Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Gambino crime family boss Frank Cali shot dead outside Staten Island home

China

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yep. stuff like drugs, sports betting, prostitution, extortion/loan sharking, credit card fraud, and various industrial-related stuff.

Mostly stuff that leaves fewer dead bodies. They're not what they were,  but I still wouldn't **** with them 

Drugs doesn't leave dead bodies? 

I thought the old mob stayed away from drugs because it was too violent.

Though I suppose it doesn't rule out squeezing low level dealers for pay protection money.   

21 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Though I suppose it doesn't rule out squeezing low level dealers for pay protection money.   

If my understanding of the mafia from Hollywood movies is accurate, there was an internal struggle between the old guard and the young up and comers between dealing drugs and not.  Pretty sure this was covered in Godfather I :)

I forgot about Sammy The Bull running the ecstasy ring.  So maybe I was way off base.  Of course this was after he flipped so you could argue he wasn't really part of the mob anymore.

I knew the the Mafia 'involved' in drugs for years, but I thought at least tried to insulate themselves to a degree.   Kind of like how Omar did on The Wire (He didn't deal, he just robbed the dealers) 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If my understanding of the mafia from Hollywood movies is accurate, there was an internal struggle between the old guard and the young up and comers between dealing drugs and not.  Pretty sure this was covered in Godfather I :)

Don't believe it - total b.s.!

Frank Costello was the only one opposed, and the mafia was THE main supplier of heroin into the US for decades.

Later Paul Castellano forbade it, because he figured the mob could make more money with their monopoly on construction and not have to worry about guys flipping. The main motivation for Gotti killing Castellano was because Gotti's brother has been caught on surveillance tapes doing drug deals, which carried a death sentence under Castellano's rules.

Again, most of the dealing was done through zips, because they were more trusted to do time rather than become rats. Drugs were the primary motivation for American Cosa Nostra going back to the old country and forming alliances with the mafia.

SI mob boss's alleged killer says he smoked pot before shooting armed crime kingpin: sources

The Staten Island man accused in the ambush shooting death of a Mafia family boss said told cops he smoked pot before the killing and tried to float a self-defense theory, law enforcement sources said.

Anthony Comello, 24, told investigators that Gambino crime family boss Frank Cali came at him with a gun — forcing him to shoot.

Cops found no weapon on Cali — and are still trying to figure out what drove Comello to shoot the 53-year-old mob kingpin right outside his Todt Hill home.

Investigators are looking into the possibility the killing was by lovesick rage unrelated to mob business. Cali may have tried to prevent Comello from dating his niece, police sources said.

Comello was busted Saturday in Brick Township, N.J., about 50 miles from the scene of the crime, where his family owns a house.

Click on the link for the full article

On 3/15/2019 at 6:01 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

Riggo pretty much covered it.  And I said fewer dead bodies. Many of them are involved. They made it a point to put their product on the street in poorer, low Income areas and many of the bosses feigned ignorance over it so they could keep up with their bogus image (perpetuated by Hollywood, something I've long had a problem with, as my dad's side of the family is Italian, and from Brooklyn originally).

When I said "fewer dead bodies" I meant that many of them have incorporated white collar crimes as a part of their operation. But the notion that they never dabbled in the drug game is largely a fairy tale. So is the notion that they aren't still out there.

They're just not as high a priority as they used to be.

1 hour ago, China said:

Investigators are looking into the possibility the killing was by lovesick rage unrelated to mob business. Cali may have tried to prevent Comello from dating his niece, police sources said.

That is some **** for a ****ing goodfella to get it. 

• 2 weeks later...

'I never hurt nobody that was innocent': 102-year-old John 'Sonny' Franzese, the former Colombo crime family No. 2, speaks for the first time since his release from prison where he served 50 years because he refused to rat on his friends

Franzese has boasted about killing 60 people in a lifetime of crime, officials say

A former No. 2 in the Colombo crime family who served 50 years in prison for refusing to rat on his partners is speaking out on Wednesday - nearly two years after he was released from federal prison at the age of 100.

John ‘Sonny’ Franzese, 102, said in an interview published on Wednesday that the federal government tried to convince him to testify against his friends in exchange for a reduced sentence.

‘They wanted me to roll all the time,’ Franzese told Newsday.

‘I couldn’t do that. Because it’s my principle.

‘I could never give a guy up because I knew what jail was. I wouldn’t put a dog in a jail pod.’

Franzese, a reputed underboss for the Colombo crime family based in New York City, was 100 years old, the oldest prisoner in the federal penal system, when he was released in June 2017.

Franzese left the Federal Medical Center in Devens, Massachusetts, in a wheelchair after he finished serving a 50-year sentence for bank robbery.

$

Franzese was accused of being involved in loan sharking and extortion.

The U.S. Bureau of Prisons confirms he was the oldest prisoner until his release. He was paroled at least six times since his 1967 conviction, but each time ended back in prison.

In his first public comments since his release, Franzese said that ‘no one in history’ had done as much as he did by keeping his mouth shut.

‘Jesus suffered,’ he said. ‘He didn’t squeal on nobody.’

John Gotti, the notorious boss of the Gambino crime family, once remarked that Franzese was ‘one tough f*****g guy’ for his refusal to testify against his friends.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived