Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

31 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Looks like we won't have the opportunity to walk Stanton 7 times next weekend.  10-day DL

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/giancarlo-stanton-to-injured-list-with-left-biceps-strain

Their lineup is still terrifying, even without him. I'll shed tears that he's not making it down to Camden this week! 

And it's the "Injured List" now. ;) 

Villar says goodbye baseball to the opposite field. 2-0 Orioles. Then Mancini gets an infield hit. 

RBI walk by Davis and a wild pitch, 4-0 good guys. Hess on the mound throwing 95 mph heaters.

Mullins HBP, moved over on a grounder, Villar singles to center, Mullins goes to third and comes home on a Mancini sac fly.

When we got Villar last year I mentioned how he is a pretty good player. I am predicting him to have a big year. Yes, big year. 

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

When we got Villar last year I mentioned how he is a pretty good player. I am predicting him to have a big year. Yes, big year. 

He’s a ball player. If you’re rebuilding, you just can’t afford to be one dimensional. 

He can play multiple infield positions, a little pop, can steal bases and hold his own with the glove. I’ll take 9 of him for now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I’m confused as well. 

Maybe Hyde has marching orders for his pitch count from above? 

Weird. 

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I'm sort of sick right now. Why Hyde?!?! Once in a lifetime opportunity for Hess.

At least we got a double play there. Get this damn W.

No old school manager pulls his pitcher in that situation.

If you're looking for a bellwether event that the O's in-game strategy has dramatically changed, this is probably it.   

• Like 2

The more I think about it the calmer I get. Hess threw 2 innings on Thursday vs. the Yankees. It is the beginning of the season and you don't want to push Hess so much early on. Still, 82 pitches is what gets me. At least let the kid get to 100. I just think a no-no is special and you need to let Hess go for it if he wants it. He clearly did.

Three things about Hess getting pulled. 

1. It was idiotic to do it when he did. Either take him out before the 7th or let him finish the 7th. No need to go after the no hitter, but the justification to take him out in that moment doesn't make sense. 

2. Next time don't use a starter as a reliever in the season opener for more than an inning if it's going to impact their next start. 

3. In general Hyde has managed the bullpen poorly. I'll give him a pass but he's made some head-scratching decisions so far. Givens throwing 49 pitches and Bleier closing games are a couple examples aside from today. 

Edited by Hersh

Nice start...  be nice if it stays hot.

Speaking of hot,, Adam Jones is cranking out homers in 'zona.

Chris Davis on the other hand is on a blistering pace to go 0-fer 2019

Gonna be sore about this for a while i think.

~Bang

Edited by Bang