didn't do anything.  You look at a guy like Cody Bellinger and how irate he was, he doesn't give a **** about the MLBPA and that the Astros players are part of a union with him.

It's a loop now.

Manfred is saying that the Players Union told their people to cooperate for immunity so he can't go back and hold any players accountable.

Then you have players from other teams upset there isn't more of a punishment and are calling out Manfred.

So, what happens now? There aren't enough players in their union to hold their own members accountable?

• 1 month later...