Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Case

Tsailand

We have nothing to lose.  If he flops, we downgraded a 6th rounder to a 7th rounder and paid him 3.5 mil.  Not a big deal.  Or we found a QB who can succeed in our system and win us some games.  It's kind of ironic that ppl are fearing that this QB will come in and all by himself win us a few extra games and take us out of primo draft position.  But isn't a QB who can win us a handful of games all by himself what we've all been looking for all along??

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I just went back to the original Cult of Colt thread...I know I posted on it but couldn't remember what I said. Apparently, Blondie and I started talking about her watching me have sex...

😐

For the love of all that is good and holy, shut this thread down nowwwwwww....

Something something Rock Cartwright something something

Sad when we get a new quarterback and the most excitement I can have is reminiscing about ES.

He has thrown for 64 touchdowns.   He is a streaky quarterback for sure.  But he is less streaky than Ryan Fitzpatrick and if the Skins can get some speedy receivers through the draft then we might not go 7-9 this upcoming season.  Usually when the Skins have the Danny start up the plane it ends in disaster and we over pay to get some overrated clown like Haynesworth, etc.  I may be wrong but this move does not smell of desperation.

I am really struggling to see how this is such a bad trade. Unless I heard it wrong, we traded 2020 - yes I am pretty sure it's 2020 - 6th and 7th rd drafts picks and are paying him a total of $3.5M. And he is only under contract for 1 yr. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-reportedly-agree-to-trade-case-keenum-to-redskins-will-pay-half-of-qbs-2019-salary/

So basically they gave themselves another option as a back-up. And if ends up starting it means we used our draft resources to fix other holes. But they can still trade for Rosen, who BTW AZ has not said at least publicly they are ready to trade yet. And even if they want to trade him, they can afford to sit tight, even right up to the draft, to get maximum value. And if that's what they are doing, then that means the Redskins are not paying just whatever to get him. This way they can afford to wait and it lets AZ the Redskins have other options. 

Also it means they bring in an experienced veteran to help work with any young and if he does not beat McCoy out, a back=up for when he get injured. Then the load up headed towards 2020 where there is a much better group of QBs. 

As i said elsewhere, i am all in for a good Redskins FO bashing as they pretty much deserve it. But you have to also give them credit when they make a good move - and this is a really good move. Provides some veteran depth for virtually nothing.  

Need to back off the ledge. We have a long off-season to go here. 

34 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

He has thrown for 64 touchdowns.   He is a streaky quarterback for sure.  But he is less streaky than Ryan Fitzpatrick and if the Skins can get some speedy receivers through the draft then we might not go 7-9 this upcoming season.  Usually when the Skins have the Danny start up the plane it ends in disaster and we over pay to get some overrated clown like Haynesworth, etc.  I may be wrong but this move does not smell of desperation.

I'm not looking for speedy WRs as much as I want to see tough guys that can win over the middle, a la Garcon. CK doesn't seem to really get the velocity on his passes to exploit that deep speed threat type of player

This isn’t a bad trade, in fact almost everyone won in this.  Elway, Case and Bruce.  Everybody got something they needed out of it.

Except Skins fans.  This move all but cements the fact that they won’t have a chance at the #1 pick in the 2020 draft.  Case is good enough to maybe hit Bruce’s ceiling of 9-7 under optimal circumstances but not bad enough to win 3 games and make a play for the top pick.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I am really struggling to see how this is such a bad trade. Unless I heard it wrong, we traded 2020 - yes I am pretty sure it's 2020 - 6th and 7th rd drafts picks and are paying him a total of $3.5M. And he is only under contract for 1 yr. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-reportedly-agree-to-trade-case-keenum-to-redskins-will-pay-half-of-qbs-2019-salary/

So basically they gave themselves another option as a back-up. And if ends up starting it means we used our draft resources to fix other holes. But they can still trade for Rosen, who BTW AZ has not said at least publicly they are ready to trade yet. And even if they want to trade him, they can afford to sit tight, even right up to the draft, to get maximum value. And if that's what they are doing, then that means the Redskins are not paying just whatever to get him. This way they can afford to wait and it lets AZ the Redskins have other options. 

Also it means they bring in an experienced veteran to help work with any young and if he does not beat McCoy out, a back=up for when he get injured. Then the load up headed towards 2020 where there is a much better group of QBs. 

As i said elsewhere, i am all in for a good Redskins FO bashing as they pretty much deserve it. But you have to also give them credit when they make a good move - and this is a really good move. Provides some veteran depth for virtually nothing.  

Need to back off the ledge. We have a long off-season to go here. 

It's a good trade. The downside is that it's seen as a treading water kind of move. People doubt Keenum has a high enough ceiling to elevate a team lacking weapons. Our best weapons, Thompson and Reed were absent last year. Crowder may be gone, but he's had two pretty injury-riddled inconsistent years in a row and Doctson might still come on, but hardly looks to be a superstar.

