Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

For DCSaints:

Commissioner Rob Manfred has circulated a five-page memo to teams enforcing the league’s existing sign-stealing rules and outlining new ones governing the use of technology and replay systems.

Teams may not position cameras between the foul poles in the outfield if not for broadcast purposes. Team replay assistants, who help notify managers when to challenge a call on the field, will have access only to the live game broadcast and will be monitored by a security expert. All other TV monitors available to players and coaches, such as screens in the bullpen or clubhouse, will show the live game broadcast on an eight-second delay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/20/mlb-aims-crack-down-games-tradition-sign-stealing/

Just now, Hersh said:

Beltran knows he would be questioned all year about the scandal. It's easier to run and hide. 

Particularly when you have the career earnings that he does.  Just retire and go be rich somewhere nice, don't deal with this **** on top of the **** that inevitably comes with being part of the LOLMets. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And the Mets are a couple days behind in interviewing manager candidates that the Astros/Sox are looking at.  I don't really hate the Mets that much but I take a bit of comfort in knowing that there's a bigger mess out there than my Orioles. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And the Mets are a couple days behind in interviewing manager candidates that the Astros/Sox are looking at.  I don't really hate the Mets that much but I take a bit of comfort in knowing that there's a bigger mess out there than my Orioles. 

It's not the team as much as it is their fanbase. Just unbearable levels of douchery.

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

It's not the team as much as it is their fanbase. Just unbearable levels of douchery.

All fanbases have douchey fans, some more than others.  But I'd say in the Mets case that it's just more of a byproduct from being from NYC and the sense of entitlement that goes along with it.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

All fanbases have douchey fans, some more than others.  But I'd say that's just more of a byproduct from being from NYC and the sense of entitlement that goes along with it.

That's absolutely part of it. 

NL East has to have worst fanbases to attend games with. New Yorkers with a Napoleon complex and Philly garbage has to put us in the top 5.

10 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

NL East has to have worst fanbases to attend games with. New Yorkers with a Napoleon complex and Philly garbage has to put us in the top 5.

Not to get into a measuring contest here, but...hello, AL East.  We've got a Boston team.  Kinda offset by the Rays because no one goes to their games and cares about them but...yeah, Boston.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

The worst is when Braves fans come into Nats Park and do the stupid chop.  

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not to get into a measuring contest here, but...hello, AL East.  We've got a Boston team.  Kinda offset by the Rays because no one goes to their games and cares about them but...yeah, Boston.

That thought entered my mom as soon as I hit 'Submit Reply'.

🤤😄

I will not edit this post. Too funny of a typo/auto correct.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

For DCSaints:

Commissioner Rob Manfred has circulated a five-page memo to teams enforcing the league’s existing sign-stealing rules and outlining new ones governing the use of technology and replay systems.

Teams may not position cameras between the foul poles in the outfield if not for broadcast purposes. Team replay assistants, who help notify managers when to challenge a call on the field, will have access only to the live game broadcast and will be monitored by a security expert. All other TV monitors available to players and coaches, such as screens in the bullpen or clubhouse, will show the live game broadcast on an eight-second delay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/20/mlb-aims-crack-down-games-tradition-sign-stealing/

So this was prior to the 2019 season ... when did the Astros and Red Sox violations occur?