Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN S LANDON COLLINS with quotes

TK

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I was cooking at that juncture and I didn't see the final touchdown (I heard it as I cranked the volume). Care to share a cutup of it? I'd like to see it.

I don't have a cut up but was watching live. Shallow crossing tight end ran across his face. Easy pitch and catch w/ Collins trailing. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.36.50 AM.png

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

No.

Stop.

I'm not going to go that far but he is overpaid/has under performed from a coverage perspective this year. We can say that about most in the secondary but....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have no idea why Collins continues to be a target. Hes the best player on D without a hand in the dirt.

And he's been playing with Larry Mo and Curley most of the year.  

I don't think, at this point, it can be over-stated how much of a liability both Norman and Nicholson are in the secondary.  Dunny is fine, but he's like the Chris Thompson of the defense, 3 good games, 3 games off, 2 more good games, IR.  

There is some hope for "the people's corner" and Moreau on the outside, and when the secondary was Dunny/Moreau/Moreland at CB with Collins at SS, that was the best combination.  

They just can't seem to get the FS position right though. It's like a complete blind spot.  

Also, I don't think it can be understated HOW BAD Manusky is.  Whereas most coaches are either neutral or additive to talent, he absolutely gets less of the talent than the sum of the parts. How he kept his job is a mystery.  It has to be dirty pictures or something like that.  Because nothing else makes sense.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think, at this point, it can be over-stated how much of a liability both Norman and Nicholson are in the secondary.  Dunny is fine, but he's like the Chris Thompson of the defense, 3 good games, 3 games off, 2 more good games, IR.  

There is some hope for "the people's corner" and Moreau on the outside, and when the secondary was Dunny/Moreau/Moreland at CB with Collins at SS, that was the best combination.  

They just can't seem to get the FS position right though. It's like a complete blind spot.  

Also, I don't think it can be understated HOW BAD Manusky is.  Whereas most coaches are either neutral or additive to talent, he absolutely gets less of the talent than the sum of the parts. How he kept his job is a mystery.  It has to be dirty pictures or something like that.  Because nothing else makes sense.  

The ILBs were so lost yesterday. They make our Dline look awful. Payne tackling people 10/15 yards down field is ridiculous. Collins cant fix an entire secondary by himself, especially without a competent DC. 

FA will always be more expensive. That's how it is. Collins would have to play out of his mind to make it look like a steal. Hes played up to it at least. 

This team has ignored the FS position since ST. Its incredible. At least we're not just putting old CBs back there anymore. Maybe because we dont have any.

• Like 1

Collins seems legit to me. Sure, one can argue not paying an in the box safety the money he received, but that doesn’t take away that he’s one of the best at doing it. 

The further you get elsewhere from the ball the more dependent of others a player is, so get Reuben Foster and Chase Young with the other young guys improving and a great stat year (We fans love Interceptions, highlights, or even a play that seals a game to infiltrate our mind for that season, especially if winning) will hopefully present itself. 

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is why our #2 overall (I think Dallas beats us next week) should be up for sale and we get a King's ransom for it and get a stud LT, TE, CB, FS in the draft.

You forgot stud ILB, stud LG to replace Flowers if he leaves, stud center, stud WR to pair with McLaurin, stud RB to handcuff Guice with. Anywhere else we need a stud? I'm not a Wizards fan, but as long as we're shopping, do they need anything?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/quintondunbar/2553796/profile

As you can see, last year was the first year of his career Dunbar missed significant time.

free safety has been a problem for us for decades with only rare exception

46 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You forgot stud ILB, stud LG to replace Flowers if he leaves, stud center, stud WR to pair with McLaurin, stud RB to handcuff Guice with. Anywhere else we need a stud? I'm not a Wizards fan, but as long as we're shopping, do they need anything?

Yes, the list would definitely include ILB and I'd like to replace those but the ones I listed I think need to be addressed first and foremost.  I hope and think they will try and extend Flowers before the season ends at least I hope so. 

Edited by RWJ

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, the list would definitely include ILB and I'd like to replace those but the ones I listed I think need to be addressed first and foremost.  I hope and think they will try and extend Flowers before the season ends at least I hope so. 

Mark my words... besides OL, ILB is our absolute biggest need.

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wes Martin can play LG, if Flowers leaves.  I have to think we'll re-sign one of our guards.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

hopefully next year we'll only have one ILB on the field at a time

57 minutes ago, carex said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/quintondunbar/2553796/profile

As you can see, last year was the first year of his career Dunbar missed significant time.

free safety has been a problem for us for decades with only rare exception

That's a little skewed stat, though.  He's nicked up a lot. Comes out of games a bunch.  Last year was also the first year he was really "a starter."  And then he went down with the nerve injury and he's been in and out of the lineup all year this year.  

He is one of my favorite players on the team and I hope he overcomes his issues. When he's available he's very good.  He's also a great story.  However it's putting your fingers in your ears and gong "LALALALALALA" to not acknowledge that availability for him is a concern.  

23 minutes ago, carex said:

Wes Martin can play LG, if Flowers leaves.  I have to think we'll re-sign one of our guards.

hopefully next year we'll only have one ILB on the field at a time

Wes Martin is going to have to play RG when Scherff leaves.

They NEED to re-sign Flowers NOW.  This should have already been done, honestly.  You finally found a diamond in the rough, make it stick.  

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

This is why our #2 overall (I think Dallas beats us next week) should be up for sale and we get a King's ransom for it and get a stud LT, TE, CB, FS in the draft.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No.  We get rid of Norman, Richardson, and Trent Williams, to free up a ton of cap space and address. TE, LT.  Keep the number two pick to get Chase Young, and have him and Foster hit everything moving next year.

Keep Jordan Reed at a reduced salary, sign dual TE like Hunter Henry and draft one later in the draft. Sprinkle and Davis can go. 

Yes, I’m a sucker for elite talents and have been proven wrong on Reed, but if he’s gonna play, I’d rather see the Skins hang in there at a reduced cost with a different set of expectations. 

16 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

No.  We get rid of Norman, Richardson, and Trent Williams, to free up a ton of cap space and address. TE, LT.  Keep the number two pick to get Chase Young, and have him and Foster hit everything moving next year.

What are you saying no to? I never said not to draft Chase Young. Read the rest of my posts on the subject. I'm saying ILB is our biggest need. EDGE is NOT our biggest need. Doesn't mean I'd pass on Young. :ols:

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

What are you saying no to? I never said not to draft Chase Young. Read the rest of my posts on the subject. I'm saying ILB is our biggest need. EDGE is NOT our biggest need. Doesn't mean I'd pass on Young. :ols:

Oh sorry.  But yeah I think edge rusher is more important.  Inside is easier to play.  I even think maybe Dion Hamilton needs more snaps.  Kerrigan is breaking down, he’s had a excellent career.

• 2 years later...

I wanted to bump this to show my support for bringing Collins back but then I thought, “people are going to see the thread title, get excited thinking we resigned him, and get all pissed off at me when they realize it was just a bump.” and I said to myself, even better!!

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb down 7

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wanted to bump this to show my support for bringing Collins back but then I thought, “people are going to see the thread title, get excited thinking we resigned him, and get all pissed off at me when they realize it was just a bump.” and I said to myself, even better!!

25EED6FB-99C5-430A-9FC1-EEF9979A8F40.jpeg

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Apke still couldn’t do what Collins has with the same opportunities.

That's so 2019.  The hip new thing is to convince ourselves that butler can do the same things Collins can do with the same opportunities.

• Haha 1