Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Last night's game was pretty intense in the later innings.  Glad to see us take 1 away in NYC.  Of the three games in the series I felt that the third one with Means vs. Taillon would be the one we'd have the best chance to win.  

5 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Its looking more and more like Mountcastle is a player without a position

Full time DH. No shame in that. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Full time DH. No shame in that. 

If he can maintain a .850ish OPS I'm all for it (when we're eventually competitve, right now he could probably hit .750 and it would be enough) Otherwise hard to justify a roster spot if you can't play a position competently. 

Red Sox wouldn't be as bad as they were in the opening series for long.  That lineup should be able to score a lot of runs.  Their pitching is pretty awful though.

Not as awful as ours.  

Maybe we can get two against Seattle.  

It is good to listen to Ben McDonald. I like him in the booth.

I say it every year and y'all wear me out for it, but Palmer makes me go to sleep.

~Bang

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bang said:

It is good to listen to Ben McDonald. I like him in the booth.

I say it every year and y'all wear me out for it, but Palmer makes me go to sleep.

~Bang

Yeah it’s sad buI think it’s time for Palmer to hang it up. The Orioles and really Baseball in general needs more energy in broadcast booth if they want to attract and keep younger fans ... average baseball fan is like 60 years old now

• Like 1

Obvious interference prevents the O’s from scoring in the top of the 10th. Catcher blocked the whole ****ing line. Straddled it and bodied Franco. 

Apparently non reviewable. Horse****. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Obvious interference prevents the O’s from scoring in the top of the 10th. Catcher blocked the whole ****ing line. Straddled it and bodied Franco. 

it was horse****, but how do you not score on third from a sijngle ... incredibly poor baserunning by Franco. 

Also Hyde should have charged out of that dugout the second he saw Franco go down.  You aren't supposed to bulldoze the catcher and in turn the catcher isn't supposed to block the basepath unless he has the ball. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
17 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Baseball has the worst replay rules of any major sport. Was it last week that a game ended when the replay showed the runner clearly missed the plate but they still counted the run? 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Baseball has the worst replay rules of any major sport. Was it last week that a game ended when the replay showed the runner clearly missed the plate but they still counted the run? 

Baseball and Football share the same trend of taking the time, money and effort to still get the call wrong a tremendous percent of the time. 

• Like 2