All that said, I though Case Keenum got screwed by the Vikings two years ago. They treated him like Trent Dilfer and I believe they would have been better or, at minimum, it would have been the right thing to do to keep him instead of going after (the grass is greener on the other side) Kirk Cousins. He was the right fit for the Vikings. I don't know that he will be a good fit for us.

From a distance, Keenum seems like a good hot/cold QB. He's in that comfy middle of QBs that can outproduce what they are supposed to do. With that in mind, part of me embraces the guy who is an overachiever versus another high potential no production bum (which the Redskins have a history of falling in love with)

We're back, baby!   Can you say, 500?  Not that we ever left....

He was THE perfect pickup to strive to remain 500 via an old QB fleet, without over committing financially. I wonder what Jay wanted - I think its safe to say he didn't want to develop someone this far into his tenure. Not that I think he had a say in the matter.

I think we are done at QB. 

As much as I hate our FO, considering our CAP numbers, this is a great move.  It basically cost us nothing and we still have money to land a good safety in FA.  We could potentially trade for Rosen and have a real battle in camp for starting QB, all on the cheap.  At least we're no longer in desperation mode for a QB.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This isn’t a bad trade, in fact almost everyone won in this.  Elway, Case and Bruce.  Everybody got something they needed out of it.

Except Skins fans.  This move all but cements the fact that they won’t have a chance at the #1 pick in the 2020 draft.  Case is good enough to maybe hit Bruce’s ceiling of 9-7 under optimal circumstances but not bad enough to win 3 games and make a play for the top pick.

i disagree. I do not think Case is that good and I still not convinced this is their long term solution. He is a back-up. One that will be needed when Colt gets injured and he will get injured.

This changes absolutely nothing in terms of what the team can or can't do this off season. And he could still be part of a package to get Rosen. If everyone else is offering a 2nd and the Redskins can throw in Keenum who has a history with AZ now HC and is cheap, it can make the deal. They could still take a rookie in the draft. They could trade up - not what I want - draft one if they fall, or take one later. 

Also, I am not sure how adding Case provides absolution on March 7th, that at the end of the 2019 season the team is 7-9. BTW: Wwhat makes everyone so sure 7-9 doesn't get Bruce **** canned? If they miss the playoffs again then I believe Dan moves on from Bruce and Jay. That's just a guess.

Anyway, there are so many things that can happen and will happen. You have no idea how the draft turns out. You have no idea when FAs we are getting. Injuries? Who takes another step forward. How the new coaching staff works out.

This is not directed to at you battered: 

Many of you are just making way too much out of a extremely depth move at QB. And please all of you about to provide all the recent history of the team, just save it. I know the history in minute detail. I have been here. I know exactly what has happened and when the team has **** the bed I have been front and center in calling them out on it. I get the apathy as with all the change the only constant has been our failure. I get it. 

As much as I want them to leave QB alone and prepare for 2020, you can't honestly expect them to do that. It's a totally ridiculous expectation. If you are going to lose your **** every time they make a move that might just actually help the team and make them even the slightest bit better, you are in for a very long off-season and beyond. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

As much as I want them to leave QB alone and prepare for 2020, you can't honestly expect them to do that. It's a totally ridiculous expectation. If you are going to lose your **** every time they make a move that might just actually help the team and make them even the slightest bit better, you are in for a very long off-season and beyond. 

You must have me confused with someone else.  The Skins no longer have the ability to make me lose my ****.  Nor was I ever under the impression that they were going to just chill at QB, willfully tank and draft Tua.  I’m well aware that Bruce and Jay need to do something at the position for their own self preservation.

My point was that this is a good move if your Bruce or Jay trying to avoid an epic failure of a season.  It’s a good move for Elway to get rid of Keenum and some of his salary.  It’s a good move for Case to have a chance to start somewhere.

But if you’re a Skins fan hoping for meaningful change and a chance for a new regime to select a franchise QB, the chances are much better for that with Colt and Josh Johnson dueling in camp for the starter spot.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You must have me confused with someone else.  The Skins no longer have the ability to make me lose my ****.  Nor was I ever under the impression that they were going to just chill at QB, willfully tank and draft Tua.  I’m well aware that Bruce and Jay need to do something at the position for their own self preservation.

My point was that this is a good move if your Bruce or Jay trying to avoid an epic failure of a season.  It’s a good move for Elway to get rid of Keenum and some of his salary.  It’s a good move for Case to have a chance to start somewhere.

But if you’re a Skins fan hoping for meaningful change and a chance for a new regime to select a franchise QB, the chances are much better for that with Colt and Josh Johnson dueling in camp for the starter spot.

That was not directed at you. I forgot to state that. I have corrected. 

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Dude won't even be on the roster..this all part of a trade package to get Rosen..

So Bruce Finally got a chess set?

The dude who has been trotting Luavao out there as LG the last three years?

Okay.

Archived