Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Team just can't catch a break ..  the starting pitching has been good and now our offense disappears.  On that subject, we are are doing horribly with RISP.  1-8 today, and for the last 10 or so games all the back to the Tampa series we are batting well under .100.  I have no idea how you can be that horrible with RISP for an extended period of time, even our crappy team BA of .231 (though it is a down year I think league average is something like .240).  You'd think over that period of time our RISP would be at least in like with our BA, but its so far out of whack it defies explanation

Nice double by Stewart there in the 10th but then three chances to tie the game up with a runner on third and nada.   Maybe Wynns should have been pinched hit there.  

Means to IL, though it does not appear injury is serious. 

Mullins is raking 5-5 yesterday with 2 HR and now 2-2 so far with another HR. 

7-0 good guys at the top of the 3rd

Mullins is having a fantastic year.  I always liked him, seems like the prototypical leadoff guy, but has some pop too.  He had his chances in previous years but couldn't seem to get it together at the plate.  Glad to see him excelling.  

• Like 1

If Elias is successful, a lot of credit should go to the Gary Rajsich because it will be largely with a staff he and DD drafted. 

• Like 1
On 6/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, Hersh said:

If Elias is successful, a lot of credit should go to the Gary Rajsich because it will be largely with a staff he and DD drafted. 

Yes, just as a lot of credit for playoff teams of the 2010's came from Andy Mac in acquiring Jones, Tillman, Hunter, Hardy, and Davis. Though Andy's drafts... kinda stunk. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bang said:

I've about had it with Severino. Plays lazy, reacts badly, seems like he's a spectator a lot of the time.

~Bang

I've had it with him, too.  I mean, we're all waiting for AR to arrive but man...Severino is hard to watch.

• Like 1

On top of that, Hyde is starting to get to me.   You keep Akin in maybe because the game is unwinnable and you want to keep your bullpen rested for a more winnable situation, fine.  But when the O's rally to within 1, its the top of the 5th and Harvey is ready, its time to go to the bulllpen.  Which by the way, did not allow a single run the rest of the game, and the O's ended up losing by one run.