Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 'Tarhog knows **** about NFL Coaching' Thread

Tarhog

I cheered loudly when Marvin Lewis packed his bags and flew out of town. I smugly rejoiced when he chose the lowly Bengals to begin what was sure NOT to be a storied career as an NFL coach. I knew, with absolute certainty that he was overrated, a benificiary of incredible talent with the Ravens, not a coaching genius. He lacked character, was a whiny SOB, and I couldn't stand him.

Wrong.

Wrong.

oh, and one other thing.

Wrong.

What he's done to the Bengals is nothing short of miraculous.

Here's to you Coach Lewis. A belated apology.

You are, without a question, the MAN.

PS - Danny has a really really big wallet ;)

Whoa. What's this? An apology there Tarhog? Ok. Fess up. What are ya up too? :silly: Distinctly recall Marvin getting abused on the board last year. From his defensive playcalling, strict disipline on the field, (play your assignments), to his interviewing for a college coaching job before the season was over, (he got blasted for the same thing Hue just got done doing). Marvin's done a great job out there in Cinci. The team and the town are happy people these days. Now, he's got to keep doing it. Looks like the ownership is going to let him do just that. :cheers:

A MAN ADMITTING HE WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Next thing you know y'all will be asking directions!!

BTW, being a TRUE woman, I have to say I voiced on this board how I like Marvin and thought he was a good coach. I know I am suppose to pass up an I TOLD YOU SO but I just couldn't.

Luv ya Tar. Don't hold it against me.

;)

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

Next thing you know y'all will be asking directions!!

Lets not get carried away :laugh:

Directions.

Thats a good one :rotflmao:

Originally posted by Blondie Don't hold it against me
Being a semi-gentleman, I'll just let that go. ;)

Originally posted by Yusuf06

Hindsight is 20/20 Tarhog. No need to beat yourself up over it. However, I can't say the same about Danny and Co. Our F.O. had a pretty good H.C. in house and let him get away.:twitch:

Oh trust me. Its needed.

Funny thing is, I'm a discipline guy. I'd rather have a disciplined team and go 3-13 than a bunch of typical NFL posers who taunt, lead in penalties, but break .500.

What I never envisioned in light of Lewis' smug, arrogant 'I know how to run an NFL franchise better than the current head coach' attitude is that he really MIGHT know how to run an NFL franchise better than the current head coach!

Kick me.

I deserve it.

I'm of the firm belief we'd be at least 10-6 if Marvin Lewis were our guy.

Archived