Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)

Spaceman Spiff

I'd only heard of this guy after his attack, but in the words of The Dude, "New **** has come to light!"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month.

Smollett denies playing a role in his attack, according to a statement from his attorneys.
The men, who are brothers, were arrested Wednesday but released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence."
The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

I figured this would be prime Tailgate fodder.

I hope he didn't orchestrate this attack.  That would be ****ed up on a lot of different levels.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Another topic that demands I STFU until the facts come out but this **** is exactly the kind of thing used to justify "Fake news!" to people that are predisposed to believe that.

This is my biggest concern if he turns out he staged the whole thing.  **** like this does happen, but you know there are certain elements of our society who will seize on this as an example of how it is all made up.  I hope he didn't fake it, he would have done actual victims a real disservice.

My other question would be for what motivation?  Career recognition?  I hadn't really heard of Empire but it appears to be a pretty successful show he's been on for four years, and there are several other acting and TV Credits.  HIs career is already better than 95% of people who make a go at Hollywood.

• Like 1

Even though it sounded very odd from the get go, I gave this dude the benefit of the doubt until it all played out.  But the way things are going now, it is really starting to look like he set the whole thing up.  If that pans out to be true, I really want to know WTF his motivation was for all of this.

Just now, purbeast said:

Even though it sounded very odd from the get go, I gave this dude the benefit of the doubt until it all played out.  But the way things are going now, it is really starting to look like he set the whole thing up.  If that pans out to be true, I really want to know WTF his motivation was for all of this.

I saw something yesterday that said his character was about to be written out of the show so he did this to gain sympathy a d attention so they would retain him.

27 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I saw something yesterday that said his character was about to be written out of the show so he did this to gain sympathy a d attention so they would retain him.

Fox made a statement that flat out denies that though, so who knows.

10 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Another way of writing this. There's hate and bad guys both sides. 

Well, I think there’s “bad guys”, as in ones who would actually lynch a gay black guy.  And then there’s people like this, who are tying to exploit it for their own motives.  To me, one is certainly worse than the other.

53 minutes ago, Forehead said:

My other question would be for what motivation?  Career recognition?  

Could be. 

Fake hate crimes (or any fake events painting someone as an innocent sympathetic victim) exist because some people like the attention or the feeling it gives them. Munchausen is this to the extreme. People have chopped off their own limbs for this type of sympathy. 

Political motivation could be another reason. If you want to bring attention to a cause you think isn't getting attention (or you just hate trump), this is one way to do it. This story was big from day one. 

Could be a combination of things, including mental instability. Emma Sulkowitz, aka mattress girl, got a ton of attention, including that of a senator, even though her story appears incredible upon any amount of scrutiny. Some of her actions indicate she may have some issues. 

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Another topic that demands I STFU until the facts come out but this ..........

From what I've seen in this topic that is exactly what this forum did when the story first came out.  I may be wrong but I think this thread is the first mention of the subject. Gotta admit that surprised me given the wider media's initial response.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

From what I've seen in this topic that is exactly what this forum did when the story first came out.  I may be wrong but I think this thread is the first mention of the subject. Gotta admit that surprised me given the wider media's initial response.

-

People everywhere, across the political spectrum and from all walks of life have been burned by this ****, it is about time that they (including me) started to get the point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

This is my biggest concern if he turns out he staged the whole thing.  **** like this does happen, but you know there are certain elements of our society who will seize on this as an example of how it is all made up.  I hope he didn't fake it, he would have done actual victims a real disservice.

My other question would be for what motivation?  Career recognition?  I hadn't really heard of Empire but it appears to be a pretty successful show he's been on for four years, and there are several other acting and TV Credits.  HIs career is already better than 95% of people who make a go at Hollywood.

You mention the "certain other elements" but the fact is the opposite side from those elements did in fact seize upon the assault to attack the opposite group which I think was the most likely motivation behind this.  And yes now it will blow back in the opposite direction.  Should a crime designed to drum up hate be a hate crime?

Edited by nonniey