Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to Baltimore Colten Cowser!

5 tool CF prospect that doesn't do anything spectacular but a LH college bat that should move through the system fast. 

It's an underslot pick, so hopefully they can overpay for a couple other prospects with the savings and improve in more areas. 

I don't hate it as it's not a year where there is a great pick to take at 5 and since last year's first round pick is a complete question mark with the heart issue, the safe choice was probably the best one.  

It's a crap shoot. 

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Welcome to Baltimore Colten Cowser!

5 tool CF prospect that doesn't do anything spectacular but a LH college bat that should move through the system fast. 

It's an underslot pick, so hopefully they can overpay for a couple other prospects with the savings and improve in more areas. 

I don't hate it as it's not a year where there is a great pick to take at 5 and since last year's first round pick is a complete question mark with the heart issue, the safe choice was probably the best one.  

It's a crap shoot. 

So far it's been all underslot picks through 8 rounds. 

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Lopez really is a 4 inning starter. Hyde gets a lot of grief but he came out with the quick hook and it worked out tonight. 

As many have been trying to convince him for months.  I understand this is not sustainable and can't be done every outing.  Sometimes there's not much choice but to try to squeeze more innings out of your starters.  But I felt like, especially during that 14 game or whatever losing streak, he was not managing his pitching effectively to pull all the stops and eek out a win even if it meant using up the bullpen and essentially conceding the next two or three games. 

• Like 